tumblr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, good. I thought I was the only one who really didn't know what Tumblr was. Is it just a blog hosting kind of site? I got the impression at there was something that made it different from blogs, but I haven't been able to figure out what that might be.

Hipster Puppies never fails to crack me up: hipster puppies

HA! adorable. and hilarious

It's sort of in-between Twitter and blogs, I think. You can write a lot if you want or a little or nothing at all, just posting pictures, video, or audio. I also like that it's tons more aesthetically pleasing/less spammy than Twitter.

yeah i've seen it referred to as "micro-blogging." some people do write a lot, but most people post pictures or small quotes or videos or mp3's. a lot of tumblrs have a theme but some are just stuff the poster likes. i like it 'cause it's super easy and fast, and i like the simplified layouts. i just update mine whenever i come across something i like that i feel like sharing and remembering. i feel like twitter is just the equivalent of a facebook status update, while tumblr is a collection of images or what have you.

this looks like something 4chan would come up with - somewhere between lol and wtf

Thanks for the Tumblr explanation.

Can anyone now explain the missing 'e'? Does removing vowels make words hip and cool? If it were spelled "tumbler," would people assume it was a site with pictures of people performing acrobatic stunts?

/get off my lawn

never heard of tumblr, but i get the same feeling i do when i see people's twitter pages--that i'm walking into a conversation somewhere in the middle, i don't get it, but it's also to mundane a conversation for me to care.

Tumblr is gonna be the big emerging thing in social media next year. Mark my words. It's a great way to blog on any topic you want, without devoting too much time to it, and without being as completely simple (feature-deficient) as Twitter.

because people need yet another place to share every inane thought that pops into their heads! :happy:

I wish Tumblr would crash less though :angry:

Srsly. On the bright side, their new crash page is beyond amusing:

tumblr_lfnieqcGG11qaabyno1_1280.png

Back
Top Bottom