The Frightfully Spooktacular Halloween Thread 2012!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jive Turkey

ONE love, blood, life
It's October, so I don't have to be ashamed of being excited for Halloween anymore! What's everyone going as? I'm going as Frankenstein

image.php

But I think I'm going to do different clothing and make it more traditional, black jacket and pants Frankenstein

Spooooooooookkkkyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Possibly as a replacement ref. I'll get a Home Depot or Wal-Mart apron so everyone can know what I've been up to.

That costume's going to be great, Jive.

I am so excited for Halloween (and all of the end of year festivities) this year, as it's the first I've had a yard. Decorations :panic:

You're lucky, bono2121212. I moved from a house into an apartment this past year; No more roommates: yayyyyy! Decorate the way I want: yayyyyyy! Not big enough for a proper Halloween party: NOOOOOOOO!!! No yard to decorate: NOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm still going to decorate the house though. I want to feel Halloweeny. plus I have a boat load of spooky decorations just sitting there waiting to spook the joint up

I believe a friend and I are doing a Breaking Bad themed Halloween. Not sure what I will be exactly yet. I'm pretty sure I recall GAF being Jesse Pinkman for Halloween at one point. Could be something in that vein.

I could be Saul.

Shit.

I could be Saul.

I can put candy in the sleazy lawyer briefcase.

We are again going to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. My son and my brother are using last year's costumes: they were The Dude and Walter from the movie "The Big Lebowski", and they were a hit. I think I'm gonna be Flo, the Progressive insurance girl, if I can get stuff together in time.

You're lucky, bono2121212. I moved from a house into an apartment this past year; No more roommates: yayyyyy! Decorate the way I want: yayyyyyy! Not big enough for a proper Halloween party: NOOOOOOOO!!! No yard to decorate: NOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm still going to decorate the house though. I want to feel Halloweeny. plus I have a boat load of spooky decorations just sitting there waiting to spook the joint up

What I'm really looking forward to is absolutely RAIDING the party stores the day after Halloween.

It's October, so I don't have to be ashamed of being excited for Halloween anymore! What's everyone going as? I'm going as Frankenstein

image.php

But I think I'm going to do different clothing and make it more traditional, black jacket and pants Frankenstein

Spooooooooookkkkyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Good idea, you won't have to wear makeup at all! :happy:

What I'm really looking forward to is absolutely RAIDING the party stores the day after Halloween.

We actually did that last year the day BEFORE Halloween, and you could actually still get some great stuff at half price since they're starting to worry about it sticking around. (Not costumes though, those were still full price.) I know afterwards the prices would be slashed (heh) even more, but we wanted to do up the yard last minute and it was awesome.

And never underestimate the power of a giant package of cheap fake spiderweb stuff. It looked like a giant cotton ball in the bag but that stuff keeps stretching until you can't tell it from the real thing. I think a lot of the time people use it too thickly and it doesn't look real. Stretched VERY thinly all over the yard it looked like Shelob's lair. :drool:

My daughter is going as Jessie from Toy Story.

I may try to find a large adult size horse costume and go as Bullseye.

bonocomet said:
We actually did that last year the day BEFORE Halloween, and you could actually still get some great stuff at half price since they're starting to worry about it sticking around. (Not costumes though, those were still full price.) I know afterwards the prices would be slashed (heh) even more, but we wanted to do up the yard last minute and it was awesome.

And never underestimate the power of a giant package of cheap fake spiderweb stuff. It looked like a giant cotton ball in the bag but that stuff keeps stretching until you can't tell it from the real thing. I think a lot of the time people use it too thickly and it doesn't look real. Stretched VERY thinly all over the yard it looked like Shelob's lair. :drool:

Fake spider webbing, fake grass at Easter, and tinsel at Christmas. All things that I absolutely wanted as a kid just on the basis of the fact that my mom would never buy them because they made a mess. She must have known that once I reached the age of 14 I'd be over the novelty of any of that stuff. Halloween is still ok, it's the only holiday I like outside of the ones where I make double time and a half at work. But I'm not decorating a thing.

I can attest to that. One Halloween, day of, I bought a shit ton of stuff for my mom's house for about $20.
I think I'm gonna be Jon Snow.

That's a great idea. Great!

Devil horns for me, if a group of friends and I go to the local haunted hayride/forest/corn maze/house. Did it last year and a bunch of the actors seemed to like it :lol: One little girl (who looked a little young to be there...) even mistook me for an actor (miss monster, as she put it) :lmao:

All I need is a gold jacket and I could be Miss MacPhisto... ;)

Me last Halloween...

395880_10101125595429765_1127495332_n.jpg

Can't decide what to be this year :hmm:
Thought about adhering a bunch of tiny springs to my chest and brown leaves on my back and going as Daylight Savings Time :drunk:

I'll probably do the usual SCA cop-out and wear garb for my Halloween costume. Or maybe make a few alterations and go as a pirate.

Hopefully, I'll have enough time to make some pumpkin pasties; my coworkers love them!

:reject: :wave:

Hi, all! I'm slowly back here in the crack.

I'm doing at least 3 costumes this year:

heisenberg-breaking-bad.png

Heisenberg: I have my goatee grown. Jacket and hat acquired. Just need the ugly shirt.

Horrified%20Dr.%20Venture%20and%20Dean_595.jpg

Dr. Venture: Jumpsuit, glasses and and Venture Patch acquired. Will need to shave mustache portion of goatee and find orange beard dye.

1112858-brock_samson_super.jpg

Breaking out the Brock Samson again, just for kicks.
IMG_0455sm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom