The Frightfully Ghoulish Halloween Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like to go as Macphisto one year, but I never know how to go about it.

I've been The Tramp the past couple of years, but I think I'll try something different this weekend. Maybe Daylight Savings Time :hmm:

I was thinking everyone and their cousin is going to be Lady Gaga this year. :der: The costume possibilities are endless.

I decided on spanish flamenco dancer. Don't even ask me how that popped into my head, but suddenly I felt inspired. It's also something that can be put together in a fun, flirty way without it turning into your typical slutty women's halloween getup :wink:

costume_lu032.jpg

Now to find all the pieces for it............. :scratch:

I was thinking everyone and their cousin is going to be Lady Gaga this year. :der: The costume possibilities are endless.

I decided on spanish flamenco dancer. Don't even ask me how that popped into my head, but suddenly I felt inspired. It's also something that can be put together in a fun, flirty way without it turning into your typical slutty women's halloween getup :wink:

costume_lu032.jpg

Now to find all the pieces for it............. :scratch:

Oooooooo, this reminds me of this awesome song, Pa Bailar by BajoFondo.
(This isn't the actual video, but the actual video doesn't have the vocals.)

YouTube - Julieta Venegas y Bajo fondo - Pa' Bailar

My 8-year-old nephew is going to be Michael Myers. I didn't want to ask how he knows who that is.
He's excited to have his machete though. :yikes:

The machete is more Jason Voorhees' thing, isn't it? Michael Myers just had that big ass kitchen knife or whatever.

The machete is more Jason Voorhees' thing, isn't it? Michael Myers just had that big ass kitchen knife or whatever.

Yeah, I asked him if he had a knife, and he said, "No. A MACHETE!!!"

I didn't want to get into the nuances of fictitious killers with an 8-yr-old. :no:
:D

He's a huge Goosebumps fan, and has a Slappy ventriloquist dummy (and isn't too bad with it). He's very smart and theatrical.
I'm just hoping he goes the acting/theater route versus the serial killer route in his life.

He's a huge Goosebumps fan, and has a Slappy ventriloquist dummy (and isn't too bad with it). He's very smart and theatrical.
I'm just hoping he goes the acting/theater route versus the serial killer route in his life.

Haha.

It's nice to know Goosebumps are still big with the kids. Those books were like THE huge thing for a little while when I was in elementary school. Everybody had 'em.

Clowns and ventriloquist dummies freak me right the fuck out, so, when I watched Dead Silence I was already unnerved by the dummies. And then....this motherfucker showed up

2330_d009_00037-(3).jpg

Dead Silence was on AMC yesterday, and I missed it. Damn. Is it good?

I will admit to watching at least a couple of the Friday the 13th sequels when they were doing the marathon on AMC last week. Part II had a really cute lead girl named Ginny.

It's one of those mediocre horror movies that isn't really godawful or anything, but it's not going to blow your mind either. The only thing it had going for it really was that it had those damn dummies in it, so it was inherently creepy on all levels.

I love the remake of House on Haunted Hill and I keep missing it on AMC.

I have never bothered with sequels to Friday the 13th because the original is straight up one of the worst films I've ever forced myself to sit through.

Yeah, they're bad.

And it's dumb to watch them on AMC, because a potentially satisfying part of the movies is the gruesome (and still goofy) 80's horror "kills." But of course they don't show those on AMC, and just cut away right before the machete or whatever weapon it is hits the person.

They also don't show any of the naked people on AMC.

Fuck AMC, why do I waste my time with that?

Oh, because i'm too cheap to go and buy the movie, that's right..

Have you seen Halloween III, the one that doesn't even have Michael Myers?

I've heard good things about it. It was on AMC yesterday as well, and I missed it.

I've tried tried tried to watch that one, because I'm told it's one of the best at awful horror movies, but I have fallen asleep 15 minutes into it all three times I've tried.

My 8-year-old nephew is going to be Michael Myers. I didn't want to ask how he knows who that is.
He's excited to have his machete though. :yikes:

Makes you feel any better my 9 year old nephew is going to be Pennywise the clown from IT. Like you it concerns me how the hell he knows who that is! Gotta say though your nephew scares me a bit more though with the whole knowing who Michael Myers is! :yikes: :lol:

While on the topic of Michael Halloween 3 was one of the stupidest movies I have ever seen! I love the Halloween franchise and I can't even bring myself to watch that waste of a movie when it's on. Did it once and was bored the whole time.

Makes you feel any better my 9 year old nephew is going to be Pennywise the clown from IT. Like you it concerns me how the hell he knows who that is! Gotta say though your nephew scares me a bit more though with the whole knowing who Michael Myers is! :yikes: :lol:

That's messed up. Pennywise peeking out from the storm drain... :eek:
The book was so much better than the movie, but Tim Curry is awesome.

I've tried tried tried to watch that one, because I'm told it's one of the best at awful horror movies, but I have fallen asleep 15 minutes into it all three times I've tried.

1 year I DVR'ed every single ridiculous sequel to Halloween and watched them all, with liberal use of the fast forward button. Quite a hilarious blast. That said, II and H20 are actually pretty good.

In other news, I'm having the damnedest time trying to find an Abraham Lincoln beard, which is baffling.

1 year I DVR'ed every single ridiculous sequel to Halloween and watched them all, with liberal use of the fast forward button. Quite a hilarious blast. That said, II and H20 are actually pretty good.

I always thought that I, II and H20 were the only watchable ones in the series (I was about to say that only the Jamie Lee Curtis ones are watchable, but then I remembered Resurrection). The other ones are too hard to make it through.

I always thought that I, II and H20 were the only watchable ones in the series (I was about to say that only the Jamie Lee Curtis ones are watchable, but then I remembered Resurrection). The other ones are too hard to make it through.

Those would be my top choices for my favorite 3. That said I did enjoy parts 4,5,6 too though. But yeah the ones with the original storyline are the best.

In order to enjoy a lot of things in life, I have to pretend like other things don't exist.

In this case, only Halloween I, II and H2O are real. The others were a bad dream I had once about people whoring out their good ideas for quick cash.

The same goes for Nightmare on Elm Street. Only I and New Nightmare are real

That's messed up. Pennywise peeking out from the storm drain... :eek:
The book was so much better than the movie, but Tim Curry is awesome.

Oh yeah the book was awesome! Nothing like getting scared just from reading the very first page lol. At least with the movie they chose someone who could play Pennywise well. Still shiver thinking of him standing across the lake holding the balloons.

Sorry Bono 212! :wink: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom