Stores going out of business

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShipOfFools

War Child
I rarely go into stores anymore, since I have no money to buy anything. However, I stopped into K-Mart yesterday, and I was completely shocked at how bare the shelves were. I went looking in the entertainment section for a DVD I wanted to buy, and they've pretty much gotten rid of all the DVDs and CDs they used to carry (and the few DVDs that were there was surrounded by empty shelves.) And it wasn't only that section that was bare, it looked like someone had robbed the store.

How in the world have things gotten this bad? :ohmy:

its the shops like Billabong where I go into and the wee cute guy with the amazing headful of hair would say 'HI!' to me with a big smile and you just know its like you are their first customer for a month and they are just hoping you spend like 40 quid on their non-fitting, 'but really overpriced cause you just payin for name' hoodie etc.

:crack:

but damn he is cute, I think they might close soon thou. :wink:

Lots of places closing. A few of our fave local restaurants have closed in the last couple of years, a photo printing place, etc. :sad:

The oldest Kmart in my area closed a few months ago. It had been here since the 1960s. My favorite Hallmark store closed a couple of months ago and my favorite taqueria closed this week. :sad:

With this in mind, a brand new shopping center went up near these stores. Of course the shopping center is vacant. :der:

My boyfriend works at Applebee's and they have been slow, but the owner also opened a new store like 3 miles away. :angry:

K-Marts are ALWAYS closing. My theory is that K-Mart shouldn't even exist as a stand-alone store, since no one ever shops there unless it's a going out of business sale. They should just stick the store on a train, and hit up one city at a time for a week, everything being the price it would be if they were going out of business. K-Mart would make millions! I'm sure :wink:

The CVS closed in the mall I always go to. You know things are bad when they can't even keep a CVS going in a mall (there is one up the street so maybe that had something to do with it). Hudson News closed there, several jewelry stores, some clothing stores..the Coach store is a ghost town. A read an article recently about entire malls closing, that will be the new thing.

i wish Wal*Mart would close down, all of them. It would start a chain reaction of 100's of thousands of other mom & pop stores suddenly opening that were forced to close 5 years ago because Wal*Mart put them out of business.

Of course im kidding, i dont want to see Wal*Mart go out of business, that would be devestating because of all the people that work there. Still, i fucking hate Wal*Mart. Sure i shop there, not like we really have a choice, which is kind of my point. But the stores are usually overcrowded, they never have enough people to check you out so you wait in very long lines, and they did run a lot of people out of business. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom