The Frightfully Ghoulish Halloween Spooktacular Thread 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So all the parts to my costume are done, but since it's a foam latex prosthetic that I glue to my face, I haven't actually been able to put it all on to see how it looks.... it's either going to be super creepy or the dumbest costume I've ever come up with

I still don't know what I'm gonna be. The big party I'm going to is television themed. Everyone is supposed to dress as someone or something from a TV show. Kind of eliminates a lot of stuff, but still. I'm struggling.

I just put it all on and held the prosthetic against my face. It might work out well, but it's going to come down to how well I can do the makeup. I've never tried natural skin tones before - always zombies or demons or some shit - so it will be a bit of a challenge. The dead-eye, cloudy contact sure helps creep it up though.

Is a decrepit old man in an old school devil onesie something you'd find offputting?

I still don't know what I'm gonna be. The big party I'm going to is television themed. Everyone is supposed to dress as someone or something from a TV show. Kind of eliminates a lot of stuff, but still. I'm struggling.

My girlfriend is going as The Coon from South Park. It would be cool if you could get a bunch of friends together for those characters. Mint Berry Crunch and Mysterion and whatnot

How about Grandpa Munster? He's TV based

Not a big South Park fan. Don't think I could pull off Grandpa Munster. I appreciate the suggestions, though. I'm probably just gonna do something really lazy.

I might be the dude from Duck Dynasty. I've literally never seen a single episode, but it's what Derrick Rose dressed up as a couple weeks back and I think it would be kinda funny just because of that:

DRDD10913.jpg

I don't know what that is.

How about Cousin It from Addams Family. That's easy as shit

Oh shit, I just realized an old friend is DJing the Halloween night at the bar we're going to Friday. Rue Morgue hosts it and we went last year and it was awesome. But anyway, I'm going to officially start bugging him to play this at some point in the night :hyper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_DVS_303kQ

Not a big South Park fan. Don't think I could pull off Grandpa Munster. I appreciate the suggestions, though. I'm probably just gonna do something really lazy. I might be the dude from Duck Dynasty. I've literally never seen a single episode, but it's what Derrick Rose dressed up as a couple weeks back and I think it would be kinda funny just because of that:

Just hang a big sign around your neck that says "I know nothing" and say you're Jon Snow.

I watched that one too last week. Completely forgot about it! I feel so bad for those little ducks. When one of them says "thank you, uncle Donald", it's so goddamn cute. Then Donald treats them like shit. I should post it to facebook

I have a U2-related costume:

I'm excited to wear this to school on Thursday. Next year I might be a zombie, because I saw Dawn of the Dead last week and thought it would be awesome to wear makeup like that.

Now that is an excellent idea. :D

By the way, I don't know your budget, but my daughter has been gathering Macphisto items for a future costume and we found a perfect gold shiny jacket at a thrift shop for $5. I've even seen others since then too. They're out there if you look! ;)

Awesome! I wore the yellow jacket because I found it at Goodwill and it matched a pair of yellow pants that I owned, but my mom found the gold pants later when shopping so I decided to go mismatched. I'm Thrift Store MacPhisto.

Have any of you checked out the new version of The Woman in Black with Daniel Radcliffe? I just finished watching and it was awesome. The original scared the shit out of me when I was a kid and this one was just as good. Spooky stuff.

Where are everyone's pictures from the weekend? My creepy old man devil costume didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. It was alright, but not one of my favourites. I ripped the mask taking it off though, so I had to throw something together on Saturday afternoon to wear that night. Made myself a Splicer costume (Bioshock, if you don't know). It actually turned out better than the costume on the previous night. I'll post pics later on

I saw it earlier this year and also liked it. I have the new Evil Dead on my DVR, and want to watch both Paranormal Activity 4 and Session 9 before Halloween. I was thinking about watching one now, but want to be able to sleep tonight. Living alone sucks for scary movies sometimes. ;)

I hope you will be taking drugs to properly mimic an addiction to ADAM.

I nearly forgot about the new Evil Dead. I'll have to check it out. The Woman in Black legitimately spooked me out. Can't say a movie has done that in years. And I live alone too :ascared:
I'm about to watch Sinister. Heard good things about that too.

If you guys like old school 60s, slightly campy, oddly coloured, gothic horror movies, Black Sabbath is on netflix. It's 3 separate stories (I love those kinds of movies) and it's hosted by Boris Karloff. I was kinda half watching it, half working on my costume, but it was good.

And were Splicers addicted to Adam or Eve? I need to know what kind of drugs to get on

There are some royally screwed up and freaky parts of Sinister. The ending wasn't my favorite, but it was definitely one of the best recent horror movies I've seen.

I haven't seen Black Sabbath in a long time, is that the one with a really young Donald Sutherland in one of the stories? Maybe I'll watch it tonight.

Sinister makes me terrified by the projector I purchased over the summer, and the short home movie of the previous owner's I watched on it last week.

I want to see The Woman in Black, glad to hear you both enjoyed it.

Session 9, imo, is awesome. Lots of great fan theories for just Wtf happens in it as well. Always nice when a film gets people talking, trying to figure out just what they just watched.

I really liked Sinister. It's one of those horror films that gets its scares from the audio, which tend to be my favorites. The visual scares are of the usual corny boo! type but are effective nonetheless.

Session 9 would have been a favorite if the plot holes didn't mute the psychological terror in the film. Caruso is mediocre too. But the setting is fantastic and that goes a long way.

I thought Sinister was pretty good, but I didn't find the kids or the main bad guy all that creepy. Maybe showed a little too much of them. The creeps were in the tension between those parts. Plus, the kind of scares it was going for were similar to those in The Woman in Black, which I thought did it much better and which I watched 20 minutes earlier. Still very enjoyable though

I saw The Woman in Black last year. It was very good and very chilling, and the ending was a big surprise to me. My favorite shot in the movie was when Daniel Radcliffe's character was inside the house and the camera is focused on him in the foreground and then you see the woman move in the background... freaked me out.

Ya, there were quite a few of those shots where you see her, but he doesn't. They worked well. Makes it even spookier to think she could be watching your brush your teeth tonight without you knowing it

I saw Sinister in the theater last October, which likely contributed to my enjoyment. Seems like scary shows have more impact in the theater from random people in the audience actually screaming and jumping.

I started watching a documentary on Netflix last night called The American Scream. It's about people who are obsessed with making amateur haunted houses / spook alleys every Halloween. Haven't finished it, but enjoyed what I saw.

Back
Top Bottom