The Interference Recipe thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ Would any of your local libraries have a copy of Alice Medrich's Pure Dessert? It has a recipe for 'Coconut Palm Cream Cake' featuring a filling of heavy cream whipped with sugar and shredded coconut. I haven't tried this particular recipe (though every other recipe of hers I've tried worked out well) but it sounds really coconutty and interesting. It's a 2-layer cake with toasted shredded coconut and either palm or coconut sugar in the batter. The layers are brushed with a simple rum syrup and the coconut-cream filling spread between them, then you can either just sift powdered sugar over the top or else caramelize some more coconut or palm sugar over it, if you have a propane torch. If you're interested but can't find the recipe, I could type it up for you (in American measurements, sorry...). It sounds pretty straightforward; the only tricky part might be finding the palm or coconut sugar (I've never seen coconut sugar here, although palm sugar, which goes wonderfully with coconut, is usually easy to find at Asian markets).

Sounds nice, but it seems to have things that Id either not be able to get or cant do. :uhoh: Im afraid thats a bit much for me. :lol: Thanks for mentioning it though. :up:

i made some delicious cheese fondue for dinner tonight :drool: i found a recipe online that was pretty much identical to my favourite cheese fondue at melting pot, quite possibly the best restaurant ever.

i made some delicious cheese fondue for dinner tonight :drool: i found a recipe online that was pretty much identical to my favourite cheese fondue at melting pot, quite possibly the best restaurant ever.

i'm drooling again.

I :heart: cheese fondue! What did you use for dipping? Bread? Meat?

you know what goes great in it? apple.

:drool:

you did, and then i tried it and it was seven shades of omg nice.
acclaim.gif

here's my latest creations for the little lounge I have to provide for each day....

Fruit tart, guava macaron filled with strawberry marmalade, chocolate mint tart, sable cookie with cassis (blackcurrant) filling, and a strawberry....
IMG_2472.jpg

Cannoli with chocolate mousse, macadamia nuts, and choc chips. Chocolate flourless cake, and a tart with rasp jam and almonds on the inside topped with ganache....and of course edible glitter, which doesn't show up well in pics. We use a ton of glitter and gold dust on our desserts. People seem to really get a kick out of eating something sparkly......
IMG_2478.jpg

also on here is a mango meringue tart and sugar cookies with sprinkles for the kiddies....all I see when I look at this picture is the ugly spot on the bottom of the pan. It's the only shot I took like this and I wish I would have noticed it before right now :angry:
IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

and just cause I found this pic.....I made my sister and her boyfriend (my roomies) a heart shaped pizza for valentines day :cute:
IMG_2450.jpg

I made orange souffles for my parents when I was home a few months ago. We make these at my work in all sorts of flavors but orange is my favorite...
IMG_2431.jpg

I have to make this when my girlfriend is outta the house cause she hates Fish, and I mean hate, if hate were people, she would be China. Lemon pepper Catfish, wrapped in foil with some lemon juice and a bit of white wine served over Broccoli rice.

yesterday i put a dab of olive oil in a pan, threw in alot of chopped bella mushrooms, and sauteed them. put in some chicken tenders, let it sautee again until well done. omg. i was in heaven. thats all it takes to make me happy. oh, and a side california mix veggies too:)

I like today's selection a little better so I'll post pics....the other day I took a basic white chocolate mousse and made black forest, mocha, cassis, orange, mint, bailey's irish cream and a few other flavors out of it so most of my little tarts are made up of some sort of mousse.

Black forest mousse tart, fruit tart with orange zest on top, strawberry, and a mocha tart with ganache. I sprinkled gold dust on the ganache but it doesn't show up in the pictures :(
IMG_2513.jpg

There's also a flourless cake in the back, cassis mousse tart, and a prickly pear macaron with apricot filling. Since we're in the desert, we do a lot of stuff with prickly pear flavor :barf:
IMG_2517.jpg

Finally lemon meringue tarts in the little boat shaped tart shell, peanut butter m&m cookies, and again since we're in the desert...a cactus shaped sugar cookie. It's actually an orange flavored dough so it's kind of funny to see people's reaction to eating something green but tasting orange.
IMG_2507.jpg

This is one of our many random dinner desserts for large parties....nothing fancy but it's what was on for tonight: chocolate mousse dipped in ganache...
IMG_2519.jpg

:hmm: sometimes. But there's times when all I can think about doing is making something for me that I know I'll love and no one else could create.
Me too. Especially where I live, there are very few good vegetarian places to go. I'd rather make things myself.

Didn't you say you do all that stuff in 2 hours? I think it would take me all day and I still might not be finished.

I like today's selection a little better so I'll post pics....the other day I took a basic white chocolate mousse and made black forest, mocha, cassis, orange, mint, bailey's irish cream and a few other flavors out of it so most of my little tarts are made up of some sort of mousse.

Black forest mousse tart, fruit tart with orange zest on top, strawberry, and a mocha tart with ganache. I sprinkled gold dust on the ganache but it doesn't show up in the pictures :(
IMG_2513.jpg

There's also a flourless cake in the back, cassis mousse tart, and a prickly pear macaron with apricot filling. Since we're in the desert, we do a lot of stuff with prickly pear flavor :barf:
IMG_2517.jpg

Finally lemon meringue tarts in the little boat shaped tart shell, peanut butter m&m cookies, and again since we're in the desert...a cactus shaped sugar cookie. It's actually an orange flavored dough so it's kind of funny to see people's reaction to eating something green but tasting orange.
IMG_2507.jpg

This is one of our many random dinner desserts for large parties....nothing fancy but it's what was on for tonight: chocolate mousse dipped in ganache...
IMG_2519.jpg

Beautiful!

Me too. Especially where I live, there are very few good vegetarian places to go. I'd rather make things myself.

Didn't you say you do all that stuff in 2 hours? I think it would take me all day and I still might not be finished.

yeah that's my thing too. Being a vegetarian can be so tough sometimes. I did find a veggie restaurant last week that I absolutely love. I think they have the best hummus I've ever had! :love: I will be going back there soon :yes:

and yes I do everything in 2 hours but......when we make tarts, we make them in bulk. Our tart shells come in plastic trays of 54 so when I do something I make a minimun of 54 but most of the time I do 4 trays at a time which is over 200. So, they're in the freezer. We have countless parties throughout the week that ask for mini pastries plus a weekly Sunday brunch so we have a "mini" cart in our freezer where we store this stuff. Everyone makes minis but I try to just use the stuff I've made unless I'm really desperate for something different. We also always have tons of different shapes of mini flourless cakes on hand. I just have to decorate them up somehow each day.

I bake the cookies, dip the strawberries, and make the fruit tarts daily. If I give them some sort of apple on a stick that's also done daily. Most of the little tarts have their meringue or ganache garnish on them so I just glitterize them. But there is some stuff that doesn't have any type of garnish so I have to come up with something. I make French macarons in bulk weekly for anyone to use for any type of party so those are always on hand for me to give them. I have to come up with 10 different items each day and sometimes even with giving them 2-3 different cookies (which I'd prefer not to do) I'm still short on things so that's when I have to whip something up quick. We always have chocolate and white chocolate mousse on hand as well as pastry cream and tons of different types of tart shells. So it's just a question on what I can think of doing. But I'd say 50-75% of this stuff is done in advance and I just need to pull it from the freezer. The rest I have to come up with daily within 2 hours or less :crack: A lot of times too I have to stop what I'm doing to help with something else.....

:banghead:

Please, I need inspiration for cakes to make. I am totally stuck.

A family member is having me me make a cake for their friend's birthday and they want "something kind of fancy". All I know about the preferences of the friend is that they like chocolate. I could make a great chocolate or devil's food cake with, say, a chocolate buttercream icing but that's kind of boring isn't it? Plus I don't want to fill or frost it with any foods with common allergies, like nuts, coconut, etc.
Chocolate with chocolate ganache?

People love these cupcakes , I wonder if it would be good as a layer cake? :hmm:

You *could* do a cupcake-cake.... Ive never attempted such a thing, but its basically icing over cupcakes to make a big one.

Or is that what you meant by layer cakeing it?

Either way. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom