The Interference Thread Survivor - Preliminary Nostalgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's the joke that's gotten the most mileage outside of it's original context/thread?

Lance's Mom?

Atlanta, Germany?

others?

Perhaps "is Bono OK?" has got the most mileage. It's probably the most universal joke on Interference. There are heaps of jokes that are popular in, say, EYKIW but not PLEBA, B&C but not FYM, etc. Pretty much every sub-section of the forum knows "is Bono OK?" though.

Axver said:
Perhaps "is Bono OK?" has got the most mileage. It's probably the most universal joke on Interference. There are heaps of jokes that are popular in, say, EYKIW but not PLEBA, B&C but not FYM, etc. Pretty much every sub-section of the forum knows "is Bono OK?" though.

Yes! How could I have forgotten? Good call!

Unico dropping a sly "Complicated" reference that went over Zoots' head. The tirade against Sicy. "another circlejerk Random I Fucked Lance's Mom in the Brownie Movie Discussion thread."

Bitch moan bitch moan really had it all.

It's interesting going back through these and seeing how much many of our posting styles have changed, especially those of us who joined as kids (Cobble, LM, Lance, Ass Dan, myself, et cetera). Even more interesting is seeing whose haven't.

The first post in this thread is pretty hilarious in itself. No less than 7 career hypotheticals, none of which included "Avril marries Chad Kroeger and they record an album together".

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/avril-lavigne-appreciation-thread-203192.html

It's interesting going back through these and seeing how much many of our posting styles have changed, especially those of us who joined as kids. Even more interesting us seeing whose haven't.

It is, though my posts make me cringe. I was an even bigger idiot then than I am now... it's like every thought I had was worthy of posting :lol:

I cut my teeth and made my first friends here in the Describe the Person Above You threads seven and a half years ago, and those were about as "post every stupid thing that pops in your brain" as it gets. No shame in being a complete fuckhead at that age.

Imperor said:
It's interesting going back through these and seeing how much many of our posting styles have changed, especially those of us who joined as kids (Cobble, LM, Lance, Ass Dan, myself, et cetera). Even more interesting is seeing whose haven't.

Laz was little more than a ball of sincerity for ages. He's still overly earnest about certain things, but it's tempered by his being a sarcastic asshole with no filter. It's intriguing to read his early shit, back when he used smilies every third word.

And Ass Dan, well. Alcohol turned out to be good for his blood pressure. Somewhere after his third blackout he stopped posting in FYM so much.

LemonMelon said:
And Ass Dan, well. Alcohol turned out to be good for his blood pressure. Somewhere after his third blackout he stopped posting in FYM so much.

It is worth noting that FYM is the only forum where peef writes more than a line per post.

I never could figure out if LMP hated me or not. :lol: I remember his "vote for our short film" thread being fun. Shame that gif of him never really caught on.

Back
Top Bottom