The Frightfully Ghoulish Halloween Thread 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's probably my 3rd favorite of the year after Christmas and Thanksgiving. But my usual Halloween stomping grounds are now over 300 miles away. :sad:

Pretty much everything from mid october to january 1st is just the best time of my life every year. I love it all.

After Halloween, I can't wait for Saint Pat's. I could gladly do without all the crap in the middle.

I have never once celebrated a St. Patrick's Day more than wearing one piece of green clothing.

I have never once celebrated a St. Patrick's Day more than wearing one piece of green clothing.

Oh, i don't care so much about the holiday itself, just the date. 17 March. Means Thanksgiving and Christmas and football season are over, my birthday and Valentine's have passed and it's going to stop snowing soon.

So my big project today at work was ordering surprisingly cheap stuff online for my costume, which includes...

4794_TURQUOISE_1.jpg

+

850506_DTLZ.JPG

+

_ml_p2p_pc_badge_normal1

=

Perry_the_Platypus.png

:cool:

Still working on a bill & tail... :hmm:

Hey Gaf, I nearly forgot one of my favourite Halloween movies. Creepshow. A little cheesy, but scared the shit out of me as a kid. Worth checking out.

And Bono21212121, I watched Trick r Treat on you recommendation and really enjoyed it. Old school style horror

I've seen parts of Creepshow on TV. Pretty entertaining.

I'm not yet in full on scary movie watching mode, but I probably will be pretty soon and I'll go back and look at your recommendations and I'll let you guys know if I see any good stuff.

but I'm so glad you liked Trick 'R Treat :D

It was so weird, because after it finished I though "well that didn't really make any sense whatsoever..... but I still really liked it".
I've always liked the kind of scary movies that take place on a single night during halloween. It had a good halloween atmosphere without relying completely on the gory stuff. Good times

I thought this was cool too. The original animation from the 90s that inspired the movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1sufL6LpnQ

What didn't make sense to you? J/w.

I thought it was based on a comic book series, like the opening credits showed?

I didn't know it was supposed to be 4 or 5 independent stories presented together. So at the end, it seemed like a bunch of stuff happened for no reason and hardly anything tied together. Like the werewolf scene had little consequence to the rest of the film. It felt disjointed

Travis' trial run, we're going to scour Goodwill for a Pink polka dot shirt before Halloween.

313308_824872032854_18311893_39124962_972308635_n.jpg

Was going to guess Robert Smith on facebook, so it's a successful trial run :up:

Are you guys getting a crazy wig to go with it?

We're trying to decide. The picture doesn't show well, but his hair actually looked pretty great.

See, we're attempting to recreate his look in The Lovecats video, and he has comparably short hair in that one, so we'd need to look pretty hard for the right wig.

I think we were talking about scary movies in last year's thread. Anyway...

Just watched [REC] 2.
Not a bad follow-up, but not great. It takes (IMO) a kind of unnecessary change in direction on the "outbreak" cause. It's not particularly scary, still fairly gross, but I really liked the way they continued and sort of modified the POV/camera action. It's probably worth seeing just for that, if you like that sort of thing.

Insidious is up next.

Dont watch Insideous! More like Inshittyus.

Also, Antichrist is a piece of shit

Dont watch Insideous! More like Inshittyus.

No?
I'll put it on in the background while I do something else.

It's good to see shitty scary movies, too, so that you can appreciate the good ones. (--The Devil's Tomb should arrive today. It has quite the "B" cast The Devil's Tomb (2009) - IMDb)

And thank you very much for the Red Skull suggestion!
No luck on a Nazi uniform (which I'm kind of relieved over), so I'm going with the black coat, gray turtleneck Red Skull--just need to buy/make a cigarette holder (and see how much red make-up it takes to cover my head :huh: :D ). :up::up::up:

No?
I'll put it on in the background while I do something else.

Oh shit, sorry. I was hoping you had already watched it by the time I posted (guess I took 'up next' a little too literally). I didn't want to influence your opinion since you already had it in hand. It was more a warning to bono21212121212
BUT, the first bit isn't bad. It just gets a little ridiculous, is all.

And thank you very much for the Red Skull suggestion!
No luck on a Nazi uniform (which I'm kind of relieved over), so I'm going with the black coat, gray turtleneck Red Skull--just need to buy/make a cigarette holder (and see how much red make-up it takes to cover my head :huh: :D ). :up::up::up:

No problem man. I'm looking forward to seeing pics! Sounds like it's going to be pretty awesome. If my head wasn't so Scottish, I'd consider shaving it for a costume like that :(

No problem man. I'm looking forward to seeing pics! Sounds like it's going to be pretty awesome. If my head wasn't so Scottish, I'd consider shaving it for a costume like that :(

We stopped at one of the pop-up/empty-store Halloween stores today, and Holy Shit! they had cigarette holders (and fake cigarettes). Yeah Halloween!

I'm not allowed to say what superhero Heather is until the party, but it's good.

Back
Top Bottom