School? Academics? Jobs? Everyone? - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2009, 03:46 PM   #166
The Fly

Local Time: 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo! View Post
Nah, cos I had volenteered for it thinking "give it a go", but it was seriously above my level of knowledge. It expected you to be well read, and reference books you have read in your answers. I read dick all, so it was kind of impossible for me to answer.

Also, the effort didnt really equal the outcome. You dont get a mark up to your final grade, just 30 more UCAS (like, uni points) points. Its more for all the students who get A grades, as a means of putting yourself above others with A grades to get uni places. And since I dont get A's, thats another reason not to bother.
Ahhh, I'm sorry. Don't give up now girl....hang in there.

And I totally know where you're coming from about students who think they are in a "special clique" just because of their grades. In undergrad, I kept my gpa over a 3.5 because I knew I wanted to get into a good graduate program. I didn't walk around with my nose in the air, thinking everyone with gpa's below mine were beneath me. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your academic achievements, but you don't have to act like an ass .

to Moo Moo, and to her classmates who think they are better than everyone else.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #167
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn up the AC View Post
It sounds like you're on the right track. Your instructor is also giving you good feedback and is keeping you on the right path . My curiosity is peaked, and I want to know how this assignment plays out. What is your classification?
oh I just read your post...
Actually, I just got home from my presentation. So, finally I'm done. She did the grading right after presentation and I'm content I have to say. Looks like the hard work was worth it. Ok, she said that only one of my case studies (I did 3) is really working for my purpose (haha but I had to fill 10 pages )...but well I think she took into consideration that I was the only one who wasn't complaining about not enough literature like the others did. (she gave them some extra lit. for the case studies).When I arrived at uni today I had no clue if all that I going to present is worth it...

I dunno if you're still interested but the classification looks the following:
Content

1.Factors for discussing the impacts of culture on marketing communications
2.Theoretical foundations of culture
2.1 Background and framework of communication
2.2 The culture dimensions by Hofstede
3. Marketing communication of multinational corporations
3.1 Differences of communication in diverse cultures
3.2 Problems of cross-cultural advertisement
3.3 Media selection
3.4 The influence of humor on advertising
4 Case studies
4.1 Frank Müller – Doing business in Japan
4.2 Advertising spots – Chrysler Concorde
4.3 The Global Leadership Organizational Behavior Effectiveness Research Program (GLOBE)
5.Conclusion and Outlook
6 Bibliography

Old 07-26-2009, 12:20 AM   #168
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 12:10 PM
Looks good to me. What made you choose those 3 case studies? It an interesting mix

I have a bach in communication and marketing, and a bach in Public Relations if anyone needs any SPIN? hahahaha! really my course was so broad and general the bloody jobs list was a foot long.

Anyway im a teacher now, so if anyone needs any elp on educational objectives, pedagogical techniques or learning outcomes, im here to help
Old 07-26-2009, 05:11 AM   #169
New Yorker

^

Oh cool that you also did comm. and marketing.
Well, I needed to deal with all the theory in the case studies. So, the first one is an interview I did with a sales mananger who knows a lot about business negotiations in Japan. This covers all the general theory about culture in the context of communication etc. The second one is an advertisement spot I analyzed regarding the aspect of humor in different cultures (the spot was forbidden in the US, but it would have well worked in Europe), and you could also explain 2 theoretical culture models with it. Ok, the last one is not really a case study that fits, because it exhibits a complete new theoretical foundation I did not use before. They detected new cultural dimensions and purpose of this study was to show the influence of different leadership styles on the employees working. Not really my topic...but they discovered this culture dimension called assertiveness which is often used in commercial messages. So, the results of this study are usable for me because there is again the connection to advertisement. I just wrote as short text passage about this new theoretical model in the main paper.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:31 AM   #170
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
hmmm, i can see why you chose them, cultural dimensions is a really interesting aspect, I love all the nuances to go with it. Do you watch or read adveritsements with a different view of them now? I am always doing that going 'oooh good key message' or 'wow, you need to reassess that strategy!' or maybe i'm just anal. HAHAHA!
Not that i'd be any good now, having not had anything to do with marketing in 3 years!
Old 07-26-2009, 05:46 AM   #171
45:33

Just wondering if there's any journalists among us...
Old 07-26-2009, 06:11 AM   #172
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlingamy View Post
hmmm, i can see why you chose them, cultural dimensions is a really interesting aspect, I love all the nuances to go with it. Do you watch or read adveritsements with a different view of them now? I am always doing that going 'oooh good key message' or 'wow, you need to reassess that strategy!' or maybe i'm just anal. HAHAHA!
Not that i'd be any good now, having not had anything to do with marketing in 3 years!
yeah I know what you mean LOL! I think I get very fast why they chose this or that person, place or illustration etc. But I think I have also done that before I got more into this marketing thing. Anyway there are still some spots I don't get...ha!

Tags
academics, assistance, jobs, school