The Frightfully Ghoulish Halloween Thread 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
powerhour24 said:
I haven't decided what carve this year. It might have to be Sam from Trick 'R Treat.

If you haven't done it yet and were still planning to, this was on trick r treat's Facebook today:

7119_155654621735_107768866735_3177268_1013340_n.jpg

There's an easier one on that zombie pumpkin website if thats too hard.

Do it! We're getting a frickin' snow storm tomorrow and I'm still gonna go get some pumpkins.

I'm always a bit torn as it gets close to Halloween (and Christmas for that matter). I'm stoked, but I'm also a bit bummed that the season is coming to an end. It's almost as much about the lead-up as it is about the actual night. That being said, the house looks awesome for the party and I stayed up extra late tonight getting things together (and getting up extra early tomorrow to finish up). really looking forward to it. Hope everyone here has an awesome time at their parties Saturday night!

This is why I consider everything from mid october to January 1st to be one long epic holiday.

Am I the only one who cheats and uses an electric drill for jack o lanterns? Fine details excepted of course.

Yes. What's wrong with a knife and a spoon?

Pumpkin guts gross me out. They're all stringy and slimy and they stick to you no matter how hard you shake them off. Ick.

DSCN1985.jpg

Red Skull was a hit. It actually was a little too creepy for some people. :shrug:
:up::up::up:

(It's not quite as scary close-up IMHO)

Heather was Hit Girl from Kick-Ass
DSCN1979.jpg

Yes, it was a purchased costume, but she has no time to dick around with making stuff.

Great costumes (and pumpkins!) you guys! :up:

We decided to go really decorate our yard this year for Halloween. All the big Halloween stores have their decor at 50% off this weekend so we got some good stuff. It was fun. :D Now hopefully we'll get the Trick-or-treaters. Our street is a bit off the beaten path so we usually only get the die-hards.

Have to share my pumpkin I carved some years ago. It took a while, but totally worth it. :D I have however, not been quite that ambitious since then.

Frankensteinmonsterpumpkinbyme1996.jpg

I carved a Fly Bono a few years ago but that's it, they're all much simpler lately.

bonojackbyme10-31-06.jpg

:up: JT

I was actually on a cruise this weekend and two guys went onstage for the costume competition in blackface. They were flabbergasted as to why they did not win. :hmm:

There was a very convincing male Marie Antoinette and herhis partner was Napoleon.

And there was the most convincing Jack Sparrow I've ever seen. Honestly, he could have doubled for Johnny Depp in the movie. Will have to wait until I get home to post the pics (blackface and all), I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom