School? Academics? Jobs? Everyone? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #46
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:23 AM
I seem to have trouble knowing what to write for certain sections of coursework. Like the hypothesis, implementation, analysis and conclusion.

You'd think it'd be straightforward, but it isnt.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #47
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:23 AM
Last night I took notes on the atmospheric layers (I hope nobody minds my reiteration of my notes... I wanted to get some practice in and make sure my notes are right. ) I also want to expand on each topic and its subcategories, so any help is appreciated.

Atmosphere layers >>
composition (1) homosphere, (2) heterosphere
temperature (3) troposphere, (4) stratosphere, (5) mesosphere, (6) thermosphere
function (7) ozonosphere, (8) ionosphere

(1) homosphere [composition]: all of the gases are evenly mixed
(2) heterosphere [composition]: all of the gases are layered by density, unevenly distributed
(3) troposphere [temperature]: consists of the biosphere/geosphere; consists of water vapor, clouds, weather, air pollution, and life forms
(4) stratosphere [temperature]: it is the location of the ozone layer; temperature increases with altitude
(5) mesosphere [temperature]: it is the coldest portion of the atmosphere
(6) thermosphere [temperature]: temperature rises with altitude; lots of kinetic energy between the molecules but there is very little heat
(7) ozonosphere [function]: 'ozone layer' O3; absorbs and filters ultraviolet rays and infrared radiation
(8) ionosphere [function]: absorbs cosmic, gamma, x-rays, and shorter wavelengths; it is also the area of the atmosphere where auroral lights appear

Old 02-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #48
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 09:23 PM
Out of work here, taking online course for career change into the medical field. I'm struggling with medical terminology!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #49
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo! View Post
I seem to have trouble knowing what to write for certain sections of coursework. Like the hypothesis, implementation, analysis and conclusion.

You'd think it'd be straightforward, but it isnt.
Whats your bio coursework on? I did it for two separate boards at A level...one AQA the other CEA....B and then A in it respectively...I have two A levels in biology cause i'm special

Your hypothesis section just needs to be the hypothesis, implementation just how the experiment was carried out, procedures involved, health and safety, what you will be recording etc. Analysis show your results, tables and graphs, plus state what is happening for whatever your doing. Conclusion is basically arguing why your hypothesis was right or wrong. Explain the science behind it.

I could help better if I knew what exp your doing though...we did the classic osmosis in potatoes thing.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:04 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by youtooellen View Post
Another thing I keep getting confused is the times of the solstices and how they affect the Earth. I recall something about the winter solstice meaning the 24 hours of daylight or nighttime in the Arctic... but I can't remember which. Something about the Tropic of Cancer and Capricorn, being below one means something else.
A solstice and equinox are caused by where the sun's vertical rays strike the Earth. Skipping the long explanation, the tilt of the Earth's axis affects where the vertical rays strike the Earth. So during the March and September equinox, the vertical rays are striking the equator. This causes an equal day of 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness for the entire planet. The March equinox occurs on the 20th and the September equinox happens on 22nd. The solstices are a little different in that the verticals rays aren't striking the equator. On the June Solstice, the vertical rays are striking the Tropic of Cancer which is above the equator. This is because the North Pole is tilting towards the sun. This happens around the 21st. The day is longer for latitudes north of the equator and shorter below the equator. The Arctic Circle to the North Pole has 24 hours of daylight and opposite occurs from the Antarctic Circle to the South Pole. This is because of the sun's tangent rays that strike the top and bottom of the Earth. On the December Solstice, which happens around the 21st, the opposite of all that happens because the North Pole is tilted away from the sun. If you try to visual that it should start to make sense.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:42 AM   #51
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Local Time: 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
Out of work here, taking online course for career change into the medical field. I'm struggling with medical terminology!
Examples?

Or is it just a memorization thing?
Old 02-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
as long as you know what a Code Brown is, you're all set
Old 02-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #53
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
Whats your bio coursework on? I did it for two separate boards at A level...one AQA the other CEA....B and then A in it respectively...I have two A levels in biology cause i'm special

Your hypothesis section just needs to be the hypothesis, implementation just how the experiment was carried out, procedures involved, health and safety, what you will be recording etc. Analysis show your results, tables and graphs, plus state what is happening for whatever your doing. Conclusion is basically arguing why your hypothesis was right or wrong. Explain the science behind it.

I could help better if I knew what exp your doing though...we did the classic osmosis in potatoes thing.
Ah we've done the potato thing. I think that was the test coursework for AS.

Convieniently, mine is AQA B too.
What I did was study Limpets on a rocky shore, its about the different shapes of limpets on upper or lower shores, what effects them, causes shape change, etc.

Im really struggling with the maths stuff and graphs. I think I may have done the thick of it, but I really dont know how to interpret it, as I dont understand it.

I need to get as much done as possible before wednesday.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:35 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

are you people seriously outsourcing your homework to the internet?
Old 02-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #55
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
are you people seriously outsourcing your homework to the internet?
wish i'd thought of it last semester.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #56
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo! View Post
Ah we've done the potato thing. I think that was the test coursework for AS.

Convieniently, mine is AQA B too.
What I did was study Limpets on a rocky shore, its about the different shapes of limpets on upper or lower shores, what effects them, causes shape change, etc.

Im really struggling with the maths stuff and graphs. I think I may have done the thick of it, but I really dont know how to interpret it, as I dont understand it.

I need to get as much done as possible before wednesday.
PM me your maths stuff or post here and I might be able to help. We did a shore study but it was on seaweed distribution.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:23 AM

Urbanization paper due tomorrow.
I'm just starting.
Someone kill me for procrastinating.
And ban me from this forum until May.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:52 AM   #58
New Yorker

^ I feel ya on that. This forum is such a damn distraction. Ugh.

Thanks a lot Screwtape for the help. I have my exam today at 2:30pm... I'm fucked for it, so I'm just gonna focus on the bigger topics, like the solstices and the albedo whatnot.
My lack of notes should help me review. Wow. I'm gonna own this exam.

Procrastination is an addiction.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #59
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Good luck avec le exam, ellen

Damn, I'm so bad at procrastination - I've only just handed politics coursework in today that was three months over due The work itself isn't that hard, it's just the motivation to start the bloody thing!
Old 02-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by youtooellen View Post
Thanks a lot Screwtape for the help. I have my exam today at 2:30pm... I'm fucked for it, so I'm just gonna focus on the bigger topics, like the solstices and the albedo whatnot.
My lack of notes should help me review. Wow. I'm gonna own this exam.
Good luck!

Tags
academics, assistance, jobs, school