Thunder Snow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
local radio station was trying to come up with names for the snow storm.

Snowmaggedon
SnOwMG
Snowpocalypse

But my favorite was:
Snowtorious B.I.G.

It's fun to laugh about our impending doom :happy:

Yeah, looks like it's coming through the Midwest, too. I only own two pairs of shoes, they're both sneakers, and they're both old and falling apart and don't have much traction. So, if I have to do a bunch of walking around, I might be slip sliding on the ice a little bit. But, fuck it. I ain't scared.

This is my favorite.

My fiancée is a little paranoid. She came home today with a huge kerosene heater, complete with a 5 gallon jug of kerosene. The end times are near!

I'm paranoid because my mom TRIED to get groceries and came home with 2 Pizzas, a bag of chips and 4 containers of biscuits.

Oh shit, cats, it's officially thundersnow:

... BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT... HEAVY SNOW WITH SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR WILL CONTINUE THROUGH 9 PM EDT WITH A FEW RUMBLES OF THUNDER POSSIBLE. NORTHEAST WINDS WILL INTENSIFY TO 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 40 MPH CREATING SEVERE BLOWING AND DRIFTING IN BLIZZARD CONDITIONS.

Meanwhile in NYC, we have freezing rain.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY... WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST WEDNESDAY. * LOCATIONS... NEW YORK CITY... COASTAL PORTIONS OF NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY... AND LONG ISLAND. * HAZARDS... FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET. * ACCUMULATIONS... BETWEEN 1/10 AND 1/4 INCH OF ICE ACCUMULATION BY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON. * TIMING... FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION AFTER MIDNIGHT. FREEZING RAIN WILL CONTINUE INTO THE EARLY MORNING HOURS ON WEDNESDAY BEFORE CHANGING TO PLAIN RAIN BY MID MORNING.

Man, I don't know about everywhere else, but the storm was weak-ass here. 6 inches? Psh.

Yeah. Not sure exactly how much snow we got here in Chicago (edit: O'Hare got 20 inches), but it took a good 2 1/2 hours to shovel out the driveway this morning with 2 other people, and there were drifts about 5 feet high all along the alley. Probably not gonna be using the car for a couple days...

Last edited:
Got about 7 inches yesterday to add to the snow we have had already (can't remember what it looks like without the snow) then the freezing rain started for most of the night. Woke up this morning to sleet then changed back over to snow. Still snowing... when will spring arrive? :crack:

Yeah. Not sure exactly how much snow we got here in Chicago (edit: O'Hare got 20 inches), but it took a good 2 1/2 hours to shovel out the driveway this morning with 2 other people, and there were drifts about 5 feet high all along the alley. Probably not gonna be using the car for a couple days...

I'm about an hour to the east of you and I still can't believe how much more snow Chicago got than us. We were supposed to get way more snow than y'all and we got...six inches. But apparently there's a lot of ice out there too, which of course is not good. My dad is just driving me nuts talking about how this is the most snow he's ever seen...come on dad. No real wind to speak either.

The good news is I'm being told there's another system coming through next week, just as strong :happy:

Lake Shore Drive this morning:

234877816.jpg

Well after about 6-7 inches of snow Tuesday, Wednesday started with some more snow, changed to sleet for 2 hours and then it rained the rest of the day until the temperatures started to plummet in the afternoon, freezing all the slush and huge puddles in place. But the best part was last night when I went to take the dog out and saw some lightning and we got a new form of precip to cap things...hail!

Forecast is for snow or a "wintry mix" on Saturday and then more snow on Tuesday.
Enough is enough already.

I am wondering that myself! Have seen nothing but snow on the ground for at least a good month now that I have forgotten what grass looks like.

Exaclty... I miss seeing the grass only thing here to see is snow. Going to forget what the color green looks like here soon. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom