Things To Do In Las Vegas (besides the obvious)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, I'll try to come up with some things. At the very least, I'll run some food recs by you.

The first thing coming to mind is having a drink at The Chandelier at the Cosmo. The thing is mesmerizing. The Cosmo being one of the newer joints on the Strip, you can kind of get lost in it. But that bar blew me away. The entire resort is great though, much better than CityCenter across the street.

Where are you staying?

Cosmo also has some great restaurants- Holstein's has the best burgers and "spiked" shakes. Make sure you have a drink at Mix at Mandalay Bay- fantastic views. They used to have a half price happy hour, not sure if they still do.

I assume Fremont St is obvious, but I just want to say that was another highlight. We were there for like two hours and barely walked a kilometre.

I'm taking some of this advice too :hmm: even though I'm sort of a regular there, it's always good to find out more of these little secrets. I'll be there May 12-14th. Staying at Paris.

And I agree with Martha's Hoover Dam advice. Last time I was there the new bypass bridge was being built and it is an engineering marvel spectacle to behold. It was actually surreal to look at it beginning to emerge from the side of the mountain. :ohmy: It's been a while since I've been there now so I have no idea on the progress, maybe it's done!

Ok I just looked it up, and it's been done a while now! Definitely going to check it out!

See the water cirque de Soleil. I think it's called "O." But don't do it the first night because you'll be jet lagged coming from the east coast. We saw "Ka," which was good, but everyone says "O" is better.

There's a constant line around the block to get in and none of the guys from the show are there anymore.

The newly opened Mob Museum downtown is pretty cool. Also, Fremont Street has a zipline now.

While I don't exactly agree with GAF (don't think I don't remember your last trip to Vegas) everyone likes to make plans for Las Vegas but the best thing to do is just let it happen. Start drinking at breakfast and see where the rest of the day (and night!) takes you.

Well, what timing....the May 2012 issue of Maxim magazine..."All in Vegas.. the Ultimate Two-Day Sin City Bachelor Party Guide"...6 pages of interesting information...!

I love the cover, "Vegas Bachelor Party Weekend - Where to Eat, Play and Lose your Dignity!!!"

Back
Top Bottom