The Frightfully Ghoulish Halloween Spooktacular Thread 2013 - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #136
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
You should be zombie Macphisto.
Now that is an excellent idea.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #137
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSilkenSky View Post
Now that is an excellent idea.
By the way, I don't know your budget, but my daughter has been gathering Macphisto items for a future costume and we found a perfect gold shiny jacket at a thrift shop for $5. I've even seen others since then too. They're out there if you look!

Old 10-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #138
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Awesome! I wore the yellow jacket because I found it at Goodwill and it matched a pair of yellow pants that I owned, but my mom found the gold pants later when shopping so I decided to go mismatched. I'm Thrift Store MacPhisto.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #139
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 10-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #140
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:04 AM
Have any of you checked out the new version of The Woman in Black with Daniel Radcliffe? I just finished watching and it was awesome. The original scared the shit out of me when I was a kid and this one was just as good. Spooky stuff.

Where are everyone's pictures from the weekend? My creepy old man devil costume didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. It was alright, but not one of my favourites. I ripped the mask taking it off though, so I had to throw something together on Saturday afternoon to wear that night. Made myself a Splicer costume (Bioshock, if you don't know). It actually turned out better than the costume on the previous night. I'll post pics later on
Old 10-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #141
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 05:04 AM
I saw it earlier this year and also liked it. I have the new Evil Dead on my DVR, and want to watch both Paranormal Activity 4 and Session 9 before Halloween. I was thinking about watching one now, but want to be able to sleep tonight. Living alone sucks for scary movies sometimes.

I hope you will be taking drugs to properly mimic an addiction to ADAM.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #142
ONE
love, blood, life

I nearly forgot about the new Evil Dead. I'll have to check it out. The Woman in Black legitimately spooked me out. Can't say a movie has done that in years. And I live alone too :ascared:
I'm about to watch Sinister. Heard good things about that too.

If you guys like old school 60s, slightly campy, oddly coloured, gothic horror movies, Black Sabbath is on netflix. It's 3 separate stories (I love those kinds of movies) and it's hosted by Boris Karloff. I was kinda half watching it, half working on my costume, but it was good.

And were Splicers addicted to Adam or Eve? I need to know what kind of drugs to get on
Old 10-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #143
Blue Meth Addict

There are some royally screwed up and freaky parts of Sinister. The ending wasn't my favorite, but it was definitely one of the best recent horror movies I've seen.

I haven't seen Black Sabbath in a long time, is that the one with a really young Donald Sutherland in one of the stories? Maybe I'll watch it tonight.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:50 PM   #144
Blue Meth Addict

This is what I was thinking of:

Dr. Terror's House of Horrors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not sure how I ever could have forgotten that title. Randomly caught it on TV late one night, years and years ago.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:27 AM   #145
Blue Crack Distributor

Sinister makes me terrified by the projector I purchased over the summer, and the short home movie of the previous owner's I watched on it last week.

I want to see The Woman in Black, glad to hear you both enjoyed it.

Session 9, imo, is awesome. Lots of great fan theories for just Wtf happens in it as well. Always nice when a film gets people talking, trying to figure out just what they just watched.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #146
The Male

I really liked Sinister. It's one of those horror films that gets its scares from the audio, which tend to be my favorites. The visual scares are of the usual corny boo! type but are effective nonetheless.

Session 9 would have been a favorite if the plot holes didn't mute the psychological terror in the film. Caruso is mediocre too. But the setting is fantastic and that goes a long way.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #147
ONE
love, blood, life

I thought Sinister was pretty good, but I didn't find the kids or the main bad guy all that creepy. Maybe showed a little too much of them. The creeps were in the tension between those parts. Plus, the kind of scares it was going for were similar to those in The Woman in Black, which I thought did it much better and which I watched 20 minutes earlier. Still very enjoyable though
Old 10-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I saw The Woman in Black last year. It was very good and very chilling, and the ending was a big surprise to me. My favorite shot in the movie was when Daniel Radcliffe's character was inside the house and the camera is focused on him in the foreground and then you see the woman move in the background... freaked me out.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #149
ONE
love, blood, life

Ya, there were quite a few of those shots where you see her, but he doesn't. They worked well. Makes it even spookier to think she could be watching your brush your teeth tonight without you knowing it
Old 10-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #150
Blue Meth Addict

I saw Sinister in the theater last October, which likely contributed to my enjoyment. Seems like scary shows have more impact in the theater from random people in the audience actually screaming and jumping.

I started watching a documentary on Netflix last night called The American Scream. It's about people who are obsessed with making amateur haunted houses / spook alleys every Halloween. Haven't finished it, but enjoyed what I saw.