School? Academics? Jobs? Everyone? - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #61
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:10 PM
^

I don't think that you're bad at procrastination... you must be damn good if you're working on an assignment that's 3 months late. Haha.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #62
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
PM me your maths stuff or post here and I might be able to help. We did a shore study but it was on seaweed distribution.
Its a lot to post, so I cant really. But I need to interpret graphs and stuff. Its fairly obvious that theres a trend, but I somehow have to squeeze loads of info from it.

I have NO idea what the sciences behind limpet size changes are either. Yeah, they modify their shapes for various reasons, but have nothing to write about, because I dont know how it happens. Something to do with calcium I imagine.

I hope I dont get an arse kicking tomorrow from the teacher.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #63
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Local Time: 11:10 PM
Who wants to write my midterms for me?
Old 02-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #64
New Yorker

Feeling a bit more content, as it turned out my coursework (though its still unfinished) wasnt as bad as I thought, and the teacher said Im good at writing "this sort of stuff". I find more formal writing easier.

Which leads on to my next problem, I have to write 2 pieces for English, which BOTH (together) total 2500 words. I thought I knew what I was doing, but after trying them, they both didnt turn out very good. Now I dont have a clue what to do...
Old 02-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #65
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo! View Post

Which leads on to my next problem, I have to write 2 pieces for English, which BOTH (together) total 2500 words. I thought I knew what I was doing, but after trying them, they both didnt turn out very good. Now I dont have a clue what to do...
I might be able to help you out. What seems to be the problem? Do you have a decent thesis statement?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:32 PM   #66
Blue Crack Addict

Working 5-6 nights a week while taking 4 classes is waaaaaaaaaaaay harder than I expected it to be. I knew it would be difficult, just didn't know it would be this demanding.

My English class is only half a semester(runs until March 15th). So while I have more work to do, I'll be done with the class by mid-march.

I am seriously freaking about Biological Principals. And it doesn't help that my professor doesn't explain anything either.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:02 PM   #67
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonGirl View Post
I might be able to help you out. What seems to be the problem? Do you have a decent thesis statement?
Well the specification is neigh impossible to understand. Basically I have to write 2 pieces, 1250-ish each (to make 2500) and write a 1000 word commentary on the 2.

It can pretty much be anything, but not a story. Both pieces should be different, eg, cant have 2 letters, it should be like a letter and an article.

Im just having a hard time getting a topic and a form. I was working on a letter but the teacher didnt seem all that impressed with it, so Im having a rethink. Its hard to come up with an idea without it turning into directions or a list.

I could have done a review of NLOTH, but its not going to be out in time.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:47 AM   #68
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
Out of work here, taking online course for career change into the medical field. I'm struggling with medical terminology!
What are you struggling with? I did some medical terminology as a pre-req for forensic medicine. Boring as all shit!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:04 AM   #69
New Yorker

I haven't heard back yet about my Physical Geography exam, but I got my College Algebra exam back, after taking it last week, and I got an 84% outta 100%. The professor had all the exam grades sprawled out on his desk, and it turns out that I was one of the top five grades on the exam.
I studied pretty damn hard and pulled off a solid B, so I guess I have my work cut out for the remainder of the semester.

I have to write two papers for next week. One for Philosophy of Religion and one for my English 101 class. One of the reasons why I hate 3-day weekends. Professors and teachers take that as a cue to assign more schoolwork for us lazy students.

Assfaces.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #70
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by youtooellen View Post
I haven't heard back yet about my Physical Geography exam, but I got my College Algebra exam back, after taking it last week, and I got an 84% outta 100%. The professor had all the exam grades sprawled out on his desk, and it turns out that I was one of the top five grades on the exam.
I studied pretty damn hard and pulled off a solid B, so I guess I have my work cut out for the remainder of the semester.
Woo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by youtooellen View Post
Assfaces.

You must get exam results pretty quick, It takes about 3 months to get our results. I did one in Jan and I think the results come back mid March.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:42 PM   #71
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:10 AM
Quote:
You must get exam results pretty quick, It takes about 3 months to get our results. I did one in Jan and I think the results come back mid March.

Yikes, 3 months?? I'm so glad that the norm at my university is 10-15 working days for getting our results. Sometimes, it takes somewhat longer, but not longer than a month!

I'm no good at math, but if someone needs help with writing papers/letters or something (cultural topics like literature/history/media preferred) then I can help out, or with some foreign languages like German, French or Spanish.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #72
New Yorker

Well, ours are sent away and marked, so I spose it takes a while to process. Do yours get marked by the uni/school?

Still annoying though.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:45 PM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Well, ours are sent away and marked, so I spose it takes a while to process. Do yours get marked by the uni/school?

Still annoying though.
Yup they do. It might be that our groups may be usually smaller than at your uni/school? But it's really annoying to have to wait so long to get your grades back, I agree
Old 02-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #74
New Yorker

Well the UK has different exam boards for subjects. So if you're studying say, English, you could be doing a different course from another school or college. It'd still get you the same qualification, but its just different content.

You cant get the opportunity to get your paper back and see what you did wrong or anything either. I think you can actually, but you have to pay for it. They really need to revise the system for exams though, its so annoying.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #75
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I also sometimes follow courses from different faculties, but here in Holland they luckily have one system which handles all the grades.

Wow it does suck though that you cannot view what you did wrong or anything unless you pay for it! You should be able to view your test results properly, I think that's only right

Tags
academics, assistance, jobs, school