THE MOST SMASHED POST EVER?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gvox

Ghost of Love
Guys, I think I broke a new record for the single most ridiculously drunk/high/whatever post anyone has ever posted. Here's how ridiculous it is, I HONESTLY SWEAR ON MY LIFE DO NOT recall a. being on line then b. being concious then and c. typing any posts on interference.

Seriously, this is a fucking hoot. I should get an award or something:

U2 Feedback - View Single Post - The Temple Bar.....Let's point and laugh at BoMac's illiteracy....MUYFA!

I woke up at 4 PM yesterday.

That's pretty fucking scary.

Aren't you a little old for the whole "OMG I was sooooooooooooooo drunk last night" thing? ;)

Call me old, cranky, and/or lame ( :kiss: ), but I don't get the whole drunk posting thing. Yeah, it happens. Sometimes it's funny when it happens.

But now it's like a big trend or something. Nothing against people who do it, because hey, I like to drink too, but I don't want to read about it. You like it? Great, good for you.

Different strokes for different folks and all. :)

I can certainly understand where you're coming from, Cori, and I do share the feelings, but sometimes it can be a good laugh. Furthermore, I guess it's part of a certain culture here. And hey, if it's the person's choice and it's not causing too much problems, and other people get a kick out of it, then it's a by all means thing.

Now - I'm afraid to say to you that I've seen far, far worse, Gabe.

I can understand where you're coming from, Cori, but sometimes it can be a good laugh.

Yes, sometimes it can.

I will state for the record that when I've been tipsy and posted here, I am still anal retentive enough to fix my spelling errors. :shh:

Aren't you a little old for the whole "OMG I was sooooooooooooooo drunk last night" thing? ;)

Call me old, cranky, and/or lame ( :kiss: ), but I don't get the whole drunk posting thing. Yeah, it happens. Sometimes it's funny when it happens.

But now it's like a big trend or something. Nothing against people who do it, because hey, I like to drink too, but I don't want to read about it. You like it? Great, good for you.

:love:

Then you could have just not replied to this thread and stopped reading it once you knew what it was about.

Really though, I was just going to reply to Gabe specifically with my initial comment, but then I thought "what the hell" and put my general opinion out there about drunk posting just for the sake of drunk posting.

And now that my opinion has been put out into the world, I think the world is a better place.

;)

Since we have the imbedded video feature now, I'm not going to consider a post "drunk" or "smashed" until I see video proof. Cause anyone can go, "HOL FUKY WOWWW!!! I M SOOE DRUNKEE ND WASTDD' NO#W!!!"

So sorry Gabe, you get an A for effort, but honestly, I just don't buy it. I'm pretty sure you had a sound plan to post, then wait approx 24 hours with the follow up for effect, but until I see you on the floor like the Hoff and his cheeseburger, I give the original post 2.5 / 10.

Crarky, I'm with you on this one.

It's like getting smashed and having it on tape, except it's on the Internet, in print, where anyone can see it, you know? I'm against the idea as well, but it's a personal preference and I don't have anything against anyone for doing that.

Crarky is a nickname which just doesn't roll off the tongue, you know? While it is an apt nickname, it's so clumsy.

It's almost like "crikey," but then that might make me the Crocodile Hunter or something.

Add me to the cranky/old/lame category, but what happened to the days of drunk posting and actually being embarrased about it the next day, hoping it would all just go away?

:shrug:

k...back to my rocking chair and knitting needles :wave:

The drunk posting "wbfuewbavbewbvpaewa" massive-typos thing is stupid.

I'm more drunk right now than the original poster has ever been in his entire life and I can guarantee you that there are no typos in this sentence.

Or this one.

There probably aren't any typos in the sentence I'm typing right now, either.

It would be sorta funny if Cori was drunk when writing this. Just a thought.

Drunk posting is silly and usually over exaggerated. I guess I'm in the old crabby folks category.

What you guys dont understand is that I wouldn't do this for attention or to join some faddish 'posting while drunk' thing. Many times I drink and post in the temple bar, y'all know that. Plus, there were entire paragraphs, with what appears to be some sort actual rhyme or reason happening.

This was something way crazier. I actually missed all of yesterday. It was a bit embarrassing talking to people today about Friday plans while still thinking it was Thursday.

The only reason I thought this was funny was because I saw it in a quote and thought someone deliberately fucked with what I originally wrote. Then I read what I originally wrote. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom