The Frightfully Ghoulish Halloween Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If anyone is interested, TCM has been showing a lot of old Hammer horror movies. There were a bunch of Mummy movies on tonight. I assume they'll be doing much of the same for the rest of the month.
On a somewhat related note, I have decided to be a mummy this year. But not a campy mummy; a super creepy mummy with old bandages, cobwebs, etc. Good times

Actually, just checked and it's a little sparse until the 29th. But there are a ton of old ones on the 29th, 30th, 31st. Should be fun

:heart: Hammer Horror, hate Comcast because they do not offer TCM despite it being a basic station for every other provider, oh and Comcast is the only cable/high-speed ISP that reaches my neighborhood because of its underground power/telephone/cable lines... LAME!

:heart: Hammer Horror, hate Comcast because they do not offer TCM despite it being a basic station for every other provider, oh and Comcast is the only cable/high-speed ISP that reaches my neighborhood because of its underground power/telephone/cable lines... LAME!

I have Comcast and get TCM, but how they decide who gets what? WTF?!?!
Their internet access is quite fast though.
I know there are a lot of HD channels that are out there and other Comcast people get, too. :shrug:

Anyway On-topic:
I have to decide what movies to have on while passing out treats Sunday night.
Do I go funny-scary with Bruce Campbell stuff?
Or scary-scary with 28 Days/Weeks, The Thing, and Quarantine (yes, I have seen [Rec] but actually like Quarantine better, haven't seen 2 yet)?

TCM is on the most basic line-ups for Comcast's competitors, hell I had it on the cable that we got with room/board at college, but you have to go to like the most ridiculously high package of channels to get it here. So fucking lame.

As for your movie decision, horror comedy is much better with a group, so if its you on your own, I say go for the scary, after all 28 Days Later is one of only 2 horror movies that actually impressed me in the entire 2000-2009 decade.

As for your movie decision, horror comedy is much better with a group, so if its you on your own, I say go for the scary, after all 28 Days Later is one of only 2 horror movies that actually impressed me in the entire 2000-2009 decade.

It'll be my wife and I, and she is not a fan of the truly scary. She'll probably be working on her laptop though, so it's my call.

I love 28 Days Later--what a cast and story!
28 Weeks isn't bad. Still hoping for 28 Months Later.

If you like 28 Days, Quarantine or [Rec] is a very nice entry in that nice very scary/a-little-gross vein. Not as good, but very worthy.

So, what's the other movie?

Thanks for the suggestion of Rec, I always ignored it since I hadn't heard of it until I'd seen trailers for Quarantine which didn't look that great. As for your third film, depends on the kind of genre you're looking for, why not a ghost movie? Like The Orphanage or The Innocents.

I think kramwest meant what is your other horror movie from the last decade that impressed you

I think kramwest meant what is your other horror movie from the last decade that impressed you

Ohhh, well it's the one of the two I just mentioned that's from this decade, :wink:.

Don't mean to turn this into a scary movie thread, but yes, is The Orphanage the other movies besides 28 Days that you recommend from the last decade?
(I forgot about that one--Yeah Netflix--they have it on Instant viewing!)
And, I assume you mean the 1961 The Innocents.

The premise is solid for [Rec], which is nice considering it could be blown-off as another zombie-like movie. I would see both it and Quarantine though.

Back on topic:

Do you buy candy to pass out based on what you like to eat?
What candy may not survive long enough in your house to get passed out?

Me--Snickers Almond and Peanut M+Ms. :drool:

I actually got a lot of Skittles and Starbursts so I would be less tempted to eat them. Skittles = :yuck:

My favorite scary movie, Alien.
I got to see a midnight showing about 10 years ago with the original celluloid. It was degraded and reddish which made it even scarier.

Do you buy candy to pass out based on what you like to eat?
What candy may not survive long enough in your house to get passed out?

Me--Snickers Almond and Peanut M+Ms. :drool:

I actually got a lot of Skittles and Starbursts so I would be less tempted to eat them. Skittles = :yuck:

I wish they sold Snickers Almond in Canada!:sad:

Before I would buy candy that I like to eat, but it disappeared way too quickly. My weaknesses are Aero, Kit Kats and Crunchie bars!:drool: I now give out bags of chips and a few candies that I buy a few days before.

I wish they sold Snickers Almond in Canada!:sad:

Before I would buy candy that I like to eat, but it disappeared way too quickly. My weaknesses are Aero, Kit Kats and Crunchie bars!:drool: I now give out bags of chips and a few candies that I buy a few days before.

If they made KitKats out of higher quality chocolate, I would weigh 500 lbs. Thankfully, they don't, and each time I eat one, I'm like "pretty good, but the chocolate is crap."

And, I want "fun size" M+M Almonds. Larger bags get finished very quickly.

So I guess you won't want any of the candy I am bringing to Minneapolis then? :wink:

I have to work on Halloween but we get to dress up. I'm just gonna wear all my Ottawa Senators gear and go as a super fan (which I already am) :wink:
Should be fun though!

Do you give out treats, or pumpkin muffins at work on Halloween??:shifty::lol:

I still can't grow a full beard, so my plan to be Charlie from It's Always Sunny is out for this year. I was considering being Jack White, but no one would get it. I might just be Chase Utley since all that requires is greasy hair and a knack for hustle plays/profanity.

I still can't grow a full beard, so my plan to be Charlie from It's Always Sunny is out for this year.

Don't bother. I've got this market cornered the other 364 days of the year anyway.

On that note, I'm just going to be Green Man again because A. I'm lazy and B. I spent good money on the suit.

Man, there doesn't seem to be a lot of seasonal excitement around these parts!!

BTW, I'm going as Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter for my trip to Salem, and Joe Jonas for my group Jonas Brothers costume at my movie marathon party.

I've just been invited to a party, but I haven't dressed up in yeeeears. What to dress up as????? :panic:

Back
Top Bottom