The Frightfully Spooktacular Halloween Thread 2012!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend took another one that was better:

577025_10152148021690538_1847081713_n.jpg

Perfect!

Mrs. Dalton and the Dalton children will be bumblebees. Dalton will be ...

wait for it ...

a beekeeper.

Yeah, that's where my life is.

When I read this the first time, I assumed it was a dirty joke that went over my head, but...you're serious... aren't you?

I've been in scary movie mode for a month now.

I've watched

Frankenstein
Bride of Frankenstein
Dracula
The Mummy
Phantom of the Opera
The Wolf Man
Night of the Living Dead
Beetlejuice
Paranorman
Frankenweenie
Sleepy Hollow
Cabin in the Woods

Did you happen to buy the Universal Monsters Blu-ray boxset? If so, was it worth it?

Know what Halloween movie I finally watched last year and enjoyed? Trick 'r Treat. A fun little Halloween compilation of violencia. It was on Netflix streaming last year, doesn't look like it is any more though.

Did you happen to buy the Universal Monsters Blu-ray boxset? If so, was it worth it?

Know what Halloween movie I finally watched last year and enjoyed? Trick 'r Treat. A fun little Halloween compilation of violencia. It was on Netflix streaming last year, doesn't look like it is any more though.

I bought the DVD collection, but it's got all the same movies. I didn't know there was a Blu-ray set until afterward. Not sure what extras are on the BD, but it's more or less just the movies on the DVDs. Good enough for me though; that's all I really cared about... I'm tempted to buy the Blu-ray set just to have it, it's just kinda expensive. But at only $17 for each of the two 4-disc DVD sets, you can't go wrong with those.

Oh ya, I watched Trick 'r Treat this year too.... so long ago that I forgot... Might've been at the end of August :reject: I love it though. Fun little movie. And the short it was based on is creepy as shit.

After today, I can also add Tales from the Darkside and Monster Squad to the list

I'm tempted to get the Bluray set, though not really sure if it's worth the added "Bluray" price. Love those movies though.

I want to watch House of the Devil again before Halloween, looks like both of Ti West movies are on Netflix now. Speaking of which, I'm tempted to watch that V/H/S movie too, though I've heard it's somewhat messed up.

Watched Apollo 18 today, it was terrible.

Last night, I was watching a movie with friends and remembered what I had said I would be for Halloween this year :doh:
embedded_4f5ac8a1db82d9.36562262.jpg

I got invited to a Halloween party, so now I have a chance to get a costume. Yay. :)

I also watched Night of the Living Dead last night and *loved* it.

Last night, I was watching a movie with friends and remembered what I had said I would be for Halloween this year :doh:

I've been wanting to buy the Blu-ray of this movie, it's a lot of fun. Need to try to find it somewhere, I heard Walmart sells it for like $7 if they have it in stock.

I got invited to a Halloween party, so now I have a chance to get a costume. Yay. :)

th

That would be an awesome costume, but the mask would be hard to do. Your eyes would be so far away from the edge of the mask, it would be difficult to see out of

The theater company that I volunteer with is putting on a mini Horror Festival. One of the performances is a band playing a live soundtrack to the Night Of The Living Dead. :up::up::up:

Twin Cities Horror Festival - Twin Cities Horror Festival

This is why I get to wear multiple costumes this year. :yippie:

That would be an awesome costume, but the mask would be hard to do. Your eyes would be so far away from the edge of the mask, it would be difficult to see out of

I found a few designs online (the rubber mask for sale is HORRIBLE, but there's a rubber mask out there of what Sam looks like without the burlap sack that's pretty awesome.) with a sum total of about $120 worth of work. Maybe I'll collect the pieces between now and next year :lol:

Also, the theater here is going to be showing Halloween next week. I'm fucking psyched. The first time I saw that movie was in an R/V with a bunch of my friends in high school on a like 8 inch tv and it scared the shit out of me. I can only imagine seeing it in theaters, surrounded by the music and effects :drool:

I found a few designs online (the rubber mask for sale is HORRIBLE, but there's a rubber mask out there of what Sam looks like without the burlap sack that's pretty awesome.) with a sum total of about $120 worth of work. Maybe I'll collect the pieces between now and next year :lol:

do it!

I spent all night cutting, fitting, pinning, and test stuffing fabric tonight in an attempt to make a hunch back for my Frankenstein costume. With the driving around for supplies, etc, I easily spent 6 or 7 hours on it. Only to not have it work properly, instantly followed by me pretty much solving the problem with a rolled up towel around my neck. I feel like such a loser. Nicked by Occam's razor :(

Love this thread - glad to see it alive & well for 2012. :up: There'll be no Halloween doings for us this year; our Party Hosting budget has been scrapped in favor of a New Tires on the 4Runner budget & we're both working the 31st, so no handing out candy. I'm not even dressing up the yard this year. :reject:

:hmm: Is there such a thing as a Halloween Grinch? :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom