So Danny might be storming the shores of America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, agreed. Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer to see this:
Black%20Hills%20Scenery%20001.JPG

wyoming-devils-tower.jpg

RedwoodForest2.jpg

grand-canyon.jpg

than some guys dressed as cartoon characters and long lines of kids crying. I mean, can't you just go to the Gold Coast when you get home? ;)

moonrise_monument_valley.jpg

Monument Valley, Utah

parkway07d.jpg

blue-ridge04.jpg

Blue Ridge Parkway, NC

3221780644_9f257d4e54.jpg

Biltmore Estate, Ashville NC

Cape_Hatteras-lighthouse-print.jpg

Cape Hatteras, NC

3027795115_38256b3ba9.jpg

Pikes Peak, Co

1176451528_a9c436f117.jpg

Pacific Coast Hwy, Ca

Snow%20Capped,%20Grand%20Tetons,%20Wyoming.jpg

Grand Tetons, Wyoming

1309158577_b2707cdea8.jpg

Shiprock, New Mexico

paintedDesert.jpg

Painted Desert, Arizona

2540553260_1352115139.jpg

Giant Sequoia Forest, Ca

18%20Mt.%20Rainier.jpg

majestic Mt Rainier, Washington

I love going up to Mt Rainier. Going to Mt St Helens is also really cool. There's also rain forests on the Olympic Peninsula, right next to beautiful rocky coast beaches.

I have to agree, the Blue Ridge Parkway is absolutely gorgeous. It's such a breath taking drive, and if you're into hiking, there are some really nice trails. My favorites are McAfee's Knob and Dragontooth, both in the Jefferson National Forest.

Montecello is also very beautiful. It's the home of Thomas Jefferson.

Also, I happen to think that Virginia has the best wines I've ever tasted. So, if you hit up our state, a fake ID might be in order :wink:

didn't think so :sigh: it's a relatively new franchise i think.

a bloke was telling me yesterday in minnesota.. apparently it gets to -15C with -40C winds, and you've got 15 seconds outside before you get frostbite, and about a minute before death. don't know if he was lying or not, but he's been there. any truth?

We have some cool stuff in New Mexico like Indian ruins if you like that sort of thing.

chacocanyon4.jpg

and then there's Santa Fe - it ain't the 3rd most popular tourist destination in the country for nothin'

SantaFe.jpg

a bloke was telling me yesterday in minnesota.. apparently it gets to -15C with -40C winds, and you've got 15 seconds outside before you get frostbite, and about a minute before death. don't know if he was lying or not, but he's been there. any truth?

Everything is true except the death part. You'd be surprised that things still function when the temperatures dip that low.

I have to agree, the Blue Ridge Parkway is absolutely gorgeous. It's such a breath taking drive, and if you're into hiking, there are some really nice trails. My favorites are McAfee's Knob and Dragontooth, both in the Jefferson National Forest.

Montecello is also very beautiful. It's the home of Thomas Jefferson.

:up::up::up::up::up::up:

well i've got more details...

it appears we are flying into Los Angeles, and then we're going up the coast and across to Canada for a little bit (a week out of four) as far as Lake Winnipeg and then back down as far as San Diego, then over to Denver and then up to the top right hand corner of Wyoming.

that's what this map that's been highlighted says anyway.

it appears we are flying into Los Angeles, and then we're going up the coast and across to Canada for a little bit (a week out of four) as far as Lake Winnipeg and then back down as far as San Diego, then over to Denver and then up to the top right hand corner of Wyoming.

Sounds awesome Danny, I'm incredibly jealous! Though I'm possibly heading over in about 12 months!

i want to go to New York. maybe i'll just fly by myself

If you can find a way to go there, if even for a short period, you should.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, NYC, but in my mind it's a place everyone should see at least once.

I hope you're able to find your way there.

I can recommend some places in this itinerary. But I would recommend the top LEFT hand corner of Wyoming.

pacific northwest?

Back
Top Bottom