The Interference Thread Survivor - Preliminary Nostalgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GirlsAloudFan said:
I still love you, LeMel. I really do. And I still love Axver and Laz and Cobbles all the other people posting in here.

I just think this shit reeks to high heaven. But I'll get out of the way and let you guys have your fun. I'm busy composing my analytical essay about the song structure of "Ronan", anyway.

I love you too, GAF, and you had a perfectly cogent point until IWB agreed with you. Now I'm not sure. Ronan is a great song though.

Where the hell is that one thread with the Battlestar Galactica box sets and the Interpol gig? That was the peak of Muldfeld.

I nominate whatever thread it was that started Peef saying "I'm the goddamn Batman".

Also, Scumbo's musket.

beegee said:
No. Sorry. Wrong.

Lol 2009 is back in the day. I was under the impression that not having ventured into io til about 2003, I'm not even aware of old school io, and was constantly at risk of having my brains eaten. I think that's what I find the stupidest part of this thread. "list the old threads you thought were funny" when 90% of them aren't even really that old. Although I guess in internet terms, old school is something that happened a week ago? Change the name to "inside jokes we like the best" and it would irritate me less.

I know you probably tune out Cobbler's posts, but:

cobl04 said:
It would also be good for some of our elder statesmen (looking at you, u2popmofo) to see if they can't dig up some really old threads, like Atty Club era.

Oh, I forgot about that. :(

It's convenient since there's only like two or three threads in there that were consistently hilarious, but yeah, I think they'll have to be left out.

Co-co-co-signed on the sexual messages thread. Brilliant.

I'd also have to go with the first few U2 caption threads when shit like the beach balls and H Chord got started.

I just thought this'd be a bit of a laugh, not anything serious. Plus, I like nostalgia. I am a historian after all. Maybe GAF thinks I should find a better job. :wink:

Another great thread that shouldn't be forgotten was EYKIW's U2 demotivational posters thread. That had some brilliant stuff in it.

Although I don't like obsessive nostalgia, it doesn't hurt to look back on good times when the going is slow.

Didn't U2man make some good threads?

Also, this thread is going to make it wayyy to easy for newbs and stalkers to research/educate themselves on all the inside jokes. Nothing will be funny anymore.

But to play along:

How about the Pavel thread? :lol:

And..I Know PEOPLE™

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom