School? Academics? Jobs? Everyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
7-10 pages on the political ramifications of the Romantic movement by Monday. :happy:

This is my midterms week. Apparently. :|

I have four papers to write, two midterm exams to take-- both on the same fucking day, and I feel like shit because of an oncoming cold.

Paper 1 (English) - due today; I didn't do it and now it's late. All late assignments are to be turned in by Sunday.
Paper 2 (Philosophy) - due Wednesday; I haven't done it yet.
Paper 3 (English) - due Thursday; I haven't even touched it.
Exam 1 (Physical Geography) - on Thursday; I don't even know what chapters the exam is on.........
Exam 2 (Math) - on Thursday; I don't even know what we're doing in class. Inverse functions? Astronomy? What??...

:sigh:

So, is anyone else having a tough time with school right now? I'm getting destroyed by school. I'm at the point of no return... ready to give up any second now. I might not even try to do any of the things I'm supposed to do. I've lost so much motivation to do well in school! Booooo. :angry:

Quick question: Does anyone have some extremely awesome and believable "I didn't do my schoolwork because..." excuses? Or maybe the "Can I make up the exam because..." excuses? I'd love to hear those and learn which ones were the most reliable. :wink:

The best excuse I ever had for missing an exam was because I was seeing U2. :lol:

Im in a similar situ though, Bio and 2 english papers to do. :hug: I felt like giving up too, but I figured I might as well say, cos even if I do fail Im still learning stuff. That or I forgot to drop out. :scratch:

^ :lol:

that's fucking great. :hmm: should I use U2 as an excuse?

:hug: good luck with your schoolwork. forgetting to drop out is good. :up: that ensures your future.
you should hit me up with some of that memory loss. :wink:

Quick question: Does anyone have some extremely awesome and believable "I didn't do my schoolwork because..." excuses? Or maybe the "Can I make up the exam because..." excuses? I'd love to hear those and learn which ones were the most reliable. :wink:

The worst one when is when people haven't bothered to do their homework but they flick through heaps of crumpled bits of paper and try to convince you they really did do it but just can't find it. Or the ones who look shocked when they hear they had homework to do even though they always get homework.

^ :drool: you're so awesome ellena. :wink:

i haven't written my papers yet but i got official extensions from the professors and i got my geography exam some other time (i used my "one make-up" exam card for it.. strange professors you know). and then i took my math exam which didn't go as self-deprecating as i thought it'd be. :lol:

i gotta write all three papers this weekend though. :tsk:

seriously, sometimes i think that i'm every teacher's worst nightmare. :|

I need help!!!

I have to write my philosophy paper on a book Fear and Trembling: Repetition by Soren Kierkegaard.

Anyone able to help me out? I'm struggling to interpret his thoughts on the 'knight of resignation', 'knight of faith', and so on.

I'm gonna feel bad if Im partly responsible for you not doing work, but ok. :lol:

Ill PM it to you, cos I dont want the examiners accusing me of plagerising myself. :huh:

I got an A in my Environmental Science. :hyper: I also got a U (ungraded) in my Biology. :lol: My teacher thought the contrast in marks was hillarious for some reason, but even the exceedingly clever people only got a D in Biology. :ohmy: So the teacher actually recommends that no-one resit it.

But an A! Ive never even gotten an A before. *superhappyexplosion*

:cheer:

^ EDIT.....

I changed my topic to euthanasia and its pros and cons. It's such a typical argumentative paper, but seeing that my paper is officially due in... 12 hours... I guess I have no other choice. I must say that euthanasia has a stronger debate in comparison to marijuana. I have to tie Thomas Jefferson in with my paper and his belief in freedom. Yeah. I write in this thread often, but I guess it's because I lack the academic support in my life. :wink:

That sounds like a good topic. I once did a research project on the legal and ethical aspects of a person's right to die for a Health Policy class. How did you do on the paper?

^ ............ my professor is a dick and he gave me a C+... he's this old guy... no joke, obsessed with thomas jefferson.

I got an A in my Environmental Science. :hyper: I also got a U (ungraded) in my Biology. :lol: My teacher thought the contrast in marks was hillarious for some reason, but even the exceedingly clever people only got a D in Biology. :ohmy: So the teacher actually recommends that no-one resit it.

But an A! Ive never even gotten an A before. *superhappyexplosion*

:cheer:

I just got my grade for the semester for my English Comp class. It was an accelerated course. 91!!!!!!! :D

congrats to you both!! :rockon:

I think these are my current grades:
Math - B
Philosophy - B
Physical Geo - C
English - ......... C or D?

I made a promise to my brother (and myself :lol: ) that I'd improve my GPA and bring it up from my first semester's 3.33 to a 3.5.
:| I dunno if that'll be happening.
I've been ditching class and turning shit in really late. :shrug:
I gotta get my motivation back. :slant:

hey guys, need your help!

I'm writing a seminar thesis at the moment and I'm not sure about how to quote an internet source multiple times. I would use a footnote the first time and then give the link. And if I use the same source on the same page? I mean is there something like 'see loc. cit.' for quoting a book?
:reject:

hey guys, need your help!

I'm writing a seminar thesis at the moment and I'm not sure about how to quote an internet source multiple times. I would use a footnote the first time and then give the link. And if I use the same source on the same page? I mean is there something like 'see loc. cit.' for quoting a book?
:reject:

Yep, if you're sourcing it multiple times in a row, without another source in between, you can use Ibid. But, if you use another source in between the two, you have to fully cite it when you use it again. :nerd:

:bump:

Does anyone have tips on how to remember the the many rules required to solve specific math problems? I ask because I always forget to do something in long algebra problems that cause the answer to be wrong. I'd appreciate in tips in better remembering them. There are just so many things to remember. :crack:

:bump:

Does anyone have tips on how to remember the the many rules required to solve specific math problems? I ask because I always forget to do something in long algebra problems that cause the answer to be wrong. I'd appreciate in tips in better remembering them. There are just so many things to remember. :crack:

What sort of math problems/rules do you mean?
Do you mean things like, collect like terms and such?

What sort of math problems/rules do you mean?
Do you mean things like, collect like terms and such?

Yeah, collecting like terms is exactly the kind of thing I forget. Knowing when to add or subtraction numbers on different sides of an equation, when to make the denominators the same number and other rules in algebraic math.

I sweep, so if anyone needs help on their sweeping technique, I'm the man to ask.

Roughly speaking, how far apart should I position my hands on the broomstick in order to maximise my sweeping power?

Anyone interested in marketing? I'm writing my thesis at moment and I'm sure I made tons of faults. (on only 15 pages I wrote till now) :reject:

Back
Top Bottom