Tattoos (and piercing) continued...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally got it after soooo long. I have my grandmother (Ruth) on my wrist and Divinity on my side but this one is by far my favorite :heart:

image-1.jpg

Looks good. Glad to hear you finally got it. One on your wrist is still the nicest.

I'm thinking about getting a tattoo on the outside of my left foot that says "Je Serai Libre" - French for "I will be free". It has deep, personal meaning to me. But I wonder when I actually - if ever - reach my "freedom", will that tattoo still mean anything? Should I then have the "serai" replaced with "suis" - I am free? I know that is a long way off, but I want to make sure I do this right. Tattoos are for life!

UPDATE: I've thought over what words I would use and it won't be "Je Serai Libre" - it will be "C'est Ma Vie" and I'll add a butterfly or something else at the end.

But because I am concerned where I work now - and anywhere else in the future - would not approve of a visible tattoo because I want to put it on the outside of my left foot. But because I truly want this tat, I am thinking about putting it on the inside of my foot, above the arch. But that has got to be so painful!

Anyone here have a tattoo there, or know someone who has? How bad is it?

Very nice tats here! :applaud:
One of our fomer regulars (Russty Cat) had a guitar with wings tat done!:drool::love:
The detailing and the colors were just wonderful!
comet might remember her.

I abosolutely appreciate them as an artist; but i'll probably never have one! :yikes: :lol:
I don't even have pierced ears!

i wear :heart: "earcuffs" instead !
They are about 7/8th of a Circle/fat Oval made with round wire or flat metal up to about 3/16th of an inch that fit around the outer edge part of the ear.
They can have more wire, and little glass, or semi-precious beads dangling off of the cuff itself. The first ones I had were gifts to me when the idea had not yet spread from California to NYC. My shortish lobes clip-ons tended to fall off, so i had to use screw-ons which owie putting on/taking them off!
Years later I make my own!:D

As far as piercings... the less traditional piercing on/above the eyebrow is my favorite.
I've seen nose-piercings since i was fairly young so they're "traditional" to me. :) The lobe stretching is pretty cool, too.

UPDATE: I've thought over what words I would use and it won't be "Je Serai Libre" - it will be "C'est Ma Vie" and I'll add a butterfly or something else at the end.

But because I am concerned where I work now - and anywhere else in the future - would not approve of a visible tattoo because I want to put it on the outside of my left foot. But because I truly want this tat, I am thinking about putting it on the inside of my foot, above the arch. But that has got to be so painful!

Anyone here have a tattoo there, or know someone who has? How bad is it?

if you want accurate French, you would need "Ma" and "Vie" in lower case "C'est ma vie" - it would look strange otherwise (to French-trained eyes) - we only capitalise the first word in titles for instance...

I studied French in college, so I know that's the case. But me capitalizing the first letters is more about expression than being grammatically correct. But, no biggie.

:mac:

I got this one about a month ago lol. Yolo and all that jazz.
I'm going to be adding cherry blossoms and stuff around it in a couple weeks.

hktat_zps0c5bef4f.jpg

:giggle:

I saw something similar where Kitty had some cartoon character's head, or vice versa.

I know this is very unoriginal, but I really want to get the capricorn symbol tattooed on my left collarbone in the Achtung Baby font. I know it's probably going to hurt like hell, but I really want it. And I also want to get a tattoo in memory of my dad that has the lyrics 'I know that this is not goodbye' from 'Kite'. I just have to get the nerve and the money up to do it. :crack:

Here is sort of what I want it to look like,
capricorn_symbol-22962.gif

Back
Top Bottom