U2 baby - brought to you by starsforu2 and u2bonogirl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2bonogirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Back on the blue crack after a long break
I haven't actually been on here in foreeeeever but I thought some of my old friends on here would get a kick out of seeing a new interference baby.

My husband (starsforu2) and I met on here in the Octagon bar a little over 4 years ago I think, and got married in July 05. One of the first interference marriages I believe...

Anyway we just had our first baby on the 22nd to the music of Moment of Surrender after 36 hours of natural labor and 2 hours of drugged labor. After the doctor broke my water at 8-9cm I stopped dilating but the contractions got way stronger. They had to kind of knock me out to make my body relax enough to dilate again. It worked!

Her name is Clover Agnes Faul. And she was 7lbs 1oz, 20 in at birth. She came out screaming like a champ before they even had her airway cleared.
We're biased, but we think she's pretty adorable. And she's already spent lots of time listening to U2, so she should have pretty good taste in music when she gets older :cute: And she was born in time for us to be able to get away for some U2 shows while she hangs out with her aunt and uncle!

First night in the world
IMG_0461.jpg

Day two
IMG_0463.jpg

Mom and baby three days in
IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

Hot daddy :drool:
IMG_0481.jpg

we just had our first baby on the 22nd to the music of Moment of Surrender after 36 hours of natural labor and 2 hours of drugged labor
:lol:...at the choice of music, not the labour.

My Mrs was in labour for 82 hours with our first, if that helps with perspective. Went into labour on Thursday and came out Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Congrats :applaud:

Congrats! She's super cute, glad you're all doing well. :wave:

:lol:...at the choice of music, not the labour.

My Mrs was in labour for 82 hours with our first, if that helps with perspective. Went into labour on Thursday and came out Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Congrats :applaud:

:yikes: omg, 82 hours? Crap! Did you have a hard time seeing her in labor for that long? My poor husband was in tears a couple of times from seeing me in so much pain.

I was hoping for my labor to be quicker because my mom had 3 fast births and my contractions were so strong. It would have gone better I think without the intervention. I was doing fine until the doctor showed up! I stayed at home for most of the labor - a little over 24 hours of it. Never took a birthing class or anything either so I was kind of figuring that whole thing out on my own. The nurses at the hospital told me I was one of the quietest girls they had seen in there and I thought I was making tons of noise! I FELT like making tons of noise anyway!

Sunday bloody sunday, lol....didn't even think about that parallel when she was born on Sunday. She was actually born on her due date too, believe it or not.

We were playing No Line in the delivery room during the pushing and moment of surrender happened to be on when she actually came out. It makes the song kind of special when we hear it now :cute:

People like the name Clover a lot more than I expected. I had to do a little convincing to my husband that it was a cute name and eventually he liked it too. At first he said no. It's really unique without being totally freakish like Moonbeam or something. Originally when I saw the name I thought of the purple clover flower that the clover honey comes from but everyone else seems to think of lucky clovers. She's a little flower to me. A funny thing though is that lucky Clover was born in room 13 at the hospital :lol:

I was there to witness the beginning of it all in the Octagon Bar :cute:

Congrats to both of you. You deserve every bit of the happiness she'll bring you. :)

Back
Top Bottom