The Snuggie Sutra - This was inevitable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
think they'll come up with one for every day of the year?

EE3345CF.jpg

One of my co-workers found a link to get a free snuggie sent to you. I signed up! :lol: I thought it might be funny just to see what it's like, plus - it's free! No harm done if I don't end up liking it. :D

You're actually supposed to wear this out in public? Maybe for casual Fridays.It would be awesome for the movies. I guess you just undo the tie to use the facilities.

Finally, a Snuggie for the office. Meet the Snuggle Suit. You can get down on your knees and thank JC Penney for this miracle of modern fashion. It's a Snuggie for the gal-on-the-go, or a Slanket for the upwardly mobile (and outwardly color blind). Someone please nominate the designer of this beauty for a Nobel Peace Prize, because citizens of all nations can agree upon the greatness of this fashion necessity. One quick question: When will the men's version be available?

snugsuit2.jpg

You're actually supposed to wear this out in public? Maybe for casual Fridays.It would be awesome for the movies. I guess you just undo the tie to use the facilities.

Finally, a Snuggie for the office. Meet the Snuggle Suit. You can get down on your knees and thank JC Penney for this miracle of modern fashion. It's a Snuggie for the gal-on-the-go, or a Slanket for the upwardly mobile (and outwardly color blind). Someone please nominate the designer of this beauty for a Nobel Peace Prize, because citizens of all nations can agree upon the greatness of this fashion necessity. One quick question: When will the men's version be available?

snugsuit2.jpg

:lol: Maybe for casual Friday like you said, but I am sure co-workers would definatley have to take a second glance because of it.

Oh my @ the snuggie sutra :eek: Makes you wonder what will they think of next?

boston.com

Snug as a bug in a pub
Barhopping event gets cozy

By Danielle Dreilinger, Globe Correspondent | January 28, 2010

In the depths of the New England winter, it can be nearly impossible to pry people out of the house, even though a draught of brisk air might be the best thing for their mental health. But the couch is so warm . . . so cozy. Which is why Diana Weisner’s planned outing is, in its way, so perfect. This Saturday, the reclusive can simultaneously socialize and hibernate at the Boston-area’s first-ever Snuggie Pub Crawl.

That’s right, wear your Snuggie to a bar, perhaps several bars. And drink.

The cozy crew will start at the Independent in Somerville at 8 p.m. and move on to Precinct, Sally O’Brien’s, P.A.’s Lounge, and Bull McCabe’s, everyone snug as a bug in a well, you know.

Weisner’s enthusiasm banishes all thought of cold-weather blues. The Union Square resident, 25, planned the pub crawl as a small event for friends like the pajama party she threw at Maggiano’s a couple of years ago. But everyone who’s heard about the Snuggie crawl wanted in. Now she’s expecting 100 people.

Scenesters who complain that Boston’s behind the times have a legitimate point this time. According to snuggiepubcrawls.com, 62 cities held such crawls last year. Even Scranton, Penn., beat us to the (fuzzy) punch.

Perhaps it’s a sign of the staying power of the dubious (and ironic) style quotient of the fleece fad. Weisner herself mocked Snuggies for months, she said. In retaliation, her aunt gave her one. Weisner fell in love and gave them to her smirking roommates.

“Now we all sit on the couch in our living room looking like a bunch of monks,’’ she said.

So Snuggie fans, emerge. You have nothing to lose but your clean hems trailing along all those sticky pub floors. (To preserve her own treasured blanket with sleeves, Weisner has purchased a special one for the event. She declined to describe it in detail -animal print? sequins? -but admitted, “It is noticeable.’’)

Participants will compete in contests at each stop on the trail, with prizes from Union Square institutions such as the Neighborhood Restaurant and Bloc 11. It starts with Best Pirate Snuggie, Weisner said (her tip: bring props), and moves on to something called “Snug a Stranger,’’ several athletic events, and Snuggie Clown Car (guess). At the finish line, attendees will crown a king and queen.

Anyone can participate as long as they don’t try to bend the rules or attempt some sort of DIY shroud. “An afghan?’’ Weisner exclaimed, toweringly indignant. “Does it have sleeves?’’

Slankets, however, are fine.

Oh dear...the karma sutra thread in related posts down there is truly...enlightening...:crack:

Back
Top Bottom