The Interference Recipe thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chocolate mousse cake? Those look nice and are very chocolatey.

I'm one of these weirdos who doesn't actually like chocolate, so I'm probably a poor barometer, but if I'm going to have a rich chocolate cake then I like to have the heaviness cut by fruit flavors. Orange liqueur, sour cherries, raspberry preserves, things like that. Which can look nice too. Maybe that's considered kinda old-fashioned nowadays though, I don't know.

I cant believe Im giving this away, DMPs bloody mary mix. Absolut Peppar vodka ( Its spelled that way I didnt make a mistake) splash of steak sauce, splash of worsteshire, squeese of lime juice, fill with MRS T'S bloody mary mix. Add Tapatio hot sauce,thyme, lemon pepper, garnish with lime, 2 olives and top off with celery salt. Just ask BAW, Ive been known all thru our town for my bloody marys.

:banghead:

Please, I need inspiration for cakes to make. I am totally stuck.

A family member is having me me make a cake for their friend's birthday and they want "something kind of fancy". All I know about the preferences of the friend is that they like chocolate. I could make a great chocolate or devil's food cake with, say, a chocolate buttercream icing but that's kind of boring isn't it? Plus I don't want to fill or frost it with any foods with common allergies, like nuts, coconut, etc.
Chocolate with chocolate ganache?

People love these cupcakes , I wonder if it would be good as a layer cake? :hmm:

neutral, check here:

Chocolate | smitten kitchen

We've made a few of her recipes now, and they're amazing.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I ended up just making my favorite devil's food cake recipe. I made 6 layers and filled them with alternating vanilla and raspberry pastry creme, then topped it all with a ganache. Hopefully they will like it okay. No pics, my camera wasn't charged and I didn't have the power adapter. :angry:

It was an experience making it. :lol: The power went out right as I started making the cream so I ended up packing up the layers and the filling/ganache ingredients and going over to my mom's house to finish it. I had to whip everything with her hand mixer that is almost 50 years old and sounds like a jet engine. Good times.

I cant believe Im giving this away, DMPs bloody mary mix. Absolut Peppar vodka ( Its spelled that way I didnt make a mistake) splash of steak sauce, splash of worsteshire, squeese of lime juice, fill with MRS T'S bloody mary mix. Add Tapatio hot sauce,thyme, lemon pepper, garnish with lime, 2 olives and top off with celery salt. Just ask BAW, Ive been known all thru our town for my bloody marys.

Sounds yummy. My family swears by only Mrs T's Bloody Mary mix, it beats out any other mix on the market. I like a celery stalk in mine to use as a stirrer and it tastes so good after marinading in the drink!

Now do you have a Ramos Fizz drink recipe or any secrets for that concoction?

I wish I could help. I've never had a good veggie burger that wasn't too dry and most seem so tasteless to me. That's why staying clear of red meat I'll go with a fish sandwich or chicken breast "burger".

Back
Top Bottom