This will make you rethink facebook a little bit...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nothing. It's just a gimmick showing you how much personal stuff can be viewed through facebook via a video once you click allow. That box is just a gimmick.

I'm scared to even click on it. :reject: I have my privacy settings high, but I have no doubt that things are being shared that I am not aware of. I have been taking a lot of info off of my profile for that exact reason!

If I wasn't living on the other side of the world to 'home' (and so seeing photos etc is nice - even some of the more mundane updates and check ins and whatnot are enjoyable) I would absolutely be canning Facebook. As it is, my profile is about as private and 'empty' as you could get. No personal or contact information, no 'likes', not even any photos beyond my profile pic.

maybe zuckerburg is the antichrist? :hmm:

I didn't check that link out because I have enough that keeps me up at night without adding fuel to the fire

I too have my security settings reasonably high but am sure that there are means and ways of people finding me if they really really want too and maybe sometimes I am guilty of a little too much complacency

one of the things that niggles at me is the fact that fb keep a record of passwords ~ I have changed mine a few times and recently changed it again as a friends account had been hacked and, in the odd unthinking moment when I enter the old one facebook will tell me :crack:

To add to Headache's post - Failbook will also casually exploit it if you do. And you might need to get new friends.

Facebook has security settings? :lol: I've barely played around with mine since I joined, so thats a bit of a scary thought. Ah well. What'dya gonna do? :reject:

So don't be a dumb dumb and post private, embarrassing things on Facebook

I try and subscribe to the 'if you wouldn't want your mum to see it don't post it' mantra :shrug: and as for my kids? I check their fb and twitter from time to time just to make sure there's nothing there that could come back and bite them . . . tumblr on the other hand . . . pah, whole different kettle of fish!

don't share shit you don't want people to see. no matter your privacy settings, if you're like most people and use the same password for everything, shit can still get out.

stuff like my twitter and my facebook are all things i don't mind people knowing. sometimes it can make me look a bit silly, but i wouldn't put it out there if i wasn't happy with it out there.

and the video can make a good point, but the fact is you click on a big button that says "i'm happy for this to trawl through my stuff" to achieve the lack of privacy effect.

don't share shit you don't want people to see. no matter your privacy settings, if you're like most people and use the same password for everything, shit can still get out.

stuff like my twitter and my facebook are all things i don't mind people knowing. sometimes it can make me look a bit silly, but i wouldn't put it out there if i wasn't happy with it out there.

and the video can make a good point, but the fact is you click on a big button that says "i'm happy for this to trawl through my stuff" to achieve the lack of privacy effect.

Which is exactly why I didn't use it, so didn't see what it does.

i already gave access months ago so i forget what it says, but it says on there before you have to do anything what it can do with your info, just like with any app.

honestly, i don't get what the big deal is. no one has any issues allowing bejeweled or words with friends or farmville to have access to their info. this site hasn't become so popular and been written about so much for them to make off with...what? everyone's names and dates of birth?

Did you see how many permissions it wants, though? The reason it can show you so much is because you let it see everything.

I don't know, I allowed it access and all I got was a black screen, then I went to privacy settings and revoked the access. I'm pretty sure its something harmless to make you more paranoid about nonsense.

Don't be a part of the masses, instead be unique and not have Facebook, thereby not feeding an oligopoly of online advertising out of nothing.

Back
Top Bottom