Thunder Snow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
alg_trash_still.jpg

A suicidal man plummeted nine stories and survived in midtown Sunday when he landed on a trash heap that had piled up since last week's blizzard slammed the city, officials said.

Vangelis Kapatos, 26, jumped from his father's apartment in The Whitby building on W. 45th St. near Eighth Ave. a few minutes before noon.

Cop sources said he had tried to take his life a number of other ways immediately before leaping.

He was rushed to Bellevue Hospital Center, where he was in critical but stable condition early Sunday evening, police said.

"He landed on a garbage pile," one official said. "That's the only reason he's alive."

Cops said Kapatos' injuries were not life-threatening.

The Sanitation Department suspended trash collection after the Dec. 26 snowstorm that paralyzed the city. It was expected to resume tomorrow.

Residents of the building, where Kapatos lived with his father since childhood, said the garbage had been kept in the basement since the storm hit.

Workers had moved the foul-smelling heap - roughly 100 plastic bags - out onto the sidewalk Sunday morning.

Kapatos' family is originally from Greece, neighbors said.

49 states (yes, including Hawaii) have snowfall as of now. Can anyone guess the 50th state that doesn't have snow?

Yup, it's Florida. Still waiting to see snow on my home turf. Even as a flurry. But hey, that's not the only thing Florida isn't represented in, take a look at the NHL all-star rosters :D

49 states (yes, including Hawaii) have snowfall as of now. Can anyone guess the 50th state that doesn't have snow?

Yup, it's Florida. Still waiting to see snow on my home turf. Even as a flurry. But hey, that's not the only thing Florida isn't represented in, take a look at the NHL all-star rosters :D

I'm kind of surprised you guys don't have snow, isn't the SE getting pounded right now?

EDIT: According to weather.com, I am incorrect. Which is strange, because I'm pretty sure they were the ones who told me otherwise earlier.

Eh, I know there was flurries in Jacksonville a few weeks ago but certainly nothing gets really passed that northern boarder.

We're still freezing our asses off though, it's in the 30s (although by mid day it's usually back to the comfort zone in the 50s). I know, 30s might not be much to complain about but it's just awful for us here in Florida.

Worst of all Housing thinks they can just save money by keeping the AC on through all of this. I wake up and it's 59 degrees in my room! Cheap bastards.

You are not allowed to post in here. :angry: :tsk:

I don't know if 12 inches qualifies as Thunder Snow!, but that's a lot for my area. It looks pretty, but isn't so fun to navigate. It's turned to rain pretty quickly, but the roads are going to be a nightmare for days.

Well I spoke to soon!! We got 8 inches of snow Sunday night/Monday, that's a ton for us here in Atlanta, burrr.

Wow, Bloomberg closed all schools.

It was expected to be 12 inches, now there's 18 inches.

This is getting nauseating. And I agree with the comment on sticking a shovel up Gore' ass.

yea this is getting to be bat shit crazy. at least i got a snow day out of the deal :hi5:

there's snow in the forecast again for today, tomorrow, saturday and tuesday. what the hell?

my i add that at this moment my fiancé is in honolulu on business, where it is currently 82 with a lite breeze but hey, i've got 20 inches of thunder snow, so who's the sucker now?!?!?!

:reject:

my i add that at this moment my fiancé is in honolulu on business, where it is currently 82 with a lite breeze but hey, i've got 20 inches of thunder snow, so who's the sucker now?!?!?!

:reject:

See, now you make the decision on which trip to join her on based on the magnitude of the event rather than the destination, perhaps not the best reasoning...being in Honoruru this week beats the heck out of Dall-Ass next week outside of the 3 hours at the stadium.

Wise move.

Its in the 30's in Dallas.
Not as bad as Indy will be for the Super Bowl, but they really should just have it in N'awlins, Miami and Tampa, then repeat the cycle.

Back
Top Bottom