U.S. Daylight Savings Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
I guess since ABEL lives in the Netherlands now we cant count on her for our annual DST thread. :sad: :wink:

Clocks go back one hour tonight.

I am ready to turn my clocks back and I psyche myself out so the time difference doesn't screw me up. I do the same thing when I travel across time zones and it works :up: Thanks for the reminder, Sicy! Happy November everyone.

Thanks, Sicy. I read an article in the paper yesterday that there are fewer heart attacks on the Monday following the "fall back", theoretically because everyone gets an extra hour of sleep. Conversely, there are more heart attacks on the Monday following the change ahead, due to one hour less of sleep. Makes sense to me! :D

Ok wait. Tonight we switch them back an hour correct? Sorry this always screws my head up a little

Thanks, Sicy. I read an article in the paper yesterday that there are fewer heart attacks on the Monday following the "fall back", theoretically because everyone gets an extra hour of sleep. Conversely, there are more heart attacks on the Monday following the change ahead, due to one hour less of sleep. Makes sense to me! :D

But more pedestrians get hit and killed by cars in the first few days after the switch back to standard time. I guess if the heart attack doesn't get you the cars will. :lol:

I'm not a fan of fall back because I hate when it gets dark at 5pm. I could care less about the extra hour of sleep. :sigh:

I'm not a fan of fall back because I hate when it gets dark at 5pm. I could care less about the extra hour of sleep. :sigh:

Yeah, getting dark so early really bugs me. It's just so depressing, and I need more depressing like I need a hole in the head. I love when it stays light until almost 10 pm in the summer. :yes:

I don't like the early darkness but I also can't stand waking up in the dark, it totally messes up my sleep patterns.

yep. and as much as it's nice to have it be bright when I get up, I really don't care as much as I care about having it be bright in the evening. by february I will be potenitally postal. even just on myself :angry:

What do you mean you care about the extra hour's sleep? It gets dark at 5 p.m.! How can you care?

I said I dont care. Pay attention. :madspit: Everyone else is all excited about the extra hour of sleep, I'd rather spring ahead, lose an hour sleep and have it stay light out later.

I said I dont care. Pay attention. :madspit: Everyone else is all excited about the extra hour of sleep, I'd rather spring ahead, lose an hour sleep and have it stay light out later.
but you said you could care less, implying there's a possibility to care less than you do at this present moment.

:nerd: :wink:

I don't like the early darkness but I also can't stand waking up in the dark, it totally messes up my sleep patterns.

Ditto. And taking three dogs out in total darkness, with a foot or two of snow really blows, especially having no fence and there being lots of skunks about lately. At least if the sun is coming up I can be sure not to step in dog shit and SEE the skunk rather than smell him like he is everywhere at once and yet nowhere I can see. Night is not so bad b/c I can take one out at a time, but when we wake up everyone has to potty NOW!

Arizona and no daylight savings time :up:

It's kind of cool to live here and see the days grow longer and shorter naturally. Highs in the low 90s during November I could do without, though.

I'd much rather have the extra light at the end of the day. Do our lives really have to revolve around farmers & school children. :tsk:

^ Apparently so! We used to stay the same all year around, until our current governor managed to push through DST. Not only that, we are now forever and always on Eastern time--the same as the east coast! Although we are about 120 miles south-southeast of Chicago, we will always be an hour ahead of them, and on the same time as NYC and Washington, DC. Go figure! :huh:

Back
Top Bottom