Smokeless tobacco + What do you smoke?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a friend who drinks, smokes, doesn't eat very healthy, never exercises, and uses dirty words. He's also fairly laid back and genuinely happy. He swears that i will get cancer before him because im uptight and have a stressful job, even though i eat healthy, exercise all the time, and i rarely drink or smoke (compared to him).

He might be right or he might be wrong. But one thing he's pretty sure about is we are all going to die somehow and its probably not going to be fun or by a means of our chosing.

Now that ive been a downer, enjoy your youth folks!

Well, a friend of my parents who is now close to 90, is a bit like that. I don't think he ever smoked but for most of his adult life he was a heavy drinker until he cut back slightly in recent years after heart surgery. He actually made the comment that the week in hospital was the longest he ever remembered going without a drink in decades. He never played any sports, a walk in the country was his idea of vigorous exercise.

I quit smoking over 3 years ago, but I use McChrystal's snuff occassionally. I tend to use it at home after dinner because every time I use it in a restaurant or public place everytbody looks at me like I'm snorting cocaine. :lol:

Does rolled up paper stuffed with coffee grannuals count? It only lasts for 3 seconds before you to quickly submerge the flames in the sink else it will burn off your fingertips! I don't like smoke because I find it dirty. It lingers in your hair, clothes, soft furnishings, etc. In fact it can stain your teeth, fingers and even your walls!

I bet that's a revelation to all the smokers here. Good thing, they might've carried on otherwise

Camel filters.

here. wides on occasion.

a guy i work with smokes marlboro ultra lights. i bummed one off him one time on a busy night when i ran out and hadn't made it to a gas station yet. i swear there's no actual nicotine in those things and i feel like i'm smoking air, it's just the illusion of smoking.

Wow they still make wides? I smoked those briefly in high school.

I smoked a Camel Turkish Gold the other night and was practically choking. I think once you get used to what you've been smoking for so many years its difficult to go lighter or stronger.

yeah, one of my best friends smokes 2 packs of camel wides a day. i think he has 2 alveoli left.

How are his fingers and soft furnishings?

:lol:

his couch does scare me quite a bit.

i'm kind of glad i live somewhere where i'm forced to smoke outside (my buddy does too now, but the couch is leftover from his old place where he did smoke inside)

yeah, one of my best friends smokes 2 packs of camel wides a day. i think he has 2 alveoli left.

How do people afford this? And I am absolutely serious - though I have no idea what a pack costs in the US these days (must vary by state as well). But I thought that in Toronto it's like $10-11/pack these days since they keep raising taxes...who on earth has $600 to blow per month on cigarettes?

How do people afford this? And I am absolutely serious - though I have no idea what a pack costs in the US these days (must vary by state as well). But I thought that in Toronto it's like $10-11/pack these days since they keep raising taxes...who on earth has $600 to blow per month on cigarettes?

You could apply that logic to anything.

I think it's just under $6/pack in Minnesota.

I dont smoke anything else but shisha (hookah, depending on what you prefer to call it). I rather enjoy that. Especially because it's a lot easier to not be addicted to, but more importantly because it's enjoyable and flavored.

i couldn't believe how cheap smokes were in the States. you could get a 25 pack of Marlboro red talls for like $6... over here (we don't have talls either) they cost about $17.

I've been trying to quit... But whenever I go to a bar or feel the pressure of work digging its beastly claws into my back, I can't help myself. Oh the radiant burning of tobacco, its smokey apparition a poltergeist of this body... :help:

Heh, thanks. Almost convinced myself to taking a little break outside... :panic:
There's just something about coffee & cigarettes that is persistently alluring, and I can't help myself.

Back
Top Bottom