The Frightfully Ghoulish Halloween Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jive Turkey

ONE love, blood, life
So what is everyone being for halloween this year?

I've yet to decide, but I've narrowed it down to:
Spooky Demon
Ghastly Zombie
Frightening Scarecrow (from Batman)
Fiendish Lobotomy Patient (with exposed brain)

dhvincentpriceartprint2.jpg

I'm gonna be a 70s disco/gogo chick. I've got a brown afro and everything.

Cool costume, Sicy! I've been told that I'm a Zombie too much, but there are so many variations, I might just do it again this year

Also, Krampus seems like a bit of a dick

For years, I've wanted to be real life Count Chocula, but I think I've waited too late to do it this year. Might take a bit of work

Also, I'd appreciate it if people used halloween language in this thread, so add little ghoulish flourishes to your posts (just like that)

Some years I'm eerily into it and some I'm just not. I have a couple of fright fests to go to this year so it gets me more in the mood to dress up. :wink:

If you're a little bit artistic and dont mind walking around with spirit gum on your face all night, this is the best place to get cool masks

The Scream Team

I'm considering dressing as Elfa this Halloween, but that may be too scary.

Toronto_Leafs-407x319.jpg

If you're a little bit artistic and dont mind walking around with spirit gum on your face all night, this is the best place to get cool masks

Spirit gum/adhesive gives me anxiety. When I glued the scars on my face and neck it made me feel like I couldn't breathe. It was weird.

it always feels a little strange to me at first and I think I wont make it through the night, but I always get used to it. It's the worst when you first put it on because it feels so wrong to cover your face with something so sticky (insert Lance's Mom joke here). Same with the crazy contact lenses

I love Halloween, as well.

There's a certain something that fills the air in the last half of October, a certain atmosphere, if you will, that is really unmatched in any of the other 11 months of the year. Not speculating anything supernatural (oooooooh), I think it might have a lot to do with living in the Midwest my whole life. Towards the end of October in the Midwest, everything changes. It gets colder, darker, leaves are falling obviously, there's even a distinct smell in the air. The whole city becomes this mix of grays and browns and oranges. Hard to explain, but, it's a great time of the year.

And I do get a big kick out of the occasional campy horror flick, too. A lot of the traditional Halloween imagery is just great.

But I have no fucking clue what my costume's gonna be this year. Suggestions are welcome.

And what you're describing there about Midwest fall is the main reason I love it here so much. I've been away from it too long, I am very excited for it to hit full swing.

Yeah, I'm sure something similar to what I described happens in plenty of other places, but I'm just going to pretend that the Midwest has the best fall atmosphere, even if that's not the case.

Mofo and JT were talking in the Random thread about the old Romero zombie movies. I've never seen them. I found the original Night of the Living Dead on Hulu. I'm finna watch it RIGHT NOW.

Yeah, I'm sure something similar to what I described happens in plenty of other places, but I'm just going to pretend that the Midwest has the best fall atmosphere, even if that's not the case.

I just know that it wasn't the same down in Tejas, not at all :(.

Mofo and JT were talking in the Random thread about the old Romero zombie movies. I've never seen them. I found the original Night of the Living Dead on Hulu. I'm finna watch it RIGHT NOW.

I still haven't seen them, but they're on Instant View, and I plan on rectifying that sometime this month. Along with Dracula and Frankenstein.

I'll be Brock Samson baby!

I have my mullet, shirt and shoes--just need the pants and knife.

1112858-brock_samson_super.jpg

I'm psyched because the parties will be Thurs., Fri. and Sat. nights this year, and I don't have to worry about my house getting egged for not passing out treats since it'll be Sunday night.

:macdevil: :cocktail:

I decided to take it easy this year and just have a horror marathon / costume / junk food party with my best friends on Halloween night. I was gonna go all out and be a Tron gladiator, but I decided I didn't feel like spending a lot making that costume, so I'll save it for next year when everyone can accuse me of jumping on the Tron bandwagon following Legacy's release this December. So that said, I'm still looking for a new costume idea, although my two best friends (and perhaps not coincidentally, bandmates) and I may go as the Jonas Brothers for a laugh.

That and since we're in Massachusetts, I'm also going on a day trip with friends to Salem the day before to wander around, go to various happenings and have fun. No offense GAF, but New England owns at Halloween what with its awesome foliage, mountains, history/historical buildings, etc. and I did live in the mid-west during middle/high school.

I just bought my big packs of full-size candy bars to pass out for Halloween from Costco.
Comedian Greg Behrendt has a funny rant on how there is nothing fun about "fun size" candy. (I couldn't find a clip of it online.)
Again, I've got to make sure the neighborhood kids like me.

I love Halloween, as well.

There's a certain something that fills the air in the last half of October, a certain atmosphere, if you will, that is really unmatched in any of the other 11 months of the year. Not speculating anything supernatural (oooooooh), I think it might have a lot to do with living in the Midwest my whole life. Towards the end of October in the Midwest, everything changes. It gets colder, darker, leaves are falling obviously, there's even a distinct smell in the air. The whole city becomes this mix of grays and browns and oranges. Hard to explain, but, it's a great time of the year.

And I do get a big kick out of the occasional campy horror flick, too. A lot of the traditional Halloween imagery is just great.

And?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqjWFEs2mr0

admit it...

Back
Top Bottom