Thunder Snow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
who else is stuck?

33823_10150114997465934_775510933_7731138_5090559_n.jpg

Oh that's nothing! You should've seen my street before everyone got out to start digging out!

Several cars are literally buried, and snow blowers weren't working well because of the 2 feet nightmare. People had to shovel first before using the blowers.

I hear the Giants are stuck in Appleton, Wisconsin for another night.

I've been to that hotel and have family in the area. I could recommend a good bar nearby.

It's just funny to think of this NFL team holed up in rinky-dink Appleton! Good ol' Green Bay area ... such a tiny town compared to where these guys usually go. :lol:

Good luck digging out, everyone.

I was supposed to cruise back down to Atlanta tonight. Not going to happen. So, off to New England tomorrow. They did not get as buried.

Stuck in or stuck out? My sister lives in Tribeca and she cant get home. Scheduled to leave Sunday night, all of the airports closed, pushed her flight back to New Years Eve.

We only got about 6 inches here in Indiana--I feel very lucky, seeing all of the pictures and videos. :reject:

You mean recently or the storm we got a couple weeks ago? Cause up here we got 25-28 inches. It was a friggin' mess. Not as bad as what's going on up in NY though.

I was supposed to cruise back down to Atlanta tonight. Not going to happen. So, off to New England tomorrow. They did not get as buried.

Logan got nearly 20"...my office is here in Eastie near the airport and there's lots of snow...at the homestead I got mostly rain (right on the coast) but with that got water (swells underground from surrounding marshlands during these coastal storms)under the house and of course the pipe blew off the sump pump and I had to go into the crawl space to fix it in 6 inches of water...and of course while doing so the power went out from the ridiculous winds. Fortunately was only out about an hour and the pump got running before the water level rose high enough to reach the furnace...but fun times abounded...next town over several homes were flooded with waves crashing over the roofs and 2 burnt down from seawater causing an electrcal fire.

Is it summer yet?

You mean recently or the storm we got a couple weeks ago? Cause up here we got 25-28 inches. It was a friggin' mess. Not as bad as what's going on up in NY though.

We got about 4 inches Christmas Eve day here in north central Indiana, on top of what was on the ground already. Definitely had a White Christmas, but nothing like the dumping folks out east got!

We made out good here in Atlanta, we got just enough (maybe an inch or two) to make everything white for Christmas. First white Christmas in over 100 years here. :up:

We got about 4 inches Christmas Eve day here in north central Indiana, on top of what was on the ground already. Definitely had a White Christmas, but nothing like the dumping folks out east got!

Ah. We just got some flurries, but it's not like those 25 inches have really gone anywhere either. Though I guess it's supposed to warm up at the end of the week :yuck:

Logan got nearly 20"...my office is here in Eastie near the airport and there's lots of snow...at the homestead I got mostly rain (right on the coast) but with that got water (swells underground from surrounding marshlands during these coastal storms)under the house and of course the pipe blew off the sump pump and I had to go into the crawl space to fix it in 6 inches of water...and of course while doing so the power went out from the ridiculous winds. Fortunately was only out about an hour and the pump got running before the water level rose high enough to reach the furnace...but fun times abounded...next town over several homes were flooded with waves crashing over the roofs and 2 burnt down from seawater causing an electrcal fire.

Is it summer yet?

Sounds wicked bad!

I hear the Giants are stuck in Appleton, Wisconsin for another night.

I've been to that hotel and have family in the area. I could recommend a good bar nearby.

It's just funny to think of this NFL team holed up in rinky-dink Appleton! Good ol' Green Bay area ... such a tiny town compared to where these guys usually go. :lol:

Good luck digging out, everyone.

Park Central baby!!! :lol:

I was in Florida during the snowfall (but it was cold there too!)...actually flew back as scheduled on Tuesday night without a hitch, on time and everything on Delta, LaGuardia was packed though with people trying to get out. But, I had to wait 90 minutes for a taxi, fortunately it wasn't totally frigid. Still a ton of snow around in south Brooklyn, I can see a couple of streets still unplowed.

Back
Top Bottom