Smokeless tobacco + What do you smoke?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirror Ball Man

The Fly
This is a family forum, so threads like this often get deleted. But im gonna give it a try. If it gets deleted then so be it.

Does anybody here use smokeless tobacco aka dipping?
What brand do you use and how often?

Here, all smokeless tobacco is illegal except for an icelandic brand called "Íslenskt tóbak" or in english simply Icelandic tobacco. i use that one.

I've tried the Indian stuff from a brown friend of mine, the stuff that gives you a head rush. Pretty whacky shit.

That said I am all like "cancer, in my gums? It's more likely than you think" and don't try anything these days.

i used to do that shit, because the doc told me i didnt need to smoke, that and im a fucking redneck. It gave me a great feeling but i started having all types of digestive problems and heartburn. So one day i quit cold turkey and the problems did get better. The only thing is, if i drink too much i will smoke, but only then. Tobacco is bad for you in any form. Quit while you can.

a lot of people where i work dip. they're all rednecks or wannabe rednecks, including a few who buy the tins of tobacco with the pre-made lip-ready pouches.

i smoke a pack a day. i know it's bad for me. i know i should quit. i just don't care.

Google "lip cancer photos" and tell me that isn't enough motivation to quit.

I tried "chew" once in elementary school and thought it was disgusting.

I have a friend who drinks, smokes, doesn't eat very healthy, never exercises, and uses dirty words. He's also fairly laid back and genuinely happy. He swears that i will get cancer before him because im uptight and have a stressful job, even though i eat healthy, exercise all the time, and i rarely drink or smoke (compared to him).

He might be right or he might be wrong. But one thing he's pretty sure about is we are all going to die somehow and its probably not going to be fun or by a means of our chosing.

Now that ive been a downer, enjoy your youth folks!

It ain't that easy, brother. Sure, it might give a bit of motivation. But that's not the hard part.

Most every cigarette smoker out there knows the potentially horrific consequences. Most of us have motivation to quit. We still smoke. Why? Because it ain't that easy. Motivation is like 1/10th of the battle.

And because they're tasty and comforting.

I wasnt aware that tobacco was illegal anywhere....how odd.
dip or chewing tobacco or whatever (i don't know if all that stuff is the same or not) is illegal here. i didn't know either until a show here did an exposé on stores selling it illegally.

god, i know. graphic photos are on every pack of cigarettes here. it's basically like a visual version of the surgeon general warning in the us, showing photos of extreme tooth decay and lung x-rays, i think even mouth cancer and stuff.

I've quit before for months at a time, so it's entirely possible. It's more to alleviate boredom than anything else. I never throw one in in public, for what it's worth. And it helps me unwind after work. Tell you what, I'll quit after finishing this can of sweet, sweet Cope.

It ain't that easy, brother. Sure, it might give a bit of motivation. But that's not the hard part.

Most every cigarette smoker out there knows the potentially horrific consequences. Most of us have motivation to quit. We still smoke. Why? Because it ain't that easy. Motivation is like 1/10th of the battle.

This for me exactly.

god, i know. graphic photos are on every pack of cigarettes here. it's basically like a visual version of the surgeon general warning in the us, showing photos of extreme tooth decay and lung x-rays, i think even mouth cancer and stuff.

I've seen the ones from Canada and they're :yikes:
I wonder if they did that here in the U.S. if it would motivate more people to want to quit.

A bunch of guys I went to school with used to dip, so I have tried it a handful of times. One guy I know used to even carry his spit bottle in the halls and chew at school. Then theres my friend Devon who accidentally drank juice out of a beer bottle and threw up... but anyway, besides the buzz it gave me, it wasnt all that enjoyable

^Oh, I know cigarette-wise.
I was mainly referring to chewing. I've known a number of people who have been able to give up chew with not too much effort.

Cigarettes take pretty much every bit of effort you've got and then some.

Word.

But my point still stands. There are thousands upon thousands of users of smokeless tobacco who have seen the awful images you mentioned, yet still use.

Not arguing anything, it's just that your post that I quoted earlier got me thinking about the subject.

I'm just saying that the knowledge of the harmful effects of a substance, for a great great great number of people, has little to no bearing on whether or not they'll want to quit, or be able to quit. And that goes for anything, not just nicotine. I'm pretty sure everybody knows that anyway but, yeah.

It's sad, though. I'd love to quit smoking cigarettes, but, from where I'm standing now, I honestly don't think I ever will. It's the old paradox. I can make both of these statements and they'd both be equally true:

1. I'd love to quit smoking cigarettes.
2. I love smoking cigarettes.

It's like an unhealthy romantic relationship in a way. You'd love to break it off with your significant other, because he/she is hurting you. Yet you also love him/her.

Go Yankees, Rangers, and Rays.

if you enjoy it, why quit i say. :shrug: i've had the very occasional cig when out drinking, but i don't see myself ever taking it up. no way (and not only because ciggies are like three times more expensive here than they were in some places in the States). but smokers don't bother me at all. one of my best mates' dad has been smoking since he was 13/14, he's now 52 or so, and still smokes, and is in no danger of dying just yet.

i can't comprehend chewing tobacco though :barf:

if you enjoy it, why quit i say. :shrug:

That's the whole crux of the issue, my friend. That's what my post was getting at.

Why quit? Because I want to live a long life. I want to see as many seasons of Chicago White Sox baseball as I possibly can until they close my eyes and put me in a box.

Your question that I quoted is the fundamental problem with addiction. Not a single person, if they want to live a long and healthy life, should be heavily addicted to any dangerous substance. The shit will kill you, sooner or later. It's slow suicide.

Most know this, and yet there are countless people completely hooked and controlled by damaging substances. Why? Well, the answer, overwhelmingly, is because they enjoy it. You've hit right to the heart of the matter, cobblestone.

Addiction to drugs is fucking ruinous. And will be one of the biggest problems facing human society until the end of everything.

Thank god I'm not a religious man.

What do you smoke?

What kind of cigarettes do you smoke?

I smoke Winston classic and Camel filters.

Back
Top Bottom