The Interference Survey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahh, why the hell not. :lol:

First Name: Sharon

Where you live:
Vancouver

Favorite Color: Red, brown

Favorite Food: Pasta, pizza and seafood

Hobbies/ interests
: Reading, running, watching hockey, photography, travel, etc.

Your Profession
: I work in an office

Your Favorite TV show: Amazing Race and Lost, to name just two

Your Favorite Book: Couldn't possibly pick just one. I love reading, and have never been able to pick an all-time favourite.

Your favorite type of music:
Anything except rap and country

Your favorite movie: No clue

Conservative or Liberal : I hate politics

Something you are looking forward to:
Going to see U2 in Vegas, and having the Olympics in my back yard next year!

Something you want to do before you die
: Skydive, write a book, and travel more

A famous person you have met
: Wayne Gretzky

3 interesting things about you
: A drawing I did when I was 3 years old was on the label of a bottle of wine for about 15 years, until they changed their branding. I've seen more of the USA and the rest of the world than I have of Canada, my home country. I'm addicted to coffee.

First Name: Icelle

Where you live: So. Cal.

Favorite Color: Pink, Black.

Favorite Food: i'll eat anything that doesnt move off my plate.

Hobbies/ interests: seeing live bands, going to the beach, disneyland, U2, Heroes.

Your Profession : reservation sales agent for the Disneyland Resort Hotels.

Your Favorite TV show: Heroes, NCIS, House

Your Favorite Book: Holy Bible.

Your favorite type of music: U2. nuff said. ok. all kinds except really band country music and gangsta rap.

Your favorite movie: Interview With The Vampire.

Conservative or Liberal : I dont care anymore.

Something you are looking forward to: seeing U2 at the Rose Bowl and in Las Vegas (i hope).

Something you want to do before you die: meet U2.

A famous person you have met: Lead singer of Goo Goo Dolls (sorry I cant remember his name) smiled at me when I yelled I LOVE YOU!! to him when he was walking by. John Voight hugged me. John Stamos nearly crippled my hand with his deadly handshake. Geena Davis stood in front of me with a huge smile on her face because I was oblivious to her presence until I looked up...I was taken aback and she laughed. She really is tall and beautiful. all this in one night.

3 interesting things about you: I was born three months early even tho docs said i was brain dead, I sometimes have dreams that come true three days later or less, and I can smell your brain.

I sometimes have dreams that come true three days later or less

me too! I have dejavu 3 time more than the average person. I really dont totally believe in paranormal abilities (even though I am a professional mind reader and psychological entertainer) but there have been moments where some random and scary things I saw in a dream came true the next day. :huh:

yeah...scary stuff. i sometimes wonder how can anyone explain to me how this is not a paranormal thing when it happens to me more than usual.

yeah...scary stuff. i sometimes wonder how can anyone explain to me how this is not a paranormal thing when it happens to me more than usual.

there are a ton of explanations. I do a lot of research in this stuff :D!

I think the most common reason is because we focus on the few hugely coincidental events in our life and ignore all the times those coincidences dont happen.

For instance, you probably have had the experience of thinking of someone and then the next second they inexplicably call your phone. This is amazing when it happens, however there are things we forget:

How many times do you think of a person, and they dont call at that moment? all the time.

So statistically, once in a while something that seems coincidental will happen, but in reality it is just because we are focusing on the times these things happen and ignoring all the times they dont...

Not saying that this is true in your situation, or mine, but this is just something that a lot of people who think they are paranormal have done.

Have you ever seen or heard of Derren Brown? He does a lot of the mental type performances that I do and study. It is a truly fascinating subject. If you havent heard of him, I can send you a video link (or look him up on youtube) he talks a lot about this kind of stuff.

:wave:

I nearly got a picture of mine on a wine bottle, but that was, uh, about two years ago. They thought a cartoon version of a drunk St. Benedict was out of line?

First Name: Amy

Where you live: Utah

Favorite Color: blue and green

Favorite Food: chocolate

Hobbies/ interests: hiking/camping, animals, art, photography, music

Your Profession : Pet Groomer

Your Favorite TV show: Arrested Development

Your Favorite Book: I read too many books, I don't have a favorite

Your favorite type of music: Rock/alternative

Your favorite movie: Same with books, I don't have a favorite

Conservative or Liberal : In the middle, not really into politics

Something you are looking forward to: Hopefully getting Las Vegas U2 tickets in a few minutes!

Something you want to do before you die: Have a family, travel more...I'd love to go to Europe, get some photography published

A famous person you have met: I sort of met the members of U2 at Sundance...well I shook their hands at least. :D

3 interesting things about you: I have three siberian huskies, I love hiking to the top of mountains, and I collect traffic cones

First Name: Katherine :nerd:

Where you live: Calgaria

Favorite Color: blue

Favorite Food: All food

Hobbies/ interests: Career, dance, critters, food, travel..

Your Profession: Healer

Your Favorite TV show: The Hour with George Strombosomethingorother

Your Favorite Book: The Poisonwood Bible

Your favorite type of music: All

Your favorite movie: U23D

Conservative or Liberal : I can be either or neither.

Something you are looking forward to: Birthday, travel, tour, summer..

Something you want to do before you die: Dance-off.

A famous person you have met: Liam Gallagher

3 interesting things about you: Only 3? Pfff..

He´s friendly, can explain an make his point very well, knows a lot about African history and is opened to discussion, if he is in the mood for it. I met him in Vienna, where he explained the meaning of InI to me at a Caribbean Cultures Conference. 3 years later I met him in Kingston.. he barely remembered, but took me to the hotel in his car after a dub poetry performance of young speakers he hosted. You can feel he´s a strong person, his strong presence.

the side story, he wasn´t allowing any pictures in the car, and I thought he maybe don´t want I take any picture at all.. oy.. maybe it was foolish to ask.. me the white tourist and all that ;) but when I had got out of the car at the hotel, and said goodbye, he said "Didn´t you want to take a picture?" I say yes, he says "do it now". So I did.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, he was with a zillion record companies and I wouldn´t even think of asking him to sign with me (sigh)

Cool. :up:

First Name: Randy

Where you live:
Stamford, CT

Favorite Color: Red

Favorite Food: Chicken parm pizza

Hobbies/ interests
: telemark skiing (alpining is for wimps), hiking, kayaking and anything else with cool expensive gear found at REI and EMS.

Your Profession
: 13 months away from being a physician

Your Favorite TV show: 24, The Office

Your Favorite Book: Honestly haven't read many nonmedical books in a while

Your favorite type of music:
U2, mainly rock, will go off into other genres when the mood strikes me

Your favorite movie: changes pretty often but Saving Private Ryan is up there

Conservative or Liberal : Moderate

Something you are looking forward to:
Trip to Yosemite, graduating med school

Something you want to do before you die
: Backpack through the Alaskan wilderness.

A famous person you have met
: Pope Benedict

3 interesting things about you
: I've hiked 11 of the 48 4000 foot mountains in NH. I'm fascinated by cancer. I was unable to drink a gallon of milk in 60 minutes back in college. [/QUOTE]

First Name: Elena

Where you live: SW Ohio

Favorite Color: Navy Blue, Green

Favorite Food: My mom's beef noodle soup, chicken enchilada's, chicken parm, oysters on the half shelf :drool:

Hobbies/ interests: Hiking, camping, ice climbing, watching/playing hockey, birds of prey, hanging with family/friends, traveling, reading, art, music & movies.

Your Profession: IT/Application developer

Your Favorite TV show: CSI: Las Vegas, Anthony Bourdais: No Reservations, Family Guy, Robot Chicken

Your Favorite Book: House of Leaves, Where the Red Fern Grows, Pillars of the Earth

Your favorite type of music: Like all kinds except country & rap.

Your favorite movie: All time fav - Road Warrior.

Conservative or Liberal: Liberal

Something you are looking forward to: getting debt-free, the upcoming tour, spending time with my little boy

Something you want to do before you die: travel the world, climb all pitches of a frozen Bridal Veil Falls in Telluride, CO, summit Mt. Kilimanjaro.

A famous person you have met: Many a NHL player.

3 interesting things about you:
Hmmm. 1.) I used to work at the Columbus Zoo in the shows department. 2.) I have an unadulterated hate for clowns. 3.) I've beat up the Pittsburgh Penguins mascot, Iceberg.

Okay, I'll play.

First Name: Martha

Where you live: Southwest

Favorite Color: Wine

Favorite Food: Thai

Hobbies/ interests: Music, Pilates, Alternative Health

Your Profession : Non-profit arts org

Your Favorite TV show: LOST right now

Your Favorite Book: too many

Your favorite type of music: alternative, indie, a little of almost everything

Your favorite movie: too many

Conservative or Liberal : left of Liberal

Something you are looking forward to: U2 tour

Something you want to do before you die: learn to swim :reject:

A famous person you have met: tons of writers but today I'll pick Salman Rushdie

3 interesting things about you: 1. I love being alone and almost never feel lonely. 2. Despite my urban sensibility, I actually grew up on a farm and was driving a tractor when I was six. 3. I like to do weird things like squats and pliés on tip toes, and one-legged push-ups. :reject:

Your Favorite TV show: The Hour with George Strombosomethingorother

Your Favorite Book: The Poisonwood Bible

Being an honourary Canadian I am familiar with that show.

And that book is on my bookshelf and needs to be added to the summer reading list.

Something you want to do before you die: learn to swim :reject:

We can learn together. :hi5:

Ok, my turn? M'kay:

First Name: April

Where you live: Stoopid Michigan

Favorite Color: Purple

Favorite Food: All of it :drool:

Hobbies/ interests: Sleeping, running/working out, baking cuppycakes, reading, music, volunteering

Your Profession: Student/office slave

Your Favorite TV show: Seinfeld reruns

Your Favorite Book: Right now? Anything that isn't a law book. Sadly, I haven't read for fun in about a year and a half.

Your favorite type of music: rock, alternative, indie, a little of almost everything

Your favorite movie: Gone with the Wind

Conservative or Liberal: Liberal-ish

Something you are looking forward to: U2 tour, Spring 2010 (graduation!!!!)

Something you want to do before you die: learn to swim, run a half-marathon

A famous person you have met: Ryan Adams

3 interesting things about you: Only 3? :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom