The Interference Recipe thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
to avoid dry cakes....always soak them in simple syrup. Equal parts of water and sugar, boil until the sugar is dissolved. You can use a squeeze bottle or a pastry brush to soak each layer of the cake. You can also flavor your simple syrup with anything from vanilla to almond to liquor to give your product a different flavor.

Ok, re: the last cakes I made.

They turned out ok, but I want to add some cocoa to make chocolate cake.

I tried making some fairy cakes by adding some random amount of cocoa, they tasted ok, but wernt very soft.

So, what would I need to add to make the cake a bit softer? More margerine, egg or liquid? The quantities are

6oz Flour
6oz Margerine
6oz sugar
3 Eggs
Random amount of cocoa until it tastes chocolatey. :lol:

This might be too late (guessing you were wanting it for Valentine's Day) but i have one now. I have a coworker that makes a really wonderful and moist red velvet cake. I was lucky enough to get the recipe from him this week (been wanting to get it for awhile :wink: ) and I can send it to you if you like. I was a little shocked to see it has 3 cups of oil for the fat, though. :eek: This will definitely be a very special occasion recipe. :crack:
Oh yes, please send it to me. I get tired of going to the bakery to buy those slices. At 2.50 per slice, I could buy the ingredients and make my own friggen cake.

Thank you in advance:applaud:.

P.S. I did want the red velvet cake for V-day, but I made a 7up cake instead. Hubby damn near ate the whole thing, so I guess he liked it :flirt:.

Oh yes, please send it to me. I get tired of going to the bakery to buy those slices. At 2.50 per slice, I could buy the ingredients and make my own friggen cake.

Thank you in advance:applaud:.

Cool, I will send it tomorrow when I get back to work. It's still in my desk.

Made a couple of desserts today for a relative who wanted to take them to a big dinner.

chocolate raspberry cheesecake. Luckily it tastes better than it looks, it was a bit sloppy. :grumpy: Also made a couple of tiramisu layer cakes, I didn't get a pic but they look kinda like these.

cheese.jpg

After my daughter made me that awesome birthday cake I posted earlier in this thread, I had to return the favour for her birthday. Here's a crappy cell phone pic:

Sarahsbirthdaycake09.jpg

She requested something with "chocolate and cherries" so I modified a recipe I found for black forest cake. The cake itself is from the recipe. It's a dense but moist 4 layers of chocolate cake. Between the each layer I put a fairly thin coating of chocolate ganache and a layer of cherries. The sides are frosted with a stiff whipped cream, and then a thickened ganache is poured over the top and drizzled down the sides - similarly to the way she did mine, but it was so good that it was worth repeating. :drool: Then I piled cherries on top, and then a dollop of whipped cream, and then on top of that, I stacked several chocolate truffles dusted with cocoa that I made from a bit of leftover ganache. The only place I skimped on the recipe was the cherry filling - I used canned cherry pie filling, rather than make my own. Other than that, it was all from scratch. It turned out very well.

^ omg :drool:

and I love can cherry filling for some reason :drool:

So does she! :lol: The original recipe calls for a filling made with pitted sour cherries, sugar and cornstarch. I could have done it, but I had a ton of cooking to do today, and I was trying to save time. I think it might have been better, it might have offset the sweetness of the chocolate a bit more. But it was still good. At least no one complained, lol.

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: x infinity

I was hoping you'd see this! :wink:

My husband bakes amazing homemade pies. He makes the crust and everything :drool: But for cherry I ask him to use the canned filling because I like it better that way :reject:

Btw, also on the menu was:

-Chicken Wellington: sliced chicken breast, spinach, prosciutto and swiss cheese baked in a puff pastry
-Pork Schnitzel with a sour cream dill sauce
-Smashed Potatoes: baby potatoes, cooked with skins on and then literally smashed down and drizzled with olive oil, and then seasoned with whatever herbs you want (we used dill, chives, and plain with just salt and pepper) and then baked at a high heat till the skins get nice and crispy
-Roasted Asparagus and butternut squash
-Herb Dinner Rolls made from scratch

: domestic: :cute:

I enjoy cooking, but I do it so seldom these days. Now that my daughter's away at school and I'm on my own, I generally have a sandwich or whatever easy crap I can find in my freezer to microwave. :lol:

Btw, also on the menu was:

-Chicken Wellington: sliced chicken breast, spinach, prosciutto and swiss cheese baked in a puff pastry
-Pork Schnitzel with a sour cream dill sauce
-Smashed Potatoes: baby potatoes, cooked with skins on and then literally smashed down and drizzled with olive oil, and then seasoned with whatever herbs you want (we used dill, chives, and plain with just salt and pepper) and then baked at a high heat till the skins get nice and crispy
-Roasted Asparagus and butternut squash
-Herb Dinner Rolls made from scratch

: domestic: :cute:

can I live with you? please?

Screw the recipes, I'm coming over for the Lost season finale and/or Toronto U2 gig.

:drool:

:sexywink:

The two biggest events of the year! You bring the cannolis and the wine! :hyper:

can I live with you? please?

Sure! But:

I generally have a sandwich or whatever easy crap I can find in my freezer to microwave. :lol:

I'm all adult-like and throw adult-like dinner parties 3 or 4 times a year. Other than that, it's pretty much like a frat house around here. I'm terribly sophisticated. :wink:

:uhoh: i need some advice with something. whenever i make a cake, the cake itself comes out rather dense. i've tried two different recipes and followed them exactly. the cakes themselves are good, but yeah. :help:

The two biggest events of the year! You bring the cannolis and the wine! :hyper:

Sure! But:

I'm all adult-like and throw adult-like dinner parties 3 or 4 times a year. Other than that, it's pretty much like a frat house around here. I'm terribly sophisticated. :wink:

Oh, we're gourmet all the way here: meat and 3 veg nights, fancy sausages and oven chips (with your choice of gravy or tomato sauce!), all kinds of rice and chicken combinations, sometimes it's a baked dinner for the kids - baked beans on toast. :D

:uhoh: i need some advice with something. whenever i make a cake, the cake itself comes out rather dense. i've tried two different recipes and followed them exactly. the cakes themselves are good, but yeah. :help:

Make sure that you are putting eggs whites only and not the entire eggs?:reject:
*guilty*

Back
Top Bottom