The Frightfully Ghoulish Halloween Spooktacular Thread 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you sure it wouldn't have made it? If it was on their end that it was going to be here by the 25th, I would think that there are faster shipping methods than the "cheap" one.

When I emailed them last week, they replied that it takes about 10 days to ship to Canada, but sometimes it can be quicker. I mentioned then that it was 10 business days left already (need it for next friday), so they said they'd send it out early this week. It'll be Thursday tomorrow and they still haven't sent it. There's no telling how long customs will hang onto it. It's too stressful cutting it so close. I'm afraid if I don't make a decision now, I could be left without a costume

I wish I had the skills and resources to make a Kaiju costume for halloween :(

Ok, I've got my refund from the silicone mask people and have changed gears. I would like your opinions on my two similar ideas. I've already bought a foam latex old man mask. The kind you stick to your face and do the makeup on top. Should look pretty cool. I know an old man isn't particularly creative, but the creepy bit comes next. I'm either going to go as a creepy old clown in worn, weathered old clown clothes, or a creepy old man in a devil onesie. What say you?

After looking at the prosthetic I bought, I think i might go with creepy old clown. Natural skin tones are really hard to mimic and the clown style makeup will help me hide any imperfections.

They'd also only look good from straight on, but now I'm just being a negative nancy

Meanwhile, at our pre-Halloween mrs. tourist birthday party costume party last night....
1380836_10153291030985538_113259417_n.jpg

This was fun to put together. :D

So I was looking at myself in the mirror last night when I was dressed like this and thinking, "Wow, when Robert Smith goes down to get some ham at the grocery store, he dresses like this. So much effort." But seriously, at mrs. tourist's birthday/Halloween party last night I told my band (who was there) that one day when we're playing a show in, like, May, I'm totally going to just randomly dress like this for one show.

1377467_10153292816905538_1501541266_n.jpg

Watched High Tension/Haute Tension/Whatever last night. I had high hopes for it. It made no sense. It was kinda dumb. The main girl is hot though

Watched High Tension/Haute Tension/Whatever last night. I had high hopes for it. It made no sense. It was kinda dumb. The main girl is hot though

I keep meaning to watch that one, but Travis isn't interested, and I rarely have time to watch movies on my own anymore, so it just hasn't happened. I caught it on HBO when it first came out, but only about 20 minutes of it. Seemed really intense, but not a movie I'd care much for. We'll see.

But thank God for StumbleUpon. It reminded me of this gem of a film early this morning:

Maximum Overdrive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why everything Stephen King writes gets turned into a film, I'll never know. But, I have't seen this one yet, so I might have to check it out tonight or tomorrow.

In turn, that reminded me of the existence of this disaster area, and I hope I'm not the only person who's seen this disaster:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blacktop_(film)

Something about the fact that Meat Loaf uses his real last name in this film makes me laugh hardest of all.

I keep meaning to watch that one, but Travis isn't interested, and I rarely have time to watch movies on my own anymore, so it just hasn't happened. I caught it on HBO when it first came out, but only about 20 minutes of it. Seemed really intense, but not a movie I'd care much for. We'll see.

But thank God for StumbleUpon. It reminded me of this gem of a film early this morning:

Maximum Overdrive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why everything Stephen King writes gets turned into a film, I'll never know. But, I have't seen this one yet, so I might have to check it out tonight or tomorrow.

In turn, that reminded me of the existence of this disaster area, and I hope I'm not the only person who's seen this disaster:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blacktop_(film)

Something about the fact that Meat Loaf uses his real last name in this film makes me laugh hardest of all.

Maximum Overdrive is terrible. But the ACDC song from it is fairly awesome

I ordered these t-shirts over the weekend, hopefully they arrive soon.

41wQVLaR3sL.jpg

31t9ZWwuA3L.jpg

I really like that first one. I need more spook shirts

I was buying a lot of t-shirts online back when I had a job/money and I, in turn, bought a lot of shirts on the mystery shirt sale days. As a result, I have like three Halloween shirts at home now, or at least spooky ones:

6c0c81ba-1adf-4fff-b4c5-0e231ff5b8e9.png

986df7fc-56e1-4662-89d8-afa60a782b00.png

and, the shirt everyone seems to own:

fridaythe12th_fullpic_artwork.jpg

Back
Top Bottom