Rad Reptiles!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ugh. can you make shoes out of it or anything? does he play with it after it comes off or does he just ignore it? How often does he do that? I'm 7.5, how many would I need do you think?

Hmm, I think I might need a few more sheddings before I can produce one shoe. Can I perhaps interest you in a necklace instead?

It's like a human baby's first steps, but like a billion times more rad.

I KNOW! I'm so glad you understand :hug:

I'm tired of these muthafuckin snakes on this muthafuckin plane!

3206_728958998223_6209520_41684847_6470872_n.jpg

He'd eat my hamsters wouldn't he ?:angry:

I had a dream last night that I was buying a parrot from a pet shop. There was a glass tank with snakes in that was open and I let the parrot bite one of them. What can you do with a snake? They're not cute, they're not cuddly and they're not furry. Even with a hamster you can sense their mood because they do communicate with you. This morning I knew that my hamster was tired when I saw him sit on top of his bed. Reptiles are cold blooded. And what's the deal with people keeping terantula's as pets? What do you get from them?

He'd eat my hamsters wouldn't he ?:angry:

I had a dream last night that I was buying a parrot from a pet shop. There was a glass tank with snakes in that was open and I let the parrot bite one of them. What can you do with a snake? They're not cute, they're not cuddly and they're not furry. Even with a hamster you can sense their mood because they do communicate with you. This morning I knew that my hamster was tired when I saw him sit on top of his bed. Reptiles are cold blooded. And what's the deal with people keeping terantula's as pets? What do you get from them?

if you put a hamster on a plane and take a picture it wouldn't be nearly as funny nor cute. and no, magnificent wouldn't eat your hamster, so s/he's safe :)

magster def knows who i am. he likes to get up when i get up in the morning and play, hoping that i'd play with him. he also likes to watch me from his tank sometimes. and, it makes sense that i would find a snake that likes to dance. i play magnificent a lot for him, i've no idea if he recognizes it, but i'm sure when he's older he'll help me earn lotsa coins in the coffee cup for those skills.

I'm tired of these muthafuckin snakes on this muthafuckin plane!

3206_728958998223_6209520_41684847_6470872_n.jpg

:lol::cute::lol:

very good, mia!

There was a "little snakes on a plane" incident recently ......

A bunch of baby ?pythons (around 40?) being shipped by plane- 4 of them got out of their container!

WAIT!
i got it......
:hyper:
Now you have to get another toy plane and........
paint it as the latest U2 Tour Plane
once we know what it looks like! :wink: :lol:

Not only is that awesome, it's also insanely cute.

Isn't he presh? Wook at those widdle beady eyes!!!

How do you cuddle a snake? With my hamsters I can hold them in my hand ind kiss or tickle their tummy but how can you show affection to a snake? Does it curl up on your lap? What games can you play with it? Are they clever?

He's pretty clever. Lately we've been making regular trips to the studio. He's already written some hot songs in his spare time, so we've been recording. He can't get enough of the autotune. Mark my words, this snake is gonna be HOT!

Your snake is beautiful (I kind of think all snakes are!) My daughter has a corn snake but I don't have pics.

This post from me is to honor the memory of a reptile that was very special in my life for 7 yrs. We got him when he was 6 mos. old. Started out my daughter's pet before we realized how high maintenance he was!

He passed away last September. This is Lizzie, he was a Chinese Waterdragon.

funnyliz.jpg

liz.jpg

liz04.3.jpg

meandliz.jpg

Awwww all you're reptiles are beautiful everyone:D I love all animals even the reptiles I would be a trying to be a zoo tech otherwise. Now I use to hate snakes etc until I had to take a reptiles class for school, here are some pics please forgive me for looking like crap I just got out the hospital before these pics were taken, so I was tired, drugged, out etc but I still went to class to help show some of this beautiful creatures, even though I have just gotten out of the hospital. To bad I don't have the pic of me with full size python that guy was huge! but we had an emergency so I couldn't get a pic. Enjoy these ugly pics of me but beautiful pics of the beasties.

Here is a baby monitor, this guy was funny he would hiss at everyone but me then he got away and ran down the hall and all this girls screamed when they saw him coming it was awesome.
Reptiles001.jpg

With Some sort of Aussie Lizard here
Reptiles004.jpg

A Star Turtle
Reptiles003.jpg

This guy kept falling asleep in my arms and when someone would take him he would bite them
Reptiles006.jpg

Another Aussie lizard I was laughing at him cause when you would tickle him he would growl or make this weird noise that sounded like he was farting
Reptiles002.jpg

Thanks, unico. When we got him he was tiny and lived in a 20gal. tank. They are from tropical climate so very sensitive to temps and they require UVA/UVB, special diet, high humidity. They grow to be 3-3.5' Lizzie was a big boy, those pics are actually about 5yrs. old. I'll find some more recent ones and show the home we custom built for him. It was a walk-in room, basically. He had quite the setup.

Floweravalanche, those are great pics! Hope you're feeling better, btw. The 4th pic you're holding a waterdragon. Unusual that he would bite..they're actually very docile. A lot of people confuse them with green iguanas, which can be aggressive. Good luck with your classes. I would have loved to have gone into that line of work. :up:

Last edited:
Your snake is beautiful (I kind of think all snakes are!) My daughter has a corn snake but I don't have pics.

This post from me is to honor the memory of a reptile that was very special in my life for 7 yrs. We got him when he was 6 mos. old. Started out my daughter's pet before we realized how high maintenance he was!

He passed away last September. This is Lizzie, he was a Chinese Waterdragon.

funnyliz.jpg

liz.jpg

liz04.3.jpg

meandliz.jpg

He was very beautiful :love: I like lizards a lot just can't do the snake thing lol

Floweravalanche, those are great pics! Hope you're feeling better, btw. The 4th pic you're holding a waterdragon. Unusual that he would bite..they're actually very docile. A lot of people confuse them with green iguanas, which can be aggressive. Good luck with your classes. I would have loved to have gone into that line of work. :up:

Thank you. Yeah not sure why he would bite at us, maybe not feeling well or something?

Im hanging in there the best I can the best I can Thank you for asking :)

Thank you, they are very fun classes indeed I love being hands on with the animals

I think snakes sound pretty cool but I still don't like the idea of them just creeping up on me. I like to know where they are. There's a certian type of snake that once they get to a certain size, their owners have to give them away to a zoo or animal centre because they become to dangerous to humans. There was something on TV about these stories where this women was wroken up in the night after she felt her snake strangling her body. They can kill humans once they get to a certain size.

Thank you. Yeah not sure why he would bite at us, maybe not feeling well or something?

I agree, that's probably why.

Cactus Annie,

Several months ago there was a 3 yr. old boy that was attacked by a 17ft. python in his home here in town. The mother stabbed the snake repeatedly and it let go. He survived, thankfully. The snake did not, which is a shame but obviously it was life or death for the little boy. It was not his fault but his idiot parents for not securing it. If you can't be responsible, you shouldn't own a creature like that. Too many people 'think it's cool' to bring home an exotic but don't have the brains or financial means to care for it.

^ I agree. You know there are stories about dog owners killing their canines because they can't aford to look after them. We live in a Me Want society whereby people just act like children and never think of the consequences but they only live in the moment. They seek instant gratification. You know how expensive it is to look after a dog? I couldn't do it. I love cats but I live on a busy main road where it could easily be run over and that's why I don't have one. I love the photo's of the Chinese Waterdragon that you've posted, but I won't get one because I don't know how to look after it. Some people treat their pets like they are cool objects and they fail to think of the consequences. Some people even treat their children in the same manner.

I agree. Pets can be great additions to our lives but they shouldn't be a burden. We all have choices. My husband did not share in my passion for Lizzie but fortunately we were able to provide him with a comfortable life. I don't have plans for another reptile(we've since taken down the vivarium and donated the equipment) but he really meant a lot to me. His death was kind of tragic, he had an accident and jumped from his branch into a shelf, fracturing his shoulder and collarbone.

Found these pics of his condo. This was constructed at our old house, taken down and built again at the new. We had the garage climate controlled to accomodate him. I used to dream about taking him home to Asia and letting him go in the wild. Even though he was a labor of love, I always felt he needed to be free.

lizardlounge.jpg

iamtherock.jpg

lappool.jpg

rampaccess.jpg

Oh cool Mia! How did I miss this thread?? Magnificent is so pretty :cute: I love his plane pic :lol:
I always wanted a snake when I was a kid but my mom always said no, so I did have lots of lizards, turtles and tortoises.
I had a lizard named Sammy once because he looked exactly like Sammy Davis Jr, I swear.

Back
Top Bottom