Straya thread part 4 - culling the chazzwazzers population

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the name is taken from that bloke, yeah. Most of the videos were pretty boring at the start but people are getting more creative now.

In a way I think they should keep the Est. 1788 shirts on sale, just so that we can identify dumbfuck racist bogans from a block away.

And I keep seeing this neknomination thing around on Facebook at the moment but I've no idea what it really is.

As some on twitter pointed out however, if you get angry about the t-shirts you should also get angry about Australia Day being the 26th.

Neknominate is you get nominated but someone to skol a beer, so you get filmed doing it, nominate some mates to do the same then upload it to Facebook.

I detest Australia Day, no mistake about that. It's the only day of the year I don't go out of the house just to ensure that I don't get caught in the patriotic fever and/or get bashed by white Australians wearing Australian flags as capes.

Can we please just change Australia Day to a date that isn't so fraught? But then also keep 26/01 as a public holiday under its proper name: Invasion Day.

Neknominate is you get nominated but someone to skol a beer, so you get filmed doing it, nominate some mates to do the same then upload it to Facebook.

I don't need someone to fucking nominate me to do that!

26th January is a date that commemorates a British achievement and nothing at all Australian, so it makes no sense.

And I think that we have learned from the past that colonisation and reckless imperialism (whether it be British, Belgian or whatever) has had a resoundingly adverse (certainly not positive) effect on humanity throughout history.

1st January is a far more suitable Australia Day. Perhaps have a New Year's Eve holiday on December 31?

I prefer to find distractions on January 26th, so I can avoid all the nonsense about such a ridiculous and tainted public holiday. Channel 7 and Channel 9 are particularly avoidable.

Did Federation happen on Jan 1? Or did they make it the 26th just to match up?

And what will happen to Hottest 100 Day?! :eek:hnoes:

I wouldn't mind an arbitrary public holiday some time between July and October, can we make it then?

Did Federation happen on Jan 1?

Yes. Rather inconvenient. Why couldn't we have federated sometime when there isn't already a public holiday?

In my continuing quest to get an AFL grand final public holiday, perhaps that should be our national day, in honour of our glorious homegrown sport of awesome.

Do you actually go around calling your country Straya?

Bogans can't enunciate and the rest of us like to be sarcastic.

:heart: it or leave it

images

That article angered me, being my university and all, but we're still not on the level of Queensland.

The comments on the article are awful, poor victimised male crap I don't know why I thought looking was a good idea.

I presume one of the lecturers in that course is financeguy.

Whoever they are, they probably do attend the same fedora + neckbeard convention.

Yes. Rather inconvenient. Why couldn't we have federated sometime when there isn't already a public holiday?

In my continuing quest to get an AFL grand final public holiday, perhaps that should be our national day, in honour of our glorious homegrown sport of awesome.

I would be so down with an AFL public holiday. Failing that, having two days off over NY wouldn't go amiss either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom