The Frightfully Ghoulish Halloween Thread 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just finished Creepshow.

At first I thought this was a fantastic part of comedy horror...

...then the last segment came on.

I have a big BIG problem with cockroaches. Traumatized by one when I was a kid. When I realized what was about to happen to that guy's body right at the very end, I pretty much started crying. :shudder:

I'm going to try and watch at least one horror movie per day from here on out. Today, I finally see Trick 'R Treat.

I'm still mad the studio majorly fucked up and let it sit on the shelf for years only to dump it on DVD with no promotion. I love anthology movies, Halloween stories and atmosphere, this should have been an annual tradition. Much more worthy than crap like Saw.

So I went all out and went to Salem on Halloween weekend last year for the first time in my life despite being from Massachusetts. Other than that I did a movie marathon at my house with my best friends, with lots of Halloween themed junk food (including Spooky Crisp, Cookie Crisp + Count Chocula) and that's all I'll be doing this year, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Last year at various functions I went as Sam Merlott from True Blood, Scott Pilgrim, and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

Since I won't be going out on the weekend, and I have a graduate course Monday night, I think I'm going without a costume this year. Though I could pull out anything from my old school movie costume box, including a pretty awesome Bender from the Breakfast Club getup.

Oh, if you're tempted to see The Last Exorcism, pass. It had some good, scary moments, but the end? Total cop-out.

Contenders for this year's marathon:

Zombieland and Scream 4 are in for the modern/horror comedy quotient
Rope, for the requisite Hitchcock
Vincent (Tim Burton's stop motion tribute to Vincent Price)
The Most Dangerous Game

Others to choose from for the party, and watch the others during the week:
The Innocents
The Picnic at Hanging Rock
The Haunting (1963)
The Masque of the Red Death (w/ Vincent Price, attn DVRers it's on TCM early Tuesday morning)
The Woman in Black (the TV adaptation from the 80's, unfortunately I don't have a time machine to bring back the new one in)
In the Mouth of Madness
The Changeling
The Black Cat
The Phantom of the Opera (Lon Chaney Sr.)

Favorites I'll have to try to watch on my own time:
Sleepy Hollow
28 Days Later...
The Orphanage
Psycho
The Halloween Tree
Clue
Dracula (Bela Lugosi)
Rebecca
Drag Me to Hell
The Lost Boys
The Frighteners
The Devil's Backbone
Halloween (1978, duh)
Shaun of the Dead

The Woman in Black (the TV adaptation from the 80's, unfortunately I don't have a time machine to bring back the new one in)

:up: Managed to find a torrent of this a couple months ago. I hadn't seen it since I was a kid. It wasn't quite as scary as I remembered, but still pretty damn creepy

1408 is awesome. Love that movie. And Zombieland is epic. :up:

I'm going to countdown to Halloween with avatars from my favourite movie to watch on that night.

Oh man, I am going to have the most bitchin' Perry the Platypus costume - someone's sewn me a tail, got another friend who's loaned me their fedora, and just today I bought a teal hoodie & sweatpants (the pants were a bit hard to find, though... it was difficult to find a pair of plain teal ladies sweatpants w/o the word "juicy" spread across the bottom).

Carnival of Souls was on TCM tonight, because of work and class I couldn't watch, but thanks to the DVR I'm gonna have a 'pleasant' late night.

Robert Englund ripping off his Freddy Kreuger makeup

BTSfreddyrip.jpg

I'll be getting The Omega Man sometime this week for Halloween viewing.

My brother and I carved our first pumpkin ever this weekend. I'm 26, he's 29. We had no childhood.

2zr2jbr.jpg

idk, he pulled the photo off GIS for "evil pumpkin." We were too old to grow up with Pokemon anyway. (I had to google it)

I originally wanted the Ghostbusters logo but he said it looked way too complicated. Next year!

Yesssss.

I didn't carve a pumpkin this year. Major bummer :(. Didn't even go to the pumpkin patch. Only just now realizing this. Hopefully I can talk my mom into organizing a family trip this weekend. I just HAVE to go through the corn maze!

I never make jack o lanterns until a couple days before Halloween, they would start to go bad by Halloween.

I really should have practiced putting on make-up this week, but I've been too busy. How many 1 oz. tubes of make-up to cover a shaved head? :hmm:

I really should have practiced putting on make-up this week, but I've been too busy. How many 1 oz. tubes of make-up to cover a shaved head? :hmm:

Hard to say. Make sure you get the cream makeup and not the grease make up though. It will cover much better and go on much nicer. And if you use blotting motions instead of smearing it, it will go on more evenly. Finally, after it's all done, put baby powder all over your head and face, then brush it off with a big soft makeup brush. It will set the makeup and keep it from rubbing off everywhere. It will also give you more of a matte finish rather than the nasty shine.

Then take pics and post them here

I guess it's cause our seasons are different here but no-one really goes for Halloween. The shops have cheap plastic crap, a few people celebrate but not really.

this thread is giving me Halloween envy :shifty:

That would make me very sad indeed :(

Hard to say. Make sure you get the cream makeup and not the grease make up though. It will cover much better and go on much nicer. And if you use blotting motions instead of smearing it, it will go on more evenly. Finally, after it's all done, put baby powder all over your head and face, then brush it off with a big soft makeup brush. It will set the makeup and keep it from rubbing off everywhere. It will also give you more of a matte finish rather than the nasty shine.

Then take pics and post them here

Thanks. :up::up::up:
I'm using a mask for the skull brow and cheeks, but I'm going to cut off the ridiculously huge teeth. I think it'll work.

(Finally watched Captain America last night--Hail Hydra!!!)

Is there a quick and easy way to give yourself a black eye?

(I'm talking about a fake one, so don't come at me with your "I'll punch you in the face if you want!" jokes. :angry:)

My sister-in-law's boyfriend is a semiprofessional make-up artist and prosthetic "enthusiast."
These are my niece and nephews at a zombie mall crawl somewhere around Denver this past week. They chose an Alice In Wonderland theme:

294676_10150502392717715_776947714_11448613_975981420_n.jpg

cid_740.jpg

291721_10150502394102715_776947714_11448632_554804030_n.jpg

Love it!!!

Back
Top Bottom