The Interference Thread Survivor - Preliminary Nostalgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Noooooo, I didn't think you were one of *those* people, Cori.

Well, it was funny at first. Then yeah, I thought it became a little mean, like "ha ha, look at these idiots, can you believe this???"

But you know me, sometimes I'm just a No-Fun Ass Clown.

I don't remember exactly where or when this thread was, but I recall someone posting what turned out to be a fake tracklisting for Songs of Ascent. One of the titles was "Rock (Hard As)." And people believed it. I still laugh when I think about that.

I don't remember exactly where or when this thread was, but I recall someone posting what turned out to be a fake tracklisting for Songs of Ascent. One of the titles was "Rock (Hard As)." And people believed it. I still laugh when I think about that.

I don't remember that particular incident, but to be fair, Stand Up Comedy is not too far removed from the level of Rock (Hard As).

One of my favorite common grammatical errors is when people type "come on people!" without the comma.

It's a very important comma, people.

Atlanta, Germany
I know people
Knife Crime
I am cry (I barely remember this one - just always laugh at that phrase)
the 2008 Olympics Thread was solid.

As far as I recall (and it might not be totally correct), there was at least some indication or implication from mods that it was legitimate. After the fact, I think Sicy or someone posted that they had done some diligence on it and felt it to be verifiable.

So, that was after the fact of course, which begs the question how did rational people actually believe it before all that came out..well..I know for me I was relatively confident that the mods would never knowingly allow an imposter to play that cruel of a game on the board, and the very fact that it was allowed to continue seemed to indicate to me that they must have done some sort of check and believed it to be true. I had alot of faith that the people who run the forum would be all over that kind of thing, being huge U2 fans themselves. Is/was there also a rule about not being allowed to call yourself "Bono", "The Edge", "Adam Clayton", or "Larry Mullen Jr"? I think there was/is. In other words, for a person to have even been allowed to set up the account and start posting as "The Edge"..it had to be real. That was just my belief on it, can't speak for others. :shrug:

I think you are getting the gist of it.

More specifically, all 4 members of U2 had 'memberships' (usernames) reserved for them. That had always been true as I recall. Fake Edge first appeared (to me) SIGNED IN under the username reserved for members of the band. That's the only reason people like myself thought it was legit. You can't blame people for falling for that shit. I even started a thread that may have helped to start the whole shit storm by telling people that Edge (the supposed 'legit' user - because that was always the reserved account) was lurking.

And yes, after she started posting as Edge, the mods endorsed it.
But I think it was her trolling as "Dalkey Beach" that she used to dupe someone and got the go-ahead to use the reserved 'Edge' name. I think that's how it happened.

In any event, that and the ticket fiasco were BY FAR the biggest two meltdowns in Interference history. And I'd say Fake Edge was #1.

Oh shit, guys. You CAN sort by rating, and I came across a goldmine of threads. Most importantly:
The REAAAAAAL Sing With Me Game - Collaborate HERE!

My fridge plays So Cruel (seriously one of my favorites of all time)

U2 Demotivational Posters!

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/one-the-alternate-alternate-alternate-video-153653.html (The video is gone, but I remember that whole group of videos fondly)

and finally:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/hidden-track-on-zooropa-vs-a-man-and-a-woman-154782.html

Imageshack could no longer play host to the awesomeness of Bonnie's posters.

My favourite remains this one: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/u2-demotivational-posters-185314-6.html#post5047267

Most of Bonnie's were hilarious but they aren't showing up for some reason.

I hope she still has them somewhere! She made incredible posters.

Shame the thread went to shit in the end though. It was one of the best things on EYKIW originally.

Back
Top Bottom