The Interference Recipe thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was for his scout's meeting, celebrating St Patty's day :)
It's supposed to be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.:lol::reject:

Noticed the pink color on the rainbow...it was supposed to be red color, but I ran out :grumpy:

It was for his scout's meeting, celebrating St Patty's day :)
It's supposed to be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.:lol::reject:

Noticed the pink color on the rainbow...it was supposed to be red color, but I ran out :grumpy:

I could tell what it is! It's awesome that you made it with him. :)

I made this really elabourate one for Sarah and her class once, a Hallowe'en display, with one huge "pumpkin" in the middle, a bunch of smaller cupcake sized pumpkins around it, and they were all sitting on "fall leaves." I think it literally took me an entire day to make, but she still remembers it. If I ever come across pictures, I'll scan them.

Those are the times that I will remember forever, I wish I had some like these with my parents.:huh:

anywho...I got more pics on my blog :shifty:

One of my responsibilities at work is to make the pastries for a concierge lounge that just opened up at a new wing at the resort I work for. The rooms are more but there's free food and drinks of any kind throughout the day. I have to make 10 items each day and make about 15-20 of each of those items. The challenge is since there's people who stay multiple days, it has to be somewhat different each day so I have to come up with 10 items each day. :crack: There's nights when I go to sleep thinking about all of the different things I need to make for the next day. :crazy:

Here's what St Patty's day looked like:

IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

:flirt: does this work........

pastry2.jpg

1. Chocolate cup filled with choc chip mint mousse and a shamrock cookie
2. Choc chip/heath bar/m&m cookie
3. Mini apple dipped in white choc
4. Choc covered strawberry
5. French Macaron filled with apricot jam....this little cookie is my absolute obsession! :love: Everyone at work thinks I'm wacko because I make all sorts of weird flavors and colors. Pierre Herme is my idol :drool: :shifty:
6. Truffle....I can't remember what kind this is :reject: I just liked it because it has little gold rocks on top.
7. Fruit tart with pastry cream in a spoon shaped tart shell :cute: People go crazy over the spoon!
8. Chocolate flourless pyramid dipped in dark choc and our signature logo on the front
9. Shamrock cookie (orange flavored) dipped in choc with gold dust
10. Lemon Meringue tart

That is AWESOME. I wanna just shadow you for a day, that would be my dream!

Just wondering, you know how most of the US has white chicken eggs, and most of the UK has pink/brown eggs, well has anyone had both? If so do they taste the same?

Just wondering, you know how most of the US has white chicken eggs, and most of the UK has pink/brown eggs, well has anyone had both? If so do they taste the same?

They taste the same. The colour of the shell depends on the food the chicken gets. Here we've both colours.

We have a recipe thread?! Why am I just learning this, I've been trying to add to my recipe repertoire lately, where better to gain insight than from my favorite Blue Crackers? :hug:

I'll be coming through the prior 16 pages soon, and I think I've got a couple you'll like I'll try to post!

and thanks for the kind words everyone. It's just all in a days work for me so sometimes I look at the pics and just think :shrug: it doesn't look so great and I could have done so much more to make things stand out if I had the time. But generally I have a 2 hour time limit to get everything done each day so I can move on to other things :crack:

Anyone got a simple but effective cake recipe I can make in either 7" Sandwich tins, Loaf tins or fairy cake tins?

I wanted to bake for Mothers day. :lol:

OR Simple but effective biscuits? I dont often make biscuits... :hmm:

Contrary to popular belief, brown eggs are not a healthier alternative to white eggs. There is no nutritional difference between brown and white eggs.

The color difference is due to the specific breed of hen, according to the Egg Nutrition Center. Hens with white feathers and white earlobes lay white eggs, whereas hens with red feathers and matching-colored earlobes lay brown eggs.

Back
Top Bottom