To Anyone in the UK, Leeds area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freefall

Refugee
Hey, Freefall here, and I have a special friend in Leeds who is in need of some friends right now. His name is Scott Gibbs and he is 22 years old and from Brisbane, Australia. He came to Great Britain in pursuit of a dream but that dream quickly soured for him. He has spent the last several months trying to find work with little success. He snagged a job yesterday with the college but that will not start until September when the school year begins. The problem is that his plane ticket will expire in August. He is working on an extension to his work visa right now. He wants to stay in the UK, but things are getting a little rough for him, and he's getting discouraged. He's lost weight, had his life threatened, and is basically a stranger in a strange land.

If anyone knows of connections or suggestions that I can feed to him, please post them? Does anyone know of employment, job leads or has contacts for him? Scott is a good friend, and I have known him for a little while now. We talk regularly, so I know the need is genuine. He's just getting very discouraged. I have his permission to share his e-mail address if you think you can be of assistance. Even a friend for him to run with would be a grand idea. I am too faraway to be of literal, physical assistance to him.

Thanks, Freefall

I know the size of hearts that U2 fans have. I know you guys will take ths seriously, because it is serious! Thank you again for your help.

I'm basically on the opposite end of the universe, but I really hope your mate gets what he needs, as I understand that nobody deserves having to go to Brisbane.

Seriously though, I do really hope he can find something temp before September, and although I don't know the extent of his problems, the knowledge that getting that might be the near-end of much of his problems should be a real encouragement, which I'm sure he realises. Good luck to him.

I'm basically on the opposite end of the universe, but I really hope your mate gets what he needs, as I understand that nobody deserves having to go to Brisbane.

Seriously though, I do really hope he can find something temp before September, and although I don't know the extent of his problems, the knowledge that getting that might be the near-end of much of his problems should be a real encouragement, which I'm sure he realises. Good luck to him.

Thanks for the words there, friend. Scott is suffering from a bout of depressiion today and there seems to be no way to poke him out of it. He just wants to be alone. I think the shortness of his timeline and all he's going through is weighing on him right now, and I can't be there. He won't even let me in! There is just no way to solve this...:sad:

Back
Top Bottom