So what are you for Halloween?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My costume this year:

DSC01918.jpg

The usual: Dressing up as a guy that does not get dressed up for Halloween. Though, I want to buy a wizard's costume and wear that to work in, like, April.

An exhausted mother of a 18 month old and a 4 week old.....wait no:ohmy:that's real life! Well that is what I'm going as...I have 2 hours to pull something together for my son..so far I have..nothing.

I came up with a couple of cheap, quick options yesterday... nothing like procrastination, huh? :laugh: I haven't decided yet which one I'll implement (warning extreme pun content follows):
A) pin several 'variety pack' fun-size cereal boxes to a black hoodie, wear black gloves with jeans & sneakers & carry a fake bloody knife - a cereal killer. :D
B) cut a large white oval out of poster board, color/paint a sunshine yellow circle in the center & wear devil horns and a tail (pitchfork optional) - a deviled egg. :D
C) dress in blue jeans, wear black sneakers, black socks, a black tank & blue sweater hoodie - a bruise. (black & blue all over) I might even put on some extra eyeliner & smudge it up to really blacken my eyes... or not. Either way, it works. :D

When I told Kelly about my ideas last night, he just looked at me with a blank stare for about 5 seconds before asking me, "Didn't they drug test you for your new job?" :lmao:

I can't wait to see all the photos posted later tonight/tomorrow. <------ HINT :giggle:

I came up with a couple of cheap, quick options yesterday... nothing like procrastination, huh? :laugh:
A) pin several 'variety pack' fun-size cereal boxes to a black hoodie, wear black gloves with jeans & sneakers & carry a fake bloody knife - a cereal killer. :D

I can't wait to see all the photos posted later tonight/tomorrow. <------ HINT :giggle:

Hey, that's a good idea. Thanks for the tip. Procrastion is my middle name. :lol:

(I’m imagining my voice as that of Crusty the Clown, for some reason.)

:laugh: It's cos of the "hey kids!"

So you're just gonna wander around whining at everyone about how phony everything is?

I found that hilarious even though I've never read Catcher In The Rye. :uhoh:

Here I am today:

Sari.jpg

Very special thanks to my coworkers -- one for the lend and drape of the sari, the other for the makeup.

Nice! You look good in a sari. :) So you're dressing up as a......... Indian woman? Or is there more to it? :shifty: :wink:

BluRmGrl, your ideas are all great!

Nice! You look good in a sari. :) So you're dressing up as a......... Indian woman? Or is there more to it? :shifty: :wink:

Thank you! A woman I work with is married to an Indian man and has many saris for various holidays, events and celebrations, so offered them to a few of us just because it's fun and the saris are so beautiful (and I get to wear an armful of bracelets and fantastic earrings, a total plus). I'm not doing any shimmying or anything ;)

I went with the cereal killer after all - I forgot to wear the gloves, but I think the idea was conveyed well without them. :giggle:
CerealKiller.jpg

Here's a shot of our neighborhood 'gang'. :lol: We're a combination of about 4 households that all congregate in one neighbor's garage; we just hung out together tonight while passing out candy.
Thewholesickcrowd.jpg

I went with the cereal killer after all - I forgot to wear the gloves, but I think the idea was conveyed well without them. :giggle:
CerealKiller.jpg

:lol:

I'm putting my granola under 24-hour surveillance.

I spent last night transporting my entire belongings from one apartment to another. On the way into the new place, I was carrying a box of something, when a gang of trick-or-treaters approached. I was hit by a huge realization, and equally massive wave of guilt--I hadn’t bought a single treat to dish out! I said to them, “Sorry guys, I completely forgot to get treats…I’m just moving in.”

One of them, who was dressed like a duck and acted a bit like the leader, responded: “Don’t worry—there’s always Christmas.”

A true professional!

The Lady Friend and I were Jim and Pam, so that was fun.

Nice. I only saw one Office character this year (three-hole-punch Jim). My ex-girlfriend was a pretty convincing Pam last year.

Well, I scrapped the Rick Astley idea in favor of of Kenneth Ellen Parcell, NBC page extraordinaire. There must be more 30 Rock fans than I thought, because a great number of people got it.

I've been down on Sixth the last two nights for all the costumes and everything. Last night was such that I was only able to spend time in one bar.

For a reference point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyUzDp-pyf0

There were even more people out than in that video. A few people I was with who would know remarked that it resembled Mardi Gras. It was one of the craziest things I've ever seen which eventually culminated in my Heisman-ing a Teletubby on a bike.

I stopped counting at 48 Joker costumes.

7L2DROKVW9

I had to get something.

One on my floor dressed as plumber. I came up the stairs and said, "Hi Joe." He was happy as I was the first to recognize what he was supposed to be.

I went to a costume party... I was there for like... 2 hours and when I back to see my car, my stereo was gone, also 2 DB Drive speakers... great

today is "D?a de Muertos" here in Mexico, I'm more excited about that

Back
Top Bottom