School? Academics? Jobs? Everyone? - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2009, 06:58 PM   #91
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randhail View Post
Personally, I think you overestimate the effect that medical marijuana would have - if it becomes an acceptable drug to be used, then it would be subject to FDA regulation and would most likely not be grown by average people because they could not comply with the regulations. Additionally, the patient population for which marijuana is a viable option is rather small - not nearly enough to impact the economy in any significant way.
Damn it. So any suggestions on a new topic?

Thank you for pointing that out. I don't know if it makes a difference, but what about the general argument about the legalization of marijuana? FDA regulations would definitely be mentioned, but it could also open more employment opportunities, right?

I need to get the right sources and stuff, but the stupid stoners all over the world makes the sources unreliable. Damn cannabis forums. *shakes fist angrily*

Old 02-17-2009, 07:05 PM   #92
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:19 PM
Could you maybe generalise it more? To something like Marijuanas role in society? Or is that too broad?

I dont know how it works in the US, but we have classifications for drugs, maybe you could write about getting it reclassed.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:08 PM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by youtooellen View Post
Damn it. So any suggestions on a new topic?
What about doing it on some aspect of student rights? You should be able to find lots of stuff.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #94
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Here's the actual rubric/lectured information: it's supposed to be an opinionated paper while containing all of the arguments in the text.

- Identify main points of Hume's argument. What are the four arguments that Philo makes to Cleanthes?
- Do you agree with Humes (ex. intelligent design)?

So far I'm thinking that the four arguments are all amongst empiricism (?): "intelligent design"-- the world as a "perfect machine", fideism, the problem of evil, and maybe the ontological idea. I don't even actually know. Haha.

Now that I think about it.... I guess I'm struggling with this.

By the way, thank you for your help!
I don't know why I said four arguments, it's quite markedly three All three arguments do argue the same, very basic message, but only Cleanthes argues empiricism. Both Demea and Philo (Philo considerably better) state that God's nature is beyond human comprehension, and we can therefore never know this nature through the medium of reason. Cleanthes contradicts this view, and states that reason is the only way in which you'll know it.
Cleanthes bases his belief on empirical theism on intelligent design, and Philo is used as the sceptic to raise Humes own objections to the argument from design. When he gets down to Gods moral attributes in the last bit (if I remember rightly... it might be before the end) he cites evil in nature as evidence against God being 'infinitely' anything.

When discussing opinions, I'd go for the intelligent design argument if I were you because it's the most obvious thing to focus on - there's a lot of material there for you to use. Philo's argument for fideism is probably the best argument in the text - but it's used more as a conclusion as an arguing point, so you couldn't express a contradictory argument (... I don't think, unless you want to free style without referencing the text )

Not too sure whether this actually helped at all, but if you have any more questions on this I'll have a bash at answering them
Old 02-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #95
New Yorker

^ thank you so much!!

your help really made a difference in my paper. it helped me figure out a thesis statement and everything. i owe ya one.

turned that paper in at 11am this morning and tonight i have to write my english argumentation paper... about marijuana. i'm seriously debating if i should change my topic, but i don't know what to do it on.

not to mention that i have 16 hours left to brainstorm and write it...
Old 02-18-2009, 11:45 PM   #96
New Yorker

^ EDIT.....

I changed my topic to euthanasia and its pros and cons. It's such a typical argumentative paper, but seeing that my paper is officially due in... 12 hours... I guess I have no other choice. I must say that euthanasia has a stronger debate in comparison to marijuana. I have to tie Thomas Jefferson in with my paper and his belief in freedom. Yeah. I write in this thread often, but I guess it's because I lack the academic support in my life.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #97
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
^ thank you so much!!

your help really made a difference in my paper. it helped me figure out a thesis statement and everything. i owe ya one.
I'm sure you're exaggerating and knew it all anyway!

I'd so rather write a paper on euthanasia than marijuana use me thinks, it's a bit more black and white.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #98
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

P.s. If someone in here's fluent in/pretty good at French I could probably do with some help on my next assignment. Yes, I've had to resort to begging in my blog for help in the past
Old 02-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #99
Blue Crack Addict

i have a bio exam in an hour. i was up until 3 am studying. i am all studied out.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirlvox View Post
P.s. If someone in here's fluent in/pretty good at French I could probably do with some help on my next assignment. Yes, I've had to resort to begging in my blog for help in the past

might be able to help......
Old 02-20-2009, 04:18 PM   #101
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygloeyes2 View Post
i have a bio exam in an hour. i was up until 3 am studying. i am all studied out.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #102
Protecting my eyes ARRRR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygloeyes2 View Post
Good luck DG.

This thread and the discussions make my hurt. I'm so not cut out for academics.

Well done do all those in college/Uni.

6 countries,11 shows. AMAZING FRIENDS AND MEMORIES = Jem's priceless 360 Tour
bonoishot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:59 PM   #103
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:19 AM
Do any doctors or med students have any advice for learning anatomy?

I'm trying to nail vertebrate anatomy at the moment but I get flummoxed with recalling all the elements, I am willing to try flash cards, software etc.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #104
New Yorker

I'd recommend a model if its at all possible. I always find things easier to learn if I can physically see them.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:39 PM   #105
Blue Crack Addict

A model is a good idea, I agree. That way you can do a self test and label the parts as you attempt to memorize them. That's what my professor recommended I do when I had Biology and it worked really well.

Tags
academics, assistance, jobs, school