Sometimes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelordevil

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
...while walking along old sidewalks, and on top of the initialed and paw printed surfaces you sometimes see, I wonder where the inscribers are today, and whether or not they're doing okay.

ohs9pi.jpg

:lol:

I didn't mean for it to be depressing...more fasinating. :wink: Surely I can't be the only one fascinated by these asphalt time capsules.

Sicy, as soon as I started the thread, I realized it should probably walk across the street to the Lemonade Stand. Saw-ry!

Usually when I see these sole- and paw-printed surfaces, all I can think of is what the person who had the job of cleaning off those shoes or paws afterwards thought. There's probably some kind of Rorschach thing involved in that which says something rather depressing about me. That's a neat photo, though.

Not to sound like an ass here, AoD, but this sounds like mystic new age bullshit. :up:

But the mystic is a path to a new world order of imagination and possibility! :hug:

I should take a photo of the exact spot that inspired this thread. I just think it’s neat…these cement archives of time, children…pets. Sometimes you’ll see imprints of leaves, as well.

As a kind of portable memory kit, I’ve always wanted to get one of these:

paw+print.jpg

If I was a kid, this would be cool:

handprint.jpg

Usually when I see these sole- and paw-printed surfaces, all I can think of is what the person who had the job of cleaning off those shoes or paws afterwards thought.

Ha! Yes...surely messy, but a priceless memory!

well.....there's this

Homeowner Wants Oilman Pickens Charged With Theft - cbs11tv.com

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP)
As a youngster, Texas oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens scratched his name in wet concrete in the driveway of his grandmother's Oklahoma house.

Now the man who owns the century-old home is pursuing theft and vandalism charges against the 81-year-old billionaire, saying workers for Pickens came to the house recently without permission and removed the concrete slab with the well-known name.

:hmm:

When I Walked along cobble stones streets and walkways in Irish castles and in Edinburgh Scotland I sat pondering just how many years they had been there and how many people had walked along the same pathways.

Back
Top Bottom