RIP RavenBlue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
I don't even know how to post this, so I'll get straight to the point: RavenBlue, aka Ravva to some of us and Neely to others, passed away unexpectedly at her home on 4 September 2013.

I will always remember her love of nature, her enthusiasm for music, and her truly good personality.

I'm not sure what to say. I just found out and I'm still stunned; I thought those of you who also knew her should be aware of the news. Her obituary is here: Neely Gillcrist Obituary - Fundy Funeral Home

Ax

That's awful. My sincere condolences.

Raven made herself scarce over the past few years but we ran in the same click and I miss her very much. What a shame. RIP

I didn't know her very well here, but her avatar always made me smile. RIP

Oh I am so sad to hear this. She was always such a kind person. I will remember her fondly. Condolences to her family and friends.

I don't know what to say. She was wonderful, always a very kind and fun soul, a truly good person. Some good memories of posting with her back in the day. RIP.

Thanks for letting us know, Ax.

I'm still reeling over this, honestly. I went to check, because I thought she'd just been on the forum very recently. Apparently it was back in March, but it doesn't feel like it was that long ago, chatting away in the video game thread. I really can't believe someone I used to spend so much online time with is gone, this is weird to deal with, because on one hand, she's not someone I knew in person, but on the other hand, she's still someone I interacted with on a very regular basis for a very long time.

I'm just so sad and sorry she's gone.

Sad, indeed. Condolences to her friends/family on and offline.

There is something bizarre about someone you know online dying. I don't think I ever had any interactions with her personally, but it's a very odd thing to think about. I've joked before when people have returned from extended breaks from this place about "hey, you're not dead!" It's the whole basic, if I died, who would notice? Ego and morality question. Or if any of the dysfunctional Internet family here were killed in a freak accident, would we just wonder where they disappeared to? I don't know, it's 4:30am and something to ponder.

I'm still reeling over this, honestly. I went to check, because I thought she'd just been on the forum very recently. Apparently it was back in March, but it doesn't feel like it was that long ago, chatting away in the video game thread. I really can't believe someone I used to spend so much online time with is gone, this is weird to deal with, because on one hand, she's not someone I knew in person, but on the other hand, she's still someone I interacted with on a very regular basis for a very long time.

Pretty much this. She used to be a PLEBAn too way back in the days, and she was always kind and very fond of nature. It's just so strange to find out she's gone. :(

She was a lovely person, and I enjoyed the many conversations we had over the years. This is so heartbreaking to hear. Wishing her family peace.

Yeah, this. I can't really believe that she'll never again crop up in the Superthread or the Porcupine Tree thread or somewhere similar, or that I won't see her great nature photos on my Facebook feed, or anything like that. Unlike so many argumentative bastards here like me, she always had something nice to post and I can never recall her ever being involved in a flame war or getting a rise out of someone. She was a really good sort, the kind Interference sometimes lacks. Like IWB says, there's something unreal about somebody you know online dying, like they're just going to keep sporadically showing up on the forum in future anyway, because that's what they've always done. This is the first time an online friend of mine has died and it just feels so... empty, but in a different way from when people I know in person have passed away. I can't even explain it.

I don't think I ever communicated with her all that much but when I did I found her to be really friendly and pleasant to talk to. Sad stuff.

Back
Top Bottom