The Interference Thread Survivor - Preliminary Nostalgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone else notice how Screwy and Annie got all quiet around the same time? Anyone thinking what I'm thinking? #INTERFERENCEHOOKUP

HMMM?? :lol:

I shudder to contemplate the love-child(ren) of such a union...:sad:

I literally did not remember that I ran that until it got brought up right here. I searched it and it was over four years ago. Man, I have been here for a while.

You've left us hanging for a while.

All these years, wondering.

I haven't the faintest idea why I stopped doing it, either. It was June of 2008. I mean, I had a girlfriend that summer, so I guess that might have been it. But I still don't really remember anything about running it either, so I have no clue.

Took a $25 hit for the team and got a premium membership so I could actually do this.

Starts tomorrow.

Holy shit guys being a premium member is great

There's like 25 posts a minute in Mr. Pussy's Cafe

I found where they stuck U2Man

And you get the secret Taco Bell menu

comic.php

FUCK I am disappointed in us. How in the ever-loving fuck did we not bring him up yet.

And there aren't too many threads nominated which would still be classics even if they were locked after the first post, like that one there. Wow.

Ocotber
More deep

What I would like to push with this survivor is the idea of starting a Hall of Fame section where all of the classic threads can get archived so that new posters can feel more comfortable with our inside jokes. Obviously, nobody is going to think to search for that shit, so making the threads open and available will make the forum a bit more accessible I think.

I'd sure take that over Peeling Off Those Dollar Bills.

What I would like to push with this survivor is the idea of starting a Hall of Fame section where all of the classic threads can get archived so that new posters can feel more comfortable with our inside jokes. Obviously, nobody is going to think to search for that shit, so making the threads open and available will make the forum a bit more accessible I think.

Yeah, this has worked quite well on some other boards I've been to. A goldmine/HOF would be a nice punctuation to the rest of the forum.

That would actually be pretty great.

Does anyone remember Stormierziggy?

No. Sorry. Wrong.

:heart:

If my life really sucked worse than it does, I would go back and find you some historically great threads. One off the top on my mind that really needs to be recognized would be the original RANDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM from Basstrap. Two things about that one: it actually BROKE interference and ended up leading to limits to the number of posts -and- it more or less created "conversation" threads for specific groups of interferencers. Shit like that did not exsist until that thread happened.

It is scary that I have been around this place for akmost 12 years (zonelistener/zoney and a boatload of other trolling alters).

I remember you, bassy, probably bg, and a few others (most notably sicy, because she was the one that vanquished us to AIM), getting ticked off that those of us who took over randooooooooom and made it the chat thread nightmare that it was seen as at the time were noobs who just came along and fucked things up for all the old schoolers. And now I'm sitting here laughing at how ridiculous calling threads from 2008 (a couple years past when I spent a gazillion hours on here) old school is. There's always going to be someone who's been around longer...

And the fact that there are no deathbear threads is kinda telling. I never thought the guy was funny, but then again I was still an uncool noob.

Zoney, long time no see. How is life and stuff?

Back
Top Bottom