The Interference Thread Survivor - Preliminary Nostalgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's just rubbing salt in the wound. *sniff*

dbsquarrel.jpg

Probably still the funniest thing I've ever seen on Interference.

Dark horse to this keeper from Peefer:

phillyfan26 said:
If Dalton is in, I'm in. We're going to take this to the house, Devin Hester style.

Yeah! I think not long after I started posting in the unpopular thread and slowly wormed my way into Random.

Random has had how many threads with your name in the title in only 3 years?

Laz was little more than a ball of sincerity for ages. He's still overly earnest about certain things, but it's tempered by his being a sarcastic asshole with no filter. It's intriguing to read his early shit, back when he used smilies every third word.

And his old threads in Dream Out Loud. :cute:

Yeah! I think not long after I started posting in the unpopular thread and slowly wormed my way into Random.

People always have a bad image of Random until they actually post there.

You fuck one brownie and it sticks with you forever.

And his old threads in Dream Out Loud. :cute:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Theres a couple of clumbsy lines best examples would be imo

"all good things must come to a bend,
the hump on the back of the camel skin"

These two really don't push forward the narrative at the end of the first stanza, leaving me uneasy as where to go next, but to generalise the whole thing, it's alright imo but not great and works as a simplistic yet effective polemic

Christgau wouldn't have been so harsh.
n3.gif

At what point did Laz go from this

hey no sweat...the fact that you are interested in reading and commenting on other people's work, trying to help them improve, says a lot.

good luck on your next endeavor

laz

to this

Throw these on the to-do list:

VAGINAL CYSTERY TOUR
Penny Lay
Fellatio, Goodbye
My Mother Should Blow
I Am The Whorest
Pimpy, You're A Rich Man
Blew Jay & Ray
All Your Seed Is Gloved
Strawberry Folds For Money

Laz was little more than a ball of sincerity for ages. He's still overly earnest about certain things, but it's tempered by his being a sarcastic asshole with no filter. It's intriguing to read his early shit, back when he used smilies every third word.

Uhh, where do you see this?

Because a search of all my posts only goes back 500, I had to manually go into the LS archive and try to find threads I may have posted in. This is the first thing I stumbled across, a little less than a year after I joined:

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...-pathetic-musicians-142025-2.html#post2990358

and from the same thread:

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...-pathetic-musicians-142025-3.html#post2991246

Here's a bit of your "earnest". No smilies though:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/grave-fo-the-fireflies-141511.html#post2975516

And I think "asshole" was around a lot earlier than you believe:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/a-u2-ey-bon-jovi-song-or-ripoff-139755-5.html#post2934405

Pretty proud of that one.

Certainly the Dream Out Loud thread is going to be an exception, as it's for original creations. Not exactly an appropriate place for assholery and sarcasm.

And this is the important part in that thread:

zerodude, seriously.

his work is the most interesting thing dream out loud has seen in a very, very long time. i was actually able to read it all the way through without wanting to scratch my eyes out, which - in this forum - is pretty good.

that said, i did enjoy thanksgiving skin trade more than this one.

good work, laz

:up:

Certainly the Dream Out Loud thread is going to be an exception, as it's for original creations. Not exactly an appropriate place for assholery and sarcasm.

Fair point. But back then, you were much less of the sarcastic asshole we all know and love, or maybe you just had more of a filter.

On a serious note, what made you switch genres, Laz? I dug your DOL shit. Do you still write at all in that capacity?

On a serious note, what made you switch genres, Laz? I dug your DOL shit. Do you still write at all in that capacity?

Thanks. The poetry vein is pretty dried up, unfortunately. I wrote something short around a year ago.

I blame high-speed internet. Almost everything I write is from just letting the mind wander and free-associating from the subconscious, and if I do that now I'm just tempted to start searching for things online.

I'd be more bothered by it if I wasn't working on a film, that's for sure.

Thanks. The poetry vein is pretty dried up, unfortunately. I wrote something short around a year ago.

I blame high-speed internet. Almost everything I write is from just letting the mind wander and free-associating from the subconscious, and if I do that now I'm just tempted to start searching for things online.

I'd be more bothered by it if I wasn't working on a film, that's for sure.

I can relate. I had gotten 220 pages into my novel and the momentum ceased as soon as classes resumed. Do I have free time? Of course, but it's so much easier to screw around online.

I maintain that, for me, creative writing is a lot easier to keep up simultaneously with a work schedule than music ever was. Tuning shit, untangling cables, setting up mic levels...fuck it. I can fire up Word whenever. But I still don't.

I've been a member here for half a decade, and I'm still completely lost when I read this thread.

Wait - there's a pre-asshole Laz? Laz has been an (rather endearing) asshole since day 1! I need to look up this "earnest Laz" character, never heard of 'im! lol

Laz I always assumed (incorrectly?) that you were the same Laz from old Wire days..in which case, you've remained pretty constant/true to original form...and that's a good thing...I quite like the sarcasm just the way it is. :up:

Worse is me signing my posts at the bottom.

Yeah that seems like a carry-over from Wire..I think that's where I first got that idea, anyways.

Back
Top Bottom