R.I.P. Circuit City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just heard on the news that Circuit City was unable to find a buyer. They will be liquidating their assets and closing all remaining stores.

Personally, I haven't shopped there in quite some time. I feel bad for all of the people that will be out of work, though.

They are supposed to start liquidating inventory as early as tomorrow, so if you're in the market for a new TV...

So companies are going bankrupt in America also? If my mum's employer is not bought by the CO-OP she could be out of a job by February, because Wincanton Logistics could go bust. They've already closed two big warehouses. She's always worked hard as well. No doubt this will delight some people around here.

I went to CC yesterday to get an internal hard drive for my laptop.

The prices weren't low enough to bother with so I went to Best Buy instead.

For those of you that are World Market shoppers, there's a few states that have stores completely closing due to low performance. I worked at one in Minneapolis last year that was always super busy. It's one of the stores closing. The ones in Phoenix aren't nearly as busy and they're staying open. So stayed tuned on that. I won't be surprised if they're all going to close soon. I love that store so I really hope not.

Really? I hadn't heard about that. :(

went in today out of curiosity and it's too early for the good deals. They only had 10 to 30 percent off. TVs were only 15% off. I bought 2 PSP games for my son, they were 10% off and pretty picked over so I didn't want to wait on those.

Yes, this isn't good. I actually have a Visa Circuit City Rewards card (yes, go ahead and laugh now). I just cashed in my points. Hopefully, CC will be around when I get my certificate in the mail.

As of May 19(from an email i got), Circuit City Online is back... Not sure about the stores though. There are some bargains on the site now.

TVs, Computers, Cameras, Desktops, Laptops, Consumer Electronics, and More at CircuitCity.com

On May 19, 2009, Systemax Inc. purchased the Circuit City brand and website. Systemax Inc. has been in business since 1949. Systemax Inc. is a leading multi-channel retailer of computers, electronics, and industrial products in North America and Europe. Systemax Inc. is a publicly traded company on the NYSE under the symbol SYX.

CircuitCity.com
Systemax Inc., a leading multi-channel retailer of computers, electronics, and industrial products, has purchased the Circuit City brand, trademark, website and other assets. The purchased assets include the customer records of the original Circuit City.

As part of our "Customer First" initiative, and respect for your privacy, you can opt-out of having your personally identifiable information transferred to the new Circuit City. Personally identifiable information may include name, address, email, phone, and purchase history. However, it DOES NOT include credit card data or other personal financial information; this information will not be transferred to us at all. If you opt-out prior to June 9th, your personal information will be purged and you will no longer receive email communications from Circuit City.

If you wish to Opt-out of having your personal information transferred to the new CircuitCity.com, you can click here to opt-out now. If you have no objections, thank you. Stay tuned to discover the new and exciting world of the re-launched CircuitCity.com: Lower Prices, Wider Selection, Faster Shipping, World Class Service!

As part of the re-launch, the new CircuitCity.com has adopted a new Privacy Policy. The new Privacy Policy ensures that your personal information remains safe. We will not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to unrelated third parties except as stated in the Privacy Policy. (Click here to view the new Privacy Policy.) If you do not opt-out of the transfer of your customer information by June 9, 2009 the new Privacy Policy will be applicable to you.

We encourage you to try out the new CircuitCity.com and know that we will always respect your privacy and honor your requests.

Back
Top Bottom