The Frightfully Ghoulish Halloween Spooktacular Thread 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's awesome. So is Ashley's cauldron.

I bought that cauldron last year and it's been sitting in my trunk since, it's even better looking than I expected. Thanks :D. I think, because of that, I'll just be a witch for Halloween this year. I know that's pretty generic, but I have the cauldron and, well...

I don't think I had one of those, but the other night as I was drifting off to sleep I was convinced I'd seen two massive spiders on my bed and I freaked out.

Those moments right before you fall asleep, you can see the craziest shit.

We had a cool discussion about those a couple years ago in random music. A few of us have had them. joyfulgirl i remember was one of them.

It happens to me frequently. Really fucked up.

Here's the conversation:

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...n-the-live-version-212713-25.html#post7406759

And like I said then:

I am terrified of having night terrors. I know that's a weird thing to be afraid of, but I had an awful experience with anti-depressants in college that my pyschiatrist prescribed for my OCD. They gave me awful vivid dreams, and I already slept poorly to begin with. For a year this went on with me trying to get my meds changed or get something to help me sleep sounder, and it ended up that I quit taking the medicine altogether, which was it's own bad time. Anyways, that experience has always made me scared of my nightmares, because I'm afraid that at any moment they could turn into night terrors, and I'm not sure I'd ever be able to sleep normally again.

I bought that cauldron last year and it's been sitting in my trunk since, it's even better looking than I expected. Thanks :D. I think, because of that, I'll just be a witch for Halloween this year. I know that's pretty generic, but I have the cauldron and, well...

Not generic, classic! I've decided on a mummy this year because the old man foam latex applicance I wanted was sold out. Might not be available this year. Plus, I really like the old school, classic monsters. And I've ordered a silicone zombie facial prosthetic to go with it, so it should look pretty cool. Now I just get to stress out while the order ships from Scotland

Well, if you can direct me to a cool idea to make it look more classic and less generic, I'll see what my budget will allow for.

How elaborate will you get? Foam latex prosthetics are awesome, but they take a bit of dedication

I've never gone elaborate, ever. I wanted to try something fun this year, but with quitting me job, it just didn't happen. So...not too elaborate, but I don't wanna just put on a black hat and some green make-up and call it a day.

The full face foam latex prosthetic might be too excessive for you, but I think you can find witch noses and chins. Just make sure you get foam latex and not rubber. You also have to stick them to your face with spirit gum... not sure if you want to go that far. It takes a bit of time to blend the edges with liquid latex and what not, but I kind of like the process... Then you can do green makeup on top of that and it would look awesome. Do different shades of green to give it depth and contours though. Slightly darker around the eyes and that sort of thing

Cool. I'll look around for advice.

When I worked on this Zombie movie a couple of years ago, I saw a lot of awesome things you can do with liquid latex. Part of the reason I've been dying to get a chance to do it myself.

My Target didn't get FrankenBerry in yet :scream:

20131001_210219_zps6b55d8d3.jpg

These are awesome

Wait.. are those other two on the end for real? Ive never seen them before. :ohmy:
I'd be all over those yummy mummys.

Yeah, I guess I posted about this in the old thread, but GM re-released all of the monster cereals together for the first time ever. I just couldn't find Frankenberry.

Fruity Yummy Mummy is Dreamsicle flavored and Frute Brute is cherry flavored. Last night I mixed the last of the Frute Brute and Boo Berry together...it...it wasn't good.

These original boxes are only available at Target, but new boxes are supposed to be available at more retailers.

:up: I've only ever seen the staple 3... Boo Berry, Frankenberry and Count Chocula. I must go to Target this weekend.

I saw them all at Target yesterday too. They also had some Count Chocula bars or something too I think.

:up: I've only ever seen the staple 3... Boo Berry, Frankenberry and Count Chocula. I must go to Target this weekend.

I remember Fruit Brute when I was a kid, I guess it lasted a few years then got discontinued and a few years after that they introduced the Yummy Mummy (which I honestly had never seen before this month) as a replacement.

Target is the exclusive seller of the classic boxes apparently but you can et the cereals this month in regular grocery stores in their newer packaging.

Yeah, I saw all the newer boxes at the store the last time I went grocery shopping. I didn't buy any of them. Is count chocula as bad as other chocolate cereal? Cos I remember cocoa crispier being pretty terrible, and cocoa puffs were ok despite the fact that they only kind of tasted like chocolate.

The marshmallows are really the saving grace of the cereal. I really love Cocoa Krispies and the like but Count Chocula is weak as fuck flavor-wise.

I did think s'mores flavor candy corn seemed like a good idea, and it was. But eating half the bag was a bad idea.

10 yards of gauze, tooth decay, and grey contact lenses purchased.... this mask better get here in time

I saw them all at Target yesterday too. They also had some Count Chocula bars or something too I think.

I bought the cereal bars and Boo Berry fruit roll ups :drool: Buying the actual cereal would mean I would have to buy milk and since I don't eat much at home it would go to waste (I get free meals at work). So I'm glad they have other options. I wish they would make Boo Berry cereal bars too!

I used to be obsessed with my Count Chocula doll I had in the late 70's. I think my mom sent in the box tops or something like that. I wish I still had that thing.....

I bought the cereal bars and Boo Berry fruit roll ups :drool: Buying the actual cereal would mean I would have to buy milk and since I don't eat much at home it would go to waste (I get free meals at work). So I'm glad they have other options. I wish they would make Boo Berry cereal bars too!

I used to be obsessed with my Count Chocula doll I had in the late 70's. I think my mom sent in the box tops or something like that. I wish I still had that thing.....

:D ebay has a ton of them. Is yours there? :hmm:

count chocula doll | eBay

I had to email and cancel my silicone mask today :( I ordered on the 6th and they still hadn't shipped it. I get that they make them to order, but that's sort of ridiculous. I even noted that I needed it by the 25th and they said that was fine. No way it would make it from the UK to Canada in a week. BAH! Now I have to change ideas

Are you sure it wouldn't have made it? If it was on their end that it was going to be here by the 25th, I would think that there are faster shipping methods than the "cheap" one.

Back
Top Bottom