The Interference Thread Survivor - Preliminary Nostalgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is it okay not to like Radiohead thread is pretty funny.

Yeah, you're generalizing. Like when I say that Oasis fans are cro-magnon hooligans who wouldn't know good literature or good music if it came up and fisted them in the ass, and are content to listen to watered-down, derivative pap while they headbutt each other in pubs.

I really like the term "fisted them in the ass"

Interesting side-note: Cro-Magnon humans are us, modern humans. There's not really any biological distinction, they'd look the same as anyone walking around today.

Except for the knuckle-dragging Neanderthals who were probably the people Laz was actually describing.

(Cue someone defending pre-historic Neanderthal behaviour.)

Hey, they didn't have scissors back then and had to groom their nails and knucklehair somehow. Dragging it on the ground seemed like their eat option.

:lol: Winner.

As if people seriously believed it was anything other than that remix we already had? Come on guys, it's still u2.com after all.

How's that bracket coming along?

Have you given any thought to creating your own bracket and then shoving it right up your own ass?

Also, hope all is well and that the storm didn't have too much of a negative impact on you or yours. Sorry that the move to Brooklyn will end your season tickets but as you say, better a move there than completely out of the area.

GFY, asshole.

Results after round 2:

Business Trips ... Are They Legit When There's Closing Involved ?? def. Rest of U2 Survivor: Pop - Round 1 15-1
U2 at Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein right now def. tuf bono respect 15-3
I hope Bono is ok small plane crashed in Manhattan def. Psychic Readings: ask The Slow Loris anything about new album here 11-5
Good Morning friends! def. Why did Bono lie about this being a long album? 10-8
Post here and I will give an archnemesis. def. Space Moon v1 12-7
Change DUE from Admin/Mods def. Jeff Goldblum dead too?? 15-6
Tribute Bands Are The Enemies Of Art def. Bitch moan bitch moan 11-1
Morrissey - a live nod to U2 at Glastonbury? def. Ok, Rush vs U2 LIVE 10-0

Average votes per match: 16.3

And now we move on to the quarterfinals, which I believe earns us a bracket...

v6kwo0.png

See you Monday.

Business Trips vs Morrissey is going to be a brutally hard choice. Kunstmuseum vs Tribute Bands is an easy choice for me, but I imagine that it'll also be a close contest.

On the other hand, I expect Fake Edge to absolutely trounce Arch Nemeses, and I Know People should prevail over Is Bono OK? since they're both classic memes but only I Know People actually delivers in its original incarnation.

Well crap, this first bracket is actually hard!

The rest is fairly easy. Kunstmuseum, I Know People, Fake Edge.

But that first bracket. Both are insane as crack, and have their brilliant moments. And a great dose of insanity.

Results after the quarterfinal:

Business Trips ... Are They Legit When There's Closing Involved ?? def. Morrissey - a live nod to U2 at Glastonbury? 15-8
U2 at Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein right now def. Tribute Bands Are The Enemies Of Art 14-12
Change DUE from Admin/Mods def. I hope Bono is ok small plane crashed in Manhattan 12-1
Post here and I will give an archnemesis. def. Good Morning friends! 11-1

Average votes per match: 18.5

kd1zdy.png

There should be a poll for the semifinals posted tomorrow (or maybe I'll do it now while I'm thinking of it), but considering Interference is usually pretty slow on the 24th and 25th, when do you guys think we should resume? I'm probably going with the 26th and then the final poll will happen over New Year's: 31st-2nd.

Oh wow, didn't realise Kunstmuseum won.

Brackets can be very frustrating. No idea why Beav likes em so much. Morrissey is better than at least Arch Nemeses (sorry Beav) and I Know People, in my opinion, but it's not here. These aren't the four best threads.

My prediction: Business Trips destroys Arch Nemeses, Kunstmuseum just edges out I Know People, and then Business Trips probably takes the title (though I'd vote Kunstmuseum).

If Business Trips and Kunstmuseum end up in the final, I'll pat myself on the back for seeding this thing more or less correctly, considering those were #1 and #2 from the start.

Man, Kunstmuseum vs I Know People... tough choice. Whichever goes through, the finale will be hard. :D

Thanks for running it LM, this was fun!

Back
Top Bottom